What's new

Featured Over 4000 Indian Paramilitary Personnel Killed Between 2017 and 2019

CRPF, The Central Reserve POLICE force active on the LOC?! This is news to me.

Are you sure you're not part of the Indian establishment? Because you sure seem to be deploying our forces based on your whims.
Care to furnish any evidence?

And yes, Im aware the IA casualties are separate to this, hence I was keen to know why you would think that most of these deaths were Indo-Pak LOC specific.
Well my dear, I'm not going to spoon feed you all but claims by Indian media of CRPF encountering millitants on LOC is not unheard of....so one naturally assumes the said force to be present on LOC.

''A terrorist was killed as the Army foiled an infiltration bid by a group of terrorists along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday (July 1) morning. ... According to reports, one CRPF personnel died while three got injured after the terrorists opened fire at them.''

4,132 Paramilitary Personnel Died Between 2017 and 2019, MHA Informs Lok Sabha

• PTI NEW DELHI
  • LAST UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 15, 2020, 6:26 PM IST
View attachment 670095

A Total of 4,132 paramilitary personnel died during duty between 2017 and 2019, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday. Union Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai said the deaths include gazetted officers, subordinate officers and other ranks.

The highest number of personnel who died during their service period belonged to the CRPF (1,597), followed by 725 of the BSF, 671 of the CISF, 429 of the ITBP, 329 of the SSB and 381 of the Assam Rifles, he said replying to a written question.

By conservative estimates, that breaks down to over 100 casualties every month, when did the Indian army or Indian MOD ever disclosed such figures during this period.
Dang the Indians are dropping like rabbits :enjoy:

Well my dear, I'm not going to spoon feed you all but claims by Indian media of CRPF encountering millitants on LOC is not unheard of....so one naturally assumes the said force to be present on LOC.

''A terrorist was killed as the Army foiled an infiltration bid by a group of terrorists along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday (July 1) morning. ... According to reports, one CRPF personnel died while three got injured after the terrorists opened fire at them.''

Thanks. Link if possible so I can give context to the story and find other articles that describe this incidence.

Thanks. Link if possible so I can give context to the story and find other articles that describe this incidence.

Here are some more details on CRPF and border activities....

"As a part of this exercise, it has also been decided that CRPF will be the major Force which would be dealing with counter insurgency or internal security operations all over the country."

Until recently, India's main border issues and clashes have been with Pakistan so no doubt most of these casualties were inflicted by Pakistan Army and Rangers .
Yep, our boys, payback with interest.

Goes to show how much of a difference MSM makes. In Pakistan, such casualties would be headlines news every single time. On the one hand, I'm glad that we respect our fallen/shaheed --- on the other, we have an overblown sense of violence in our country VS. our neighbor.

Yes indeed apart from BSF, CRPF are also active on LOC.
And talking of refreshers...it's prudent to add that Indian regular army casualties are in addition to these figures.
CRPF is not employed on LOC but yes they are deployed in kashmir in large numbers, pulwama blast also targtd CRPF convoy. they are the most widely used paramilitary against internal threats in india. a large chunk of their casualities comes from Kashmir.

CRPF is not employed on LOC but yes they are deployed in kashmir in large numbers, pulwama blast also targtd CRPF convoy. they are the most widely used paramilitary against internal threats in india. a large chunk of their casualities comes from Kashmir.
The question is not which Indian military or paramilitary force is deployed where, whether it's on LOC, LAC, Streets of Srinagar or Red Corridor, the fact remains that if you stretch the overall casualty figure over the mentioned period of (2017 - 2019) it breaks down to an average of 115 deaths every month....when was the last time the Indian MOD disclosed such figures during any given period.
Seems this is now the practice by Indian establishment.....release the figures once the water is under the bridge.

The question is not which Indian military or paramilitary force is deployed where, whether it's on LOC, LAC, Streets of Srinagar or Red Corridor, the fact remains that if you stretch the overall casualty figure over the mentioned period of (2017 - 2019) it breaks down to an average of 115 deaths every month....when was the last time the Indian MOD disclosed such figures during any given period.
Seems this is now the practice by Indian establishment.....release the figures once the water is under the bridge.

I am not sure, but something seems to be wrong in the numbers provided. In a previous disclosure in parliament, the Min of State of Home said 316 paramilitary were killed from 2014-2018.

You cannot have such a huge jump. Either the numbers provided in 2019 were wrong (or incorrectly recorded/attributed) or it was these numbers.

I am not sure, but something seems to be wrong in the numbers provided. In a previous disclosure in parliament, the Min of State of Home said 316 paramilitary were killed from 2014-2018.

You cannot have such a huge jump. Either the numbers provided in 2019 were wrong (or incorrectly recorded/attributed) or it was these numbers.
Difference between killed and died. You can die of natural causes like diseases, etc . The minister in the previous figures, 316 , refers to killed .

Difference between killed and died. You can die of natural causes like diseases, etc . The minister in the previous figures, 316 , refers to killed .

That is what I thought. A different criteria was being used for both reports to record deaths.

So many Indian paramilitary guys are dying because of diseases :( :(

Yeh paramilitary hai ya civil hospital???

So many Indian paramilitary guys are dying because of diseases :( :(

Yeh paramilitary hai ya civil hospital???

For comparison purpose - India's death rate is around 8 per 1000 (2018). Correlating the same with the paramilitary is around 2 per 1000. Obviously the paramilitary does not include any old people.

CRPF, The Central Reserve POLICE force active on the LOC?! This is news to me.

Are you sure you're not part of the Indian establishment? Because you sure seem to be deploying our forces based on your whims.
Care to furnish any evidence?

And yes, Im aware the IA casualties are separate to this, hence I was keen to know why you would think that most of these deaths were Indo-Pak LOC specific.
Should have been obvious as cisf , central industrial security force, has 671 dead . Unless our industries are under a secretive attack in which so many were killed , it has to be deaths by all causes.
For comparison, the uk has 45 deaths per 100000 in its armed forces , with no active conflicts. Indian central forces, excluding the armed forces, are around 1000000.

Back
Top Bottom