What's new

Otokar reveils several new products (Incl 30ton IFV)

Anymore pictures?

Being "monstrous" isn't very suitable for AIFVs because the requirement for such a role is a quick reaction, agile and highly maneuverable platform able to navigate the battlefield with greater serviveability as well as inflicting serious damage on the enemy forces. Being huge and monstrous is what we need tanks like Altay to be.

I don't know What he compared the FNSS Korkut with but The member who saw the vehicle, pointed out as a huge IFV. He stated out the reason of being huge is about neccesity of making it amphibious.

The same member saw a new big turret (He predicted as 30mm) and two AT missile on.

I don't know What he compared the FNSS Korkut with but The member who saw the vehicle, pointed out as a huge IFV. He stated out the reason of being huge is about neccesity of making it amphibious.

The same member saw a new big turret (He predicted as 30mm) and two AT missile on.

This "amphibious",if these Member say the Truth ,so we will seen as soon a very new Vehicle :)

It's SSM's policy to compete with German products so I wouldn't be surprised if Puma and Tulpar at least looked similar but in this case I suggest you get a pair of glasses.

Otokar didn't license-produce anything excpept for the Land Rover Defender/Shortland series, their designs are genuinely their own.

are you sure? that turret has rheinmetall written all over it. :rolleyes:

72101480.jpg

are you sure? that turret has rheinmetall written all over it. :rolleyes:
QUOTE]

Ohh yes, F14 Tomcat and Mig29 are the same from your point of view since they both have dual vertical stabilizer&rudder..

no dude. it's because that turret is based on rheinmetall lance turret. otakar and aselan only made a small changes to the outside shape of the gun house. internally, it's a lance turret.
otakar do the same with their yavuz 8x8 apc. they redesigned the outside hull shape of the tereex apc made by singapore st kinetic. most people don't know this. lol

no dude. it's because that turret is based on rheinmetall lance turret. otakar and aselan only made a small changes to the outside shape of the gun house. internally, it's a lance turret.
otakar do the same with their yavuz 8x8 apc. they redesigned the outside hull shape of the tereex apc made by singapore st kinetic. most people don't know this. lol

Dude, I guess you are a bit confused, howcome you have been so sure?
Let me tell you that MIZRAK turret has nothing common with the Lance turret except both being 30x173 cal.
Aselsan is not in this business like Rheinmetall is not. It is a turret totally designed, built and tested by Otokar including all the Optronics, FCS, software/hardware etc.
If you need more info to avoid such an accidentially biased and disinformative comment, please let me help you.
Take care.

Terex was a JV.

Can this turret be fitted to a Type-56 (T-54) MBT ?

Most likely yes, Why shouldnt it be. With some modifications you can mount any turret on the right chassis. Perhaps it could be a cost-effective solution for pakistan, pretty similair to what the Israelis are doing.

@qwerrty

It seems you have yet to be truelly informed and up-to-date regarding the Turkish defence industry. The Yavuz APC was a JV with Singaporian ST Kinetic to gain technology and experience out of it. This vehicle was never ment to serve the Turkish armed forces or to be exported. Nurol did the same with Romania, which build the RN-94 together with Romarm. They now have the Nurol Ejder which is already exported to Georgia and Kuwait(?). Currently they both have superior APCs such as Arma, Ejder and AV-8. The Mizrak turret has no connection with the lance whatsoever, this is probably your own imagination or ignorance going wild.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most likely yes, Why shouldnt it be. With some modifications you can mount any turret on the right chassis. Perhaps it could be a cost-effective solution for pakistan, pretty similair to what the Israelis are doing.

How much do you think does a single turret cost ? :what:

Back
Top Bottom