What's new

Overseas Pakistanis Can Now Be Arrested For ‘Anti State’ Social Media Remarks

There are agreements as per the entry and exit of nationals on the international level on top of how visa issuances are done. However, local laws will apply; even the American embassy says so on its website: Arrest of a U.S. Citizen - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in Pakistan (usembassy.gov)

Freedom of speech, being international law, means nothing.

** Breaking visa rules with illegal entry is one thing; expressing your opinion about the Pakistan government and thinking a visa will protect you is a fallacy.

I have already discussed this with one of the top law firms in the U.S. and other legal experts. You can take them to international court, and nothing will happen.

This is correct. Only thing Pak visa will do is provide more $$$ to the establishment as visa fees are higher.

Brit/US consulate has limited power if arrested in Pak. I doubt that you will even be able to call the consulate from jail.

So that malignant cancer - Asim Munir is now behaving like hitler. Bravo, do your worse, but remember when Allah's punishment rains down upon you, no amount of wealth, weapons or guns will protect you.

Traitor!!

Op

Open bin lid
Throw ID card in bin
Close bin lid….

There should be a test case in the international court. IK started it, but him being the lobotomous بونگا ended the case before it could start.
What IK forgets is that it's not just about him. It's about the lack of justice in Pakistan and the 11000 innocent people still rotting in prisons without trial or evidence of wrong doing.
Who will give them justice?

About us ethnic Pakistanis with foreign nationality,we are giving up on Pakistan more and more.
Just until 2 years ago, I used to go to Pakistan annually and spend average of 10k pounds in my few weeks visit in tourism , hotels, restaurants, car hire and such.
In essence we are the biggest source of foreign tourism in Pakistan.
But PDM and Asim Munir have successfully scared us away. No plans on visiting Pakistan . Instead will spend money and time on exposing Pakistan and military on social media.
Easy to say but some of us are addicted
Second gen.. well that's a different story

Back
Top Bottom