What's new

Over 40pc Pak textile units relocate to Bangladesh

40% relocated is way over exaggerated. Even BOI stats of Pakistani investment in Bangladesh will not support that stat. Perhaps, someone can pull that stat. But with 14% inflation, over 16% interest rate and electricity price already increased 3 times last year and currently shutdown for 12 hours a day - one can be surprise if these textile setup start moving back in Pakistan.

But while Pakistani investors are there perhaps cotton from Pakistan can help fill out increasing needs. In long term there are great opportunity for Bangladesh and Pakistan to cooperate to dominate textile market of the world.

Well done Bangladesh.

All of south asia needs big manufacturing industries that can employ maximum number of citizens, so that poverty is reduced.

More than 1/3 of all textile industry in Faisalabad has been closed making 4 lakh people unemployed because of power crisis.

Actually what is happening in Pakistan(specifically Punjab) that PPP idiots think Punjab as stronghold of PML-N & therefore they don't wish to see any developments etc in that region. I'm from Karachi & all our relatives in Karachi tells us that there is electricity crises in Karachi but not too much. It happens twice in a day & each time for 2 hours. Same in rest of Pakistan excluding Punjab.

Also i saw one program where they say that if govt pay circular debt than immidiately there will be power generation of 3000mega watt which will reduce this loadshedding almost 65-70%.

So this is all about stupid politics of Pakistan & debt payments.

Bang them et all... good show Bang La Desh !!!! Kudos to your success. But don't send your public to India. Give them empoyement in your lands not as infiltrators to India.

I will say a smart move by those businessmen. They could try to get some plots in EPZ areas. And most importantly they shouldn't try to rely 100% on national grid for electricity.
Bangladesh has a huge population, so I would say any labor intensive industries have great potentials.

So, this would probably have a greater impact on Pakistani exports to the US/EU than unilateral US restrictions on preferential trade from Pakistan, which is dominated by textiles.

Bangladesh growth is lie... Either your government is lying about it, or some people are just really stupid. A high inflation rate of 10.7% would not correspond with a GDP growth of 6.7%. Rather, most companies would be leaving Bangladesh.

On the contrary a higher GDP growth corresponds to higher inflation,
so sometime a stable GDP growth is prefereble if a countries economy isn't
developed or uniform enough.

Pakistan is exporting cheap labor low-skilled jobs to Bangladesh. Doesn't take a degree nor much of a brain to work in textile industry.

Actually what is happening in Pakistan(specifically Punjab) that PPP idiots think Punjab as stronghold of PML-N & therefore they don't wish to see any developments etc in that region. I'm from Karachi & all our relatives in Karachi tells us that there is electricity crises in Karachi but not too much. It happens twice in a day & each time for 2 hours. Same in rest of Pakistan excluding Punjab.

Also i saw one program where they say that if govt pay circular debt than immidiately there will be power generation of 3000mega watt which will reduce this loadshedding almost 65-70%.

So this is all about stupid politics of Pakistan & debt payments.

Exactly! Thats why you're only seeing protests in Punjab and no where else in Pakistan.

Apparently load shedding in Karachi isn't too bad ( at least not yet)

Bangladesh growth is lie... Either your government is lying about it, or some people are just really stupid. A high inflation rate of 10.7% would not correspond with a GDP growth of 6.7%. Rather, most companies would be leaving Bangladesh.

"I wish to ignore the illness in me
Only to see others burn with glee
Oh no!! the fire has become fiery
Its my ignorance & false pride that made it awry !!"
-Rishisankaran

“Pride must die in you, or nothing of heaven can live in you.”
― Andrew Murray

To see what it is without any prejudice or false pride takes a lot of courage and humility. Wish we all had some to make us feel humble when the other defeats us in a world where progression is the only survival mantra.

Back
Top Bottom