What's new

Over 60% of ‘Made In India’ IAF Tejas Grounded

THE THREAD is FAKE news

Tejas 60% grouded we only have 24 planes at present

that 15 planes grounded WHY ................the engines are USA general electric and world class

There is no evidence THREAD is wrong data needs correcting to 90% avialability to Tejas

They say Israeli soldiers don't know how to march yet they are considered as the best fighting machine around.....
I just congratulated on completion of looop ..i think its great.

JF has scored an air to air kill and has successfully engaged ground targets, which to any observer is much more important than seeing it perform a loop'
And sure JF has scored the imaginary kill..rofl. You can feed this stories to gullible newbies in pdf..

No dear, since JF is a joint venture, the Chinese weren't keen either to attend the small time show and PAF wasn't going to fund it alone so whatever else you heard was just hear say. Malaysia actually wanted for PAF/PAC to send couple of JF for evaluation....not sure what transpired.
Dear - you can twist however you like. You guys confirmed bahrain air show. It was planned out and at the last minute you guys backed out after paying a very hefty fine. That is the truth. Rest as the organizers say - Tejas participation made PAF back out. I can say lot of other things that i heard from organizers which will not go down well in this forum. As for Malaysia - i was hoping again JF would turn up but was disappointed.

PAF budget is constrained, the IAF spends a hefty amount to celebrate Airforce day where as PAF has amalgamated it with defence day. In the past the IAF did participate in Chinese air show but now it seems to stay away.
Lets do basics - Airforce day = preplanned and budgeted activity. Participation in air show = considered beauty contests (appalling attitude but its truth) and requires bureaucratic approvals. Unlike PAK where armed forces call shots - thats not the case in India.
THE THREAD is FAKE news

that 15 planes grounded WHY ................the engines are USA general electric and world class

There is no evidence THREAD is wrong data needs correcting to 90% avialability to Tejas

When has truth ever been considered in PDF ? Most of the posters here think PAK army sits close to siachen glacier - rofl. Entire PAK state runs on a controlled narrative !

I just congratulated on completion of looop ..i think its great.

I will congratulate you once Tejas stops using full stretch of the runway before being able to pull up.

And sure JF has scored the imaginary kill..rofl. You can feed this stories to gullible newbies in pdf..
Just because we didn't make a song and dance about it like when an IAF SU-30 shot down some weather balloon, the fact is that a JF from No 2 unit shot down an Iranian S-129 UCAV on 18.6.17 at around 3.00 am.

Dear - you can twist however you like. You guys confirmed bahrain air show. It was planned out and at the last minute you guys backed out after paying a very hefty fine. That is the truth. Rest as the organizers say - Tejas participation made PAF back out. I can say lot of other things that i heard from organizers which will not go down well in this forum. As for Malaysia - i was hoping again JF would turn up but was disappointed.
You believe as you wish but i can assure you it had nothing to do with Tejas. Now if you were neutral and since you have witnessed Tejas display and I'm sure you would have seen JF perform as well, now in your honest opinion which came out better hence Tejas doesn't present any challenge to JF-17.
Lets do basics - Airforce day = preplanned and budgeted activity. Participation in air show = considered beauty contests (appalling attitude but its truth) and requires bureaucratic approvals. Unlike PAK where armed forces call shots - thats not the case in India.
If that was the case, PAF still wouldn't be stuck with 50s era Mirages and a friendly reminder that snow white is not exactly an Indian fairy story.

When has truth ever been considered in PDF ? Most of the posters here think PAK army sits close to siachen glacier - rofl. Entire PAK state runs on a controlled narrative !
Forget about PDF community, the entire India was convinced of a civil war in Karachi, hell even your soldiers sent to fight in Kargil took 5 Rupee coins for Taxi fare .
But then you guys have earned another distinction and it has nothing to do with BBC.

What a joke ! Heres a fact - if you dont fly you dont crash ! PAF hardly flies - infact after last feb when the sortie rates became too high it lost a slew of aircraft to crashes.
Russian trained airforce...lol... Your thought process amazes me. Basically because you are american trained air force - we can never be put down. What kind of logic is this ? Anyways all the best if thats the way you think

Indian pilot flies less than 120 hours...lol. You seriously are a joke. Heres a tip - go to youtube and listen to fighter podcasts. These are done by American fighter pilots. Listen to their interviews of Bundle Tyagi and Harish Masand. Man you guys are fed so much propoganda - that you start believing in the lies that you see.

Nope i am just congratulating on successful completion of Loop. JF has come of age.

You can say whatever windy - PAF paid heavy fine. I wonder what kind of organization pays fine to backout. All the bahrain organizers tacitly admitted that the backout happened after Tejas participation. Anyways i am hoping that we do see head to head. Did not happen in Malaysia - i was hoping for it. I remember visiting Typhoon, seeing F22 , if i recollect - russians were also there.

Dont confuse between backing out of a participation versus not signing up for participation. Not signing up for participation is pure function of budget. Unlike PAK here the budget is controlled by government. But more airshows will be signed up for sure. Infact in 2022 post pandemic - participation will increase !

Ok I checked Indian pilots on average fly 77 flying hours per year to keep profeciecey rating in the IAF . The PAF requires 180hrs to 240 hrs depending on aircraft to maintain. Proficiency. in Pakistan the army flies its own aircraft including cobras so My dad who was in army aviation required 60-80 hours: year to maintain proficiency. I don’t know navy pilots flying hours. If you are bellow these hours one does not get flying pay this about 50% of base pay and requires a waver. If you feel this number is inaccurate please provide evidence.

By being trained by the Americans the PAF has higher proficiency and maintenance standards. Resulting in a required 80% availability rate. My uncle won a medeal for increasing the number of the overhaul engines for f-7/ mig 21. They changed some of the components to increase the number of hours needed between overhauls. Also our mig -19 or f-6 had conformal fuel tanks to increase range. So those who think we don’t know design...... we also have wind tunnels in Kamra I have seen it. They were comparable to the wind tunnels at my university in England.

here a is a good explanation of western/ Pakistani standards as told by an Indian analyst abhijit Iyer Mitra.

listen to 15:00 minute region.

India lost 180 pilots in the last 10 years due to inferior standards, PAF did not!

K

THE THREAD is FAKE news

Yes, you are correct, we have no evidence. However, we heard similar reports from the Indian side about the PAF JF-17 fleet and while you vehemently refute such claims for the IAF Tejas, you were bashing the same drum for the JF-17?

Grounded tejas flying at recently concluded Aero India 2021

Last edited:
Ok I checked Indian pilots on average fly 77 flying hours per year to keep profeciecey rating in the IAF . The PAF requires 180hrs to 240 hrs depending on aircraft to maintain. Proficiency. in Pakistan the army flies its own aircraft including cobras so My dad who was in army aviation required 60-80 hours: year to maintain proficiency. I don’t know navy pilots flying hours. If you are bellow these hours one does not get flying pay this about 50% of base pay and requires a waver. If you feel this number is inaccurate please provide evidence.

By being trained by the Americans the PAF has higher proficiency and maintenance standards. Resulting in a required 80% availability rate. My uncle won a medeal for increasing the number of the overhaul engines for f-7/ mig 21. They changed some of the components to increase the number of hours needed between overhauls. Also our mig -19 or f-6 had conformal fuel tanks to increase range. So those who think we don’t know design...... we also have wind tunnels in Kamra I have seen it. They were comparable to the wind tunnels at my university in England.

here a is a good explanation of western/ Pakistani standards as told by an Indian analyst abhijit Iyer Mitra.

listen to 15:00 minute region.

India lost 180 pilots in the last 10 years due to inferior standards, PAF did not!

K
IAF pilots fly around 200 to 220 hours/year and 300 hours/ year for large aircrafts like c17s.

Abhijit Iyer Mitra is a food vlogger who often comments on defence matters but fails miserably.....No one takes him seriously in india.

Here is a clip from the same video of him saying that Su30 jammers jams its own radar making it blind...:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

IAF pilots fly around 200 to 220 hours/year and 300 hours/ year for large aircrafts like c17s.

Abhijit Iyer Mitra is a food vlogger who often comments on defence matters but fails miserably.....No one takes him seriously in india.

Here is a clip from the same video of him saying that Su30 jammers jams its own radar making it blind...:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

a lot of Indian analysts say the same thing that su-30s jam their own radars. Also the hmd’s burn up, the system does not have sensor fusion...... abhijit is invited to all right wing thinking events........so why do you feel he is not heard?

can you please provide link to how many hours IAF pilots fly ?

k

a lot of Indian analysts say the same thing that su-30s jam their own radars. Also the hmd’s burn up, the system does not have sensor fusion...... abhijit is invited to all right wing thinking events........so why do you feel he is not heard?

can you please provide link to how many hours IAF pilots fly ?

k

Btw paf f16 availability is much lower. USAF who has first availability of spares and the largest f16 fleet maintains 70%. To think paF can maintain more than any nato countries even during the cold war is absurd. There is a good reason why countries like pakistan dont have an independent auditors.

Btw paf f16 availability is much lower. USAF who has first availability of spares and the largest f16 fleet maintains 70%. To think paF can maintain more than any nato countries even during the cold war is absurd. There is a good reason why countries like pakistan dont have an independent auditors.
And your source is .......

I understand that the concept of a professional air force alludes the Incompetent Air Force (IAF) of India. but PAF and other NATO air forces keeps its aircrafts at 80% availability the worse was during kargil where we went down to 70% due to 24 hour caps and would have required us to open up the war reserve ( excripts from an Air Vice Marshal’s book) we still sourced parts from Jordan’s and Turkey.

- see we fly more than the IAF
- We have more bombing / target sites
- We have both high altitude and low altiude heavy armament test ranges
- We have a higher pilot ratio of 2.5-3 per aircraft
- in recent days simulator hours for our pilots and yours are similar since we invested in JF-17 simulators, not sure about mirage and f-16. I do know the navy has an amazing simulator school in Karachi to practice naval battles.
- our pilots are predominantly from the upper middle class or upper class segments of our society while your are from the lower middle class to lower class of society, since the best of India go to Indian civil service or the much bigger commercial segment due to the larger size of the economy and the absence of a feudal class. ( who knew the feudal system had some advantages)

- there is a psychological difference as well. West India or now large parts of Pakistan throughout history was home to the martial races of India coupled that with Muslims being more militaristic in our beliefs, creates a different priority as a nation. In comparison India and Indians are business men and traders. Gujarat is all about trade, less about fighting, same is true about up, Bihar , southern India and except for some rajputs and Sikhs in Punjab . This creates a different focus kids want to become business men not soldiers.

when India had a semblance of secularism people believed in the greater good now it’s all bigoted and India has changed
There is a weird banya pan in the Indian military, use more soldiers than heavy equipment as things like artillery shells cost money , soldiers are treated as slaves by the officers. There is a cast system in the Indian military this then begins to effect moral. I have seen this change over my life time a change in Indian military and the India as a nation.

So as I say great modi has successfully fully destroyed India from within .

k

And your source is .......

I understand that the concept of a professional air force alludes the Incompetent Air Force (IAF) of India. but PAF and other NATO air forces keeps its aircrafts at 80% availability the worse was during kargil where we went down to 70% due to 24 hour caps and would have required us to open up the war reserve ( excripts from an Air Vice Marshal’s book) we still sourced parts from Jordan’s and Turkey.

- see we fly more than the IAF
- We have more bombing / target sites
- We have both high altitude and low altiude heavy armament test ranges
- We have a higher pilot ratio of 2.5-3 per aircraft
- in recent days simulator hours for our pilots and yours are similar since we invested in JF-17 simulators, not sure about mirage and f-16. I do know the navy has an amazing simulator school in Karachi to practice naval battles.
- our pilots are predominantly from the upper middle class or upper class segments of our society while your are from the lower middle class to lower class of society, since the best of India go to Indian civil service or the much bigger commercial segment due to the larger size of the economy and the absence of a feudal class. ( who knew the feudal system had some advantages)

- there is a psychological difference as well. West India or now large parts of Pakistan throughout history was home to the martial races of India coupled that with Muslims being more militaristic in our beliefs, creates a different priority as a nation. In comparison India and Indians are business men and traders. Gujarat is all about trade, less about fighting, same is true about up, Bihar , southern India and except for some rajputs and Sikhs in Punjab . This creates a different focus kids want to become business men not soldiers.

when India had a semblance of secularism people believed in the greater good now it’s all bigoted and India has changed
There is a weird banya pan in the Indian military, use more soldiers than heavy equipment as things like artillery shells cost money , soldiers are treated as slaves by the officers. There is a cast system in the Indian military this then begins to effect moral. I have seen this change over my life time a change in Indian military and the India as a nation.

So as I say great modi has successfully fully destroyed India from within .

k

Don't blabber crap I don't read it anyway. Keep it short stick to the point.

PAF and other NATO air forces keeps its aircrafts at 80% availability the worse was during kargil where we went down to 70% due to 24 hour caps and would have required us to open up the war reserve ( excripts from an Air Vice Marshal’s book) we still sourced parts from Jordan’s and Turkey.

lol

"The F-16 mission-capable rate grew modestly, with the F-16C increasing from 70 percent in FY18 to 73 percent in FY19. The F-16D’s mission-capable rate rose from 66 percent to 70 percent over that time period."

Sure Pakistan is mightier than the Americans who built the fcuking Jet and can maintain 70 front-line jets at 80% with only an 8 billion annual budget for its entire military. Only possible if you close entire airspace and never fly them as you did recently, then you can even claim 100% availability.

Go home don't bother replying, I'm done here.

Don't blabber crap I don't read it anyway. Keep it short stick to the point.

lol

"The F-16 mission-capable rate grew modestly, with the F-16C increasing from 70 percent in FY18 to 73 percent in FY19. The F-16D’s mission-capable rate rose from 66 percent to 70 percent over that time period."

Sure Pakistan is mightier than the Americans who built the fcuking Jet and can maintain 70 front-line jets at 80% with only an 8 billion annual budget for its entire military. Only possible if you close entire airspace and never fly them as you did recently, then you can even claim 100% availability.

Go home don't bother replying, I'm done here.

see dude 200 pilots in our air force have not died, we fly the same aircraft mirages, mig-21/f-7 , jf-17 and f-16s. We buy our spares from all over the world ( see a lot of folks make f-16 parts)

it’s just hard for you admit that your Air Force is incompetent. It will remain incompetent because of people like you. We know our weaknesses and we spend money to improve it. We also develope our own technology to maintain our own aircraft. See we fly mirages from the 60s, 70s and 80s yet we have less crashes than your entire air force in a year. Our iteration rates are better than the USAF.

so yes our budget is 9 billion but we build our own jets and maintain them ourselves. We don’t have to wait for Russia papa Jee to supply our parts. This is why Pakistan has a professional air force and India has an incompetent Air Force.

I suggest you do some research on this forum and you will find documents and interviews of Indian air force chiefs agreeing with me

also what passport do you hold American or Indian?
If it’s American than Pakistan thanks the American tax payer for paying us to kill these Indians. Please pay more MR Biden and we will end this Indian problem you have
k

Last edited:
I will congratulate you once Tejas stops using full stretch of the runway before being able to pull up.
It was a honest comment windy - that loop was truly great for JF :)

You believe as you wish but i can assure you it had nothing to do with Tejas. Now if you were neutral and since you have witnessed Tejas display and I'm sure you would have seen JF perform as well, now in your honest opinion which came out better hence Tejas doesn't present any challenge to JF-17.
I am not neutral - am i and neither are you. So what is the point.

If that was the case, PAF still wouldn't be stuck with 50s era Mirages and a friendly reminder that snow white is not exactly an Indian fairy story.
Economy and managing economy is not PAKs strength. And also coz funds are obviously usurped by army - isnt it. It controls everything. Since when has PA ever taken its sister services along. PAF and PN (horrible treatment) is considered as after thought. Nosy haider , kargil reports how PAF was kept in loop. However that been said - PAF does play important for public perception

But then you guys have earned another distinction and it has nothing to do with BBC.
Just learning from better players and paying back in the same coin. I suppose in statecraft these are valid strategies. What has this got to do with public perception ? Park armed forces main objective is to manage public perception - thats amply clear. Fauji inc has lot to looose.

Back
Top Bottom