What's new

Origin of Pashtun

Yes, quite a lot live in India I believe?
they are Indianized now(Identifies as Urdu/Hindi speaking) except those from Kabol, I think. we call Pathan(Pattani in south India) as those who have roots in Pakistan controlled areas(Peshawar). the others are called Kabliwala?

The Afghans who migrated many years back to India are living happily and peacefully in Kolkata city in India's eastern state of West Bengal. The Afghans, who hail from the south eastern region of Afghanistan, have established themselves in garments and dry fruits business.

Can we get any definite answer about origin/history of Pashtuns? People come up with different conflicting theories about their origin? Some Pahtuns link themselves with Hadrat suleman and some say they were jews tribes who lost their way back and got settled in this region and later got converted into Islam

I cannot give too much away because its my work
However, I am Pakhtun and have been doing work on Pakhtun history.

Firstly, the original name of the tribe is "Pakhtun".
Pakhtuns are Iranic people, mostly East Iranic people.

Secondly, the Qais of Qais Abdul Rashid is not a person. It is a name of a God. It has other forms too.

Thirdly, I have evidence that Pakhtuns/Pashtuns most likely existed around 1800BC. Some Pashto words are very old.

Fourthly, I believe some Pakhtuns did live in the Middle East but that does not make them Jewish. Yusufzai tribe was called Esapzai before. Some tribes changed their names after becoming Muslims. These names are Arabic like Yusuf of Yusufzai, but their origin is Hebrew.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom