What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back - Pakistan Army

I was a brilliant student through out my academic career. When I completed my education in Pakistan, I decided to go USA for my further studies. I did my masters in Economic Policy - from University of Boston, USA. One of the best university in the world.

After my completion of degree from Boston University, there were many amazing job opportunities for me in states but I decided to move back.

After landing in Pakistan, the picture was very clear in my mind. I appeared in one of the toughest exam in Pakistan, Yeah!

It was not CSS. It was exam of selection in ISI.

I was lucky enough that I got selected in ISI as an Assistant Director. Very few people close to me only knew this was my dream even despite getting education from USA, I never stepped back from my dream.

I served my country for few years and I was promoted to Deputy Director rank. I was one of the finest agent of ISI, atleast my mates and my institution used to say this. I operated many undercover operations. Fought at many toughest intelligence level operations.

One day in Nushki, Balochistan, I got martyred! Many of you would never know my name, my classified work and my services. I am not here to ask all of you to praise me or salute. I just want to take care of my motherland, Pakistan!

You would never know how many people have sacrificed their lives for Pakistan.
Meet me, I'm Deputy Director ISI Umer Sajid Shaheed.
💔

1621339489104.png

the 14ᵗʰ Punjab

in September '65, operating with the 10ᵗʰ Infantry Brigade, it took Nawan Hamirpur, during the second phase of Operation Grand Slam, and subsequently the town of Jaurian.

six years later, the battalion captured Burejal, during the tough battle for Chhamb.
20210518_204213.jpg

General Musa pins the Tamgha-e-Jurat on a wounded Signals Havaldar, at the Chhamb-Jaurian Front.

1622249396605.png

32nd Shahadat Anniversary of Brigadier Tariq Mehmood shaheed. (29th May1989)

From left to right Dr Muhammad Ali in black coat received Capt. Abdul Jalil Orakzai Shaheed "Sitara I Jurat" "SJ" and next is Brig. TM shaheed receiving "SJ" from FM Ayub 1966..

1622325269796.png

Sowar Ismail Khan - Bangash's tank gunner, who knocked out two enemy tanks before his Sherman was engulfed in flames.
He was awarded the Tamgha-e-Jurat.

1622335163538.png

Troops of the 6ᵗʰ FFR atop disabled T-54s of the Indian 18ᵗʰ Cavalry's 'B' Sqn - reduced to a tank troop due to losses in botched counterattacks.

1622335996668.png

1622336019831.png

One such tank was knocked out by Shabbir Sharif, using a 3.5" rocket launcher - lost his life to a T-54 too, while manning a RCL.

29th May martyrdom day of Brigadier Tariq Mehmood Shaheed Of SSG Pakistan Army.

Brigadier Tariq Mehmood Shaheed, most popularly known as Brigadier TM, (8 Oct 1938 - 29 May 1989), SJ (Bar), SBt, SI(M) was a legendary soldier and lethal weapon of Pakistan Army.

He was serving as the Commandant of Special Services Group, when died in an accident in 1989, due to malfunctioning of his parachute, during a free fall display at Rahwali, near Gujranwala. TM was one of the most decorated Army officers who saw SSG in two wars and various special operations. He played a father like role in Special Services Group and has left a deep legacy, even after his death.

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

Colonel (retd.) Sher Khan, 'farzand' of the late Group Captain Shah Khan, and an avid mountaineer too, having summited the peaks of Nanga Parbat and Rakaposhi.

An armoured corps officer,

He's seen here as the Commandant of the President's Bodyguard - what a mesmerizing outfit!

1622513898536.png

1622809081087.png

Gen Gul Hassan.
He lived for quite a long time till his last days in a guest room at Pindi Club. Humble yet controversial.

When he died he hardly left anything. A few very basic things including a Suzuki car.

Sepoy Wakil Shah, an Azad Kashmir Regular Force trooper who was awarded the Tamgha-e-Jurat for successfully repulsing an attack by the 7ᵗʰ Sikh Light Infantry, on the platoon locality of Chitti Batti aka Point 10944, in the Bedori sector, on 4/5ᵗʰ December 1971.

1623546431717.png

Major Rizwan Ahmed 23 Baloch

1623614404040.png

25 June 2002 Kazha Panga, Wana South Waziristan
He was killed in action in a botched raid on an Uzbek militant hideout - involving 10 SSG and 3 CIA operatives.

Major Muhammad Kazim Sitara-e-Jurat Azad Kashmir Regiment
9/10ᵗʰ December 1971 Ashuganj, East Pakistan

1624190216691.png

He was from Baltistan's Kargil, "Gurkha" .
He was educated at Mussorie and Murree.
An avid sportsman, he enjoyed singing and playing the harmonica.

Kazim was commissioned in the 10ᵗʰ Battalion of the Azad Kashmir Regular Force; deployed along the CFL at Bagh. in March 1964, the unit was sanctioned to conduct a raid on an Indian post at Sangrean; dominating the Salamabad Nullah, which led to the town of Uri.

1624190358148.png

the raid was a complete success; 50 casualties claimed inflicted for the loss of 2 men. 33 grenades were expended in the action. in recognition of his valour, Kazim was awarded with the Sitara-e-Jurat. this is a sketch of the target complex; drawn by the "Gurkha" himself.

A year later, in August 1965, he was chosen to lead elements of the Tariq Force, into his ancestral homeland of Kargil - Operation Gibraltar was on. the group was responsible for ambushes on the Srinagar-Leh road, and around Zoji La. third from left, in this rare photograph.

six years later, Kazim would be in action for the last time, as a company commander of the 12ᵗʰ Battalion of the Azad Kashmir Regular Force - deployed with the 27ᵗʰ Brigade on a delaying position at Ashuganj. his company would take the brunt of 18ᵗʰ Rajput's assault.

Back
Top Bottom