What's new

Owner of Popular Afghan Restaurant in Canada Bamyan Kabob Racist attack on Pakistanis!

Some f the comments posted on Google for the restaurant. It seems there is a pattern here.

2 months ago:

"terrible customer service. the owner is rude and doesn't know how to talk without temper which shows how the business is run. During COVID times you would think they would treat customers nice but clearly they don't care. Owner should try anger management classes."

6 months ago:

"I Always found this place to be with Lovely service lovely staff lovely food BUT OUR EXPERIENCE THIS TIME WAS RIDICULOUS. THE PERSON WHO I THINK IS THE OWNER (BY HIS ATTITUDE) ASSUMED THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HIM AND HE REFUSED TO SERVE A LOYAL CUSTOMER AS WELL AS ASKED US TO GET OUT OF HIS BUSINESS USING FOUL LANGUANGE. IF HE IS THE OWNER I FEEL PITY ON HIS BUSINESS. RUDE AS HELL. THREATNING AND PASSING IRRELEVANT COMMENTS TOWARDS SOMEONES RACE. HAD TO CHANGE MY RATING FROM 5 STAR TO 1."

A year ago:

"I ordered kebab in wrap at this restaurant. The guy who told me that he is the owner of the restaurant, attempted to prepare the wrap without wearing gloves after he served other customers in cashier and cleaned the bench with a paper towel. He didn't wash his hands. When I asked him to wear on gloves, he responded very rudely and argued with me for 15 minutes. He is very rude and liar. He told me that he washed his hands, but he didn't. Other customers witnessed too. Never go this place. I strongly prefer to give any stars for it."

10 months ago:

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I had been ordering online until one day I had to talk to them and then I realized how pathetic they were! They sent me something different than what I had ordered even though the order clearly indicated the dish name. What they sent me was also few dollars less. When I called to inquire, the guy I talked to was extremely rude! Instead of paying attention to what was ordered, he just assumed that I wanted something different. No sorry/apology. He was confrontational from the very beginning. Of course there was no refund of the extra dollars I had paid. When I asked about it, he was bothered by it and said that those few extra dollars were not a big deal (basically he had hoped I wouldn't care/ask). When I asked that he should not make an assumption on an order next time, he got angry and said that I should not order food from them next time. WOW! I asked if he really meant that and he goes YES dont order from here anymore. Never ever in my life have I come across such customer service!"

Something common in all of these comments and this incident? "Owner being rude" and "confrontational". There is nothing a customer can do for which the co-owner has to be racist and use a knife. PERIOD!

I have visited Bamyan restaurant in Markham GTA, thier Chapali kababs are good, I suppose this incident has put a dent on thier reputation.

Last edited:
Chal oye ja. Apna ad hominem ghussa le peche. Khabees.
lol

I like you guys, honestly.. just wish there was room for talking sometime without the personal s#it slinging on this forum, like it used to be.

Cannot paint the entire nation just cuz of one animal.

It is not one person bro. This sentiment is very widespread among Afghans. Let's get one thing straight. Afghans have never accepted Pakistan. We have territorial disputes with Afghanistan. The Afghans don't recognise the Durand Line and claim a large chunk of Pak territory. Afghan hostility against Pakistan is nothing new. If some people are today outraged and surprised they shouldn't be. Afghan hatred against Pakistan goes way back.

The Pakistani Pashtun community have lived for decades among Afghans in KP. We know the Afghan mindset inside out. When an Afghan speaks we know where he is coming from. Believe me, the Pak Pashtun community is sick and tired of Afghans. They live among us and hate our nation. If not all, many do. The Afghans raise their flag in the middle of Pakistani cities to disrespect Pakistan. Are we shocked by this individual behaving in such a despicable way? Not in the least. We see such behaviour every day on our streets.

Last edited:
It's kind of sad how all you guys are good for is ad hominem attacks, never a normal discussion.

I'm not sure if it is legal or not in India (prob is), you cannot, as a business owner, say racially/ethnically charged stuff and tell a person to leave. If caught on camera then a person can legally file a lawsuit for discrimination. However, if he told her to leave without saying the racially charged stuff, then no problem.

Western Rules 101

Deleted my previous comment as a) I have more info on the subject and b) I got this restaurant confused with another similarly named restaurant.

This restaurant has two owners. The one seen in the video has been barred by the other owner from entering the restaurant, and the other owner is now seeking to buy the entire restaurant.

Also, the people sending death threats, if you're somehow reading this, then stop it. You're hurting the Pakistani community, not helping it.

[Edit]: checking the reviews, it seems that the quality of the food is really good. The problem seems to be from one of the two owners, who's had a number of complaints against him over a long period of time. This is apparently the final straw, as the owner is now banned from entering the restaurant by the other owner, who has since apologized and tends to make amends.

Last edited:
Deleted my previous comment as a) I have more info on the subject and b) I got this restaurant confused with another similarly named restaurant.

This restaurant has two owners. The one seen in the video has been barred by the other owner from entering the restaurant, and the other owner is now seeking to buy the entire restaurant.

Also, the people sending death threats, if you're somehow reading this, then stop it. You're hurting the Pakistani community, not helping it.

Good stuff, and also totally agree with death threats.

Back
Top Bottom