What's new

OTTOMAN ARMY IN GALLIPOLI (with a Wonderful Song and Pics) Allahu Akbar

“By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.”

Franz Kafka

'Being, belief and reason are pure relations, which cannot be dealt with absolutely, and are not things but pure scholastic concepts, signs for understanding, not for worshipping, aids to awaken our attention, not to fetter it.' - Johann Georg Hamann

'Being, belief and reason are pure relations, which cannot be dealt with absolutely, and are not things but pure scholastic concepts, signs for understanding, not for worshipping, aids to awaken our attention, not to fetter it.' - Johann Georg Hamann

I know you are trying to disagree but...

dangerously close!!! :devil: not even " concepts " but they are "words" (depressingly enough, which is just an other concept by itself ) couldn't agree more! list of nonexistent(s) is quite long...long enough that language is the only confinement for the nonexistent(s) but yet all we have!

Well, not well capable in English to feel the meaning. Ok.

1) being, It is a reality, a creation. Do i exist? Yes, i do exist in a form. Do i think now, Yes i do think. i think, i exist. Not scolastic, it is called positivism. It can be proven.

2) when you enter metaphysics without the guidance of Allah, or whatever the one calls, it leads the thinker to madness. Because in religious philosophy, the man is too small to understand everything. and The sufi has tolerance, for he knows he has limits.

Whereas in irreligious philoshopy, man has no limits, higher than any being, can undertand anything through reasoning. Then these kind of philosophers are hopeless, they ask ask ask, then they become stupid clevers. They dont know whether they know correctly or not. They are all fvcked up.

I know you are trying to disagree but...

dangerously close!!! :devil: not even " concepts " but they are "words" (depressingly enough, which is just an other concept by itself ) couldn't agree more! list of nonexistent(s) is quite long...long enough that language is the only confinement for the nonexistent(s) but yet all we have!

'Every phenomenon of nature was a word, — the sign, symbol and pledge of a new, mysterious, inexpressible but all the more intimate union, participation and community of divine energies and ideas. Everything the human being heard from the beginning, saw with its eyes, looked upon and touched with its hands was a living word; for God was the word.' - Johann Georg Hamann.

Thats the difference my friend !

P.S You'll find this interesting too - 'Hence it happens that one takes words for concepts, and concepts for the things themselves.' (the same guy !)

'Every phenomenon of nature was a word, — the sign, symbol and pledge of a new, mysterious, inexpressible but all the more intimate union, participation and community of divine energies and ideas. Everything the human being heard from the beginning, saw with its eyes, looked upon and touched with its hands was a living word; for God was the word.' - Johann Georg Hamann.

first Omar Hayyam: i studied, i learned, i know that i know nothing.

Secondly myself:
one cell bacteria sees the ant, but at the same doesnt see it.
The ant sees the human, but doesnt see it at the same time.
The human sees the Allah/God, but doesnt see It at the same time.

Thirdly Montaigne: only fools are certain and assured.

Mimar Sinan was Greek or Armenian convert. Most of the great architects were non Muslim.

Ottomans never educated Turks. Turks were threat against Ottomans. Ottomans created a devshirme army against Turks.

Mimar Sinan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Truth is bitter.

Great Historian Kadir Mısıroğlu tell..
Mimar Sinan is a Christian Peçenek Turk and a devshirme muslim..

Last edited by a moderator:

Great Historian Kadir Mısıroğlu tell..
Mimar Sinan is a Christian Peçenek Turk and a devshirme muslim..

Well, may be or may be not. I take my word back. But that doesnt make it 100% true.

Last edited by a moderator:

P.S You'll find this interesting too - 'Hence it happens that one takes words for concepts, and concepts for the things themselves.' (the same guy !)

I respect your "thoughts" and "open mindedness" but instead of "immaculate origin" guess I am gonna try my chance with derrida's deconstruction

I respect your "thoughts" and "open mindedness" but instead of "immaculate origin" guess I am gonna try my chance with derrida's deconstruction

I opened up my first book on Philosophy after 3 years and 4 hours later, I've got a terrible head ache, And I remembered this head ache and sense of hopelessness (that I know nothing) is what compelled me to wash my hands of Philosophy 3 years ago. Damn you for making me 'think' that much ! :woot:

P.S You should try reading Dr. Muhammad Iqbal or Allama Iqbal, as we in Pakistan used to call him. Might I suggest going through the following, in your spare time :

http://www.allamaiqbal.com/works/prose/english/reconstruction/index.htm

Its a link leading to Iqbal's 'Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam' - A book that presents his main philosophical ideas in a prosaic form. A good read...I hope.

when i see some people here , kafirs and they have the turkish flag i get shocked , belive me these arent real turks , real turks are the ones that say EZAN DINMEZ , BAYRAK INMEZ , VATAN BOLUNMEZ can someone translate this

when i see some people here , kafirs and they have the turkish flag i get shocked , belive me these arent real turks , real turks are the ones that say EZAN DINMEZ , BAYRAK INMEZ , VATAN BOLUNMEZ can someone translate this

Turkish: "EZAN DINMEZ, BAYRAK INMEZ, VATAN BÖLÜNMEZ"

English: "The Adhan will not pipe down, our Flag will not fall down, our Nation can't divide."

I tried my best, if there is any incorrection you are free to correct it. It just sounds 100 times better in Turkish, since it rhymes, and makes sense.

thanks mate those words shows our love for islam , our country and our flag basically

thanks mate those words shows our love for islam , our country and our flag basically

When the Muslims of India were fighting for their independence they use to shout a similar slogan :

Urdu - 'Pakistan ka matlab kiya, Lailahailallah'

English - 'What is the meaning of 'Pakistan' ? That there is no God but Allah !'

I'm constantly getting problems in understand the logic in that thread.

I am as Turkish as one can be. Only because I dont believe in a god and some book that does not make me not Turkish.

I for example don't give a f.. that you believe in imaginary people. But I kept it to myself until now, I dont call you names, unlike you. In fact the reason why many people stay silent and don't tell other that they don't believe in a god is because of people like you. There are far more then you might believe. Deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom