What's new

Otokar Opened Tank Test Facility

i think we should try to sell our old things to like azerbaijan if we could or other countries who war with weak countries we should sell them that way we hit 2 birds with one stone , we help our ally and make money for newer tanks

But talking about the M48s - Can't they be converted into vehicle mounted SAM systems or something like those modified Merkava LICs (Low Intensity Conflict) or upgraded with a better engine and used in mountainous areas like we do with our Type 69s to fight against insurgents ?
Fighting with insurgents is perhaps the only thing our aged m48/m60s can do right now. They are so old it wasnt feasible to turn them into recovery vehicles. And their chassis' are in a very bad shape to be converted into anything. At least M60s have diesel engines but that's it. I'm not saying that it's impossible but i believe it would be cheaper to scrap them and buy the new ones...

Leopard1s however being used as tank recovery vehicles

i think we should try to sell our old things to like azerbaijan if we could or other countries who war with weak countries we should sell them that way we hit 2 birds with one stone , we help our ally and make money for newer tanks

They wouldn't accept let alone paying for it. This is Azerbaijan we are talking about not somalia :) Best we can do is working on an export variant for Altay that is closer to soviet style tanks(125mm, autoloader etc). Maybe then we could start its production in Azerbaijan but it's still a long shot.

Azerbaijan is our brother in culture, language and blood... Azerbaijan is our kin and you want Turkey to sell old useless tanks to Azerbaijan? Even if Turkish goverment offer such an outrageous thing, Azerbaijan Army have enough founds to buy decent tanks for their military...

And before Turkey there are countless nations who has M-48s and M-60 who would sell these tanks in a heart beat for a dime :) Only starving African nations would buy these weapons...

why not atleast they can shoot we should give them to azerbaijan for free for for very cheap atleast they can use it , or sell them to african countries lol kenya or uganda lol

Azerbaijan is our brother in culture, language and blood... Azerbaijan is our kin and you want Turkey to sell old useless tanks to Azerbaijan? Even if Turkish goverment offer such an outrageous thing, Azerbaijan Army have enough founds to buy decent tanks for their military...

And before Turkey there are countless nations who has M-48s and M-60 who would sell these tanks in a heart beat for a dime :) Only starving African nations would buy these weapons...

why not atleast they can shoot we should give them to azerbaijan for free for for very cheap atleast they can use it , or sell them to african countries lol kenya or uganda lol

They bought some modern tanks from Ukraine. Probably they don't need our tanks.

I think building excessive amount of tanks would be futile, I think air superiority is what's most important. Just look at what happened to Libya, when NATO established air superiority Ghaddafi's tanks died quickly.

I think Tanks are good for invasions and destroying things, especially if they're in the frontline pushing. aircrafts have to return to reload etc. but tanks can have support vehicles.

Apart from that we would probably be well off if we had some first strike weapons.

but tanks can have support vehicles.

That's why Aselsan is developing SPAAG with AHEAD munition and Otonom SAM systems, Missiles from Roketsan...

S6303094.jpg

18614590243-orig.png

I think building excessive amount of tanks would be futile, I think air superiority is what's most important. Just look at what happened to Libya, when NATO established air superiority Ghaddafi's tanks died quickly.

I think Tanks are good for invasions and destroying things, especially if they're in the frontline pushing. aircrafts have to return to reload etc. but tanks can have support vehicles.

Apart from that we would probably be well off if we had some first strike weapons.

It should be balanced, Strong Airsuperiority only while having a weak tankfleet is not enough to defend the homeland. if you have a rival like say Russia (which by the way is a rival of Turkey) when its huge tank fleet strats to invade the country from all sides, they will just fastly roll to strategic points like airfields etc and then it's pretty much over very quickly even if you have a strong airforce. So to stop those tanks, to succesfully stop them you need a strong, great number of latest modern mbt's on the ground along with an excellent airforce..

It should be balanced, Strong Airsuperiority only while having a weak tankfleet is not enough to defend the homeland. if you have a rival like say Russia (which by the way is a rival of Turkey) when its huge tank fleet strats to invade the country from all sides, they will just fastly roll to strategic points like airfields etc and then it's pretty much over very quickly even if you have a strong airforce. So to stop those tanks, to succesfully stop them you need a strong, great number of latest modern mbt's on the ground along with an excellent airforce..

Of course I agree with your assessment, I just wanted to point out the necessity to balance things.

Back
Top Bottom