What's new

PAC Launches Android Tablet – PAC-PAD Takhti 7

^^^ i was about to reply him..... Thanks Oscar..

Good work... This can also mean that Pakistan Army soliders might be using tablets to see realtime UAV footages/ maps and their own GPS locations etc in the battlefield.

Love the name Takhti ....

i think it is commerical product

[--Leo--];3046685 said:
i think it is commerical product

Thats what i am saying.... They must be producing it for army and now chose to go for commercial version.

Hi guys,

Im in the uk, how would we buy any of these products

What is the market and sales progress of these commercial products, i wanted to have these product to support pac but in abroad is not available

They may know how to make them; but they certainly DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SELL THEM!! This product will fizzle out owing to the lack of any real-time marketing strategy!!!! PAC Kamra is going through sever energy crisis whereby all of its installed machines hardly work for a few hours let along round-the-clock. They can hardly respond to completing tasking for JF-17 components let along try to develop a tablet as well!!! The 'seed' of this project is ill-planned and hence the fruit of the tree will not be around for long!!

Pakistan military introduces new Android tablet

By Web Desk
Published: June 12, 2012

392527-takhti-1339497843-407-640x480.jpg

PAC Kamra is now offering Takhti 7, an android tabled-computer

PAKISTAN: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra, a unit of Pakistan military, is set to launch Takhti 7, an android tabled-computer, reported ProPakistani on Tuesday. The first three products produced by PAC are a computing tablet (PAC Pad1), a notebook (PAC nbook 1) and an eBook reader (PAC eBook1).

The PAC Kamra, whose self-described mission is “to produce and support weapon systems for a high state of operational readiness of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF)” has partnered with a Chinese company Innavtek International to produce Takhti 7, a better form of PAC Pad1.

The report said that Takhti 7, priced at Rs15,500, has an enhanced hardware with a double RAM and better ARM Cortex-A8 processor, and also boasts of a 7-inch capacitive screen and improved battery time. It also uses Android Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Android Gingerbread used by the PAC Pad1.

However, PAC is still struggling with its sales network. Earlier a PAC official told The Express Tribune that the products were initially being marketed in Rawalpindi, but modalities needed to be finalised so it could expand to other cities including Lahore and Karachi.

“We will get in touch with courier companies to see if we can reach a deal to transport them,” he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABa3qbXD51k&feature=player_embedded

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Takhti-7.

I think they could do a better job in making a name.

Not bad, seems like the IT department of PAC is doing a great job making such projects. Trying to make a market and earn profit. The prices are lower than iPad and similar, which can be a breakthrough. Though the youngsters today would prefer to use a tablet of recognized company such as Apple, Samsung or BlackBerry for egoistic reasons.

I think the engineers need to develop Operating Systems for tablets and phones like the Android or iOS. If successful, would give it a market worth Billion dollars! And it is not that the engineer lack the capability, they have designed operating systems earlier and are experts in C++. Operating Systems are more in demand and sophisticated, which would give an easy market such as Nokia (they are in search of OS). I'll try to delegate my words to them.

Pakistan military introduces new Android tablet

By Web Desk
Published: June 12, 2012

392527-takhti-1339497843-407-640x480.jpg

PAC Kamra is now offering Takhti 7, an android tabled-computer

PAKISTAN: Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra, a unit of Pakistan military, is set to launch Takhti 7, an android tabled-computer, reported ProPakistani on Tuesday. The first three products produced by PAC are a computing tablet (PAC Pad1), a notebook (PAC nbook 1) and an eBook reader (PAC eBook1).

The PAC Kamra, whose self-described mission is “to produce and support weapon systems for a high state of operational readiness of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF)” has partnered with a Chinese company Innavtek International to produce Takhti 7, a better form of PAC Pad1.

The report said that Takhti 7, priced at Rs15,500, has an enhanced hardware with a double RAM and better ARM Cortex-A8 processor, and also boasts of a 7-inch capacitive screen and improved battery time. It also uses Android Ice Cream Sandwich instead of Android Gingerbread used by the PAC Pad1.

However, PAC is still struggling with its sales network. Earlier a PAC official told The Express Tribune that the products were initially being marketed in Rawalpindi, but modalities needed to be finalised so it could expand to other cities including Lahore and Karachi.

“We will get in touch with courier companies to see if we can reach a deal to transport them,” he said.

PAC PAD -- Takhti 7 - A new launch by PAC & INNAVTEK - YouTube

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Like I said; DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SELL!!!!!! Apple, Samsung have multi-billion dollar budgets for marketing campaigns and PAC is struggling to pay its electricity bill!! Let us be real here; THIS IS NOT THE JOB OF PAKISTAN AERONAUTICAL COMPLEX!!!! They should concentrate on building fighter aircraft!!!

Lol... "Takhti 7" wierd name...
Shut up, be proud they're using an urdu name - it's better than acting liek a wannabe something else

this is awesome, specs are comparable to the iPad 2 and blow the original iPad to shreds. Even has ICS. But no dual-core or quadcore :((((
But marketing is everything, it's only because of marketing Apple even exists, otherwise if it was about raw performance samsung and the others would have made apple bankrupt long ago.
You know what would be amazing, launching it as the first hex-core tablet in the world!

Like I said; DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SELL!!!!!! Apple, Samsung have multi-billion dollar budgets for marketing campaigns and PAC is struggling to pay its electricity bill!! Let us be real here; THIS IS NOT THE JOB OF PAKISTAN AERONAUTICAL COMPLEX!!!! They should concentrate on building fighter aircraft!!!
Yes, it isn't they're job, it's the job of whining sorry ***** like you. In a perfect scenario people would be doing this, and PAC running from taxes, but unfortunately we are only good at burning stuff and complaining.

Please mind the language
any more name calling and use of vulgar language will result in infractions and Ban

contribute in a civilized manner or just dont bother

thanks for your understanding

here are the specs:
Pac-Pad-Table.jpg

anyone here using PAC Pad 1? how is it?
may be this will give us an idea! if any one can guide if its good, i am interested to buy?

ANY USERS here?
:lol:

Who'd buy a tablet which runs gingerbread on 1 ghz ARM 11 with 256 MB RAM? :|

Back
Top Bottom