What's new

Options for PAF After India Selects Rafale for MMRCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the contract will have a clause for delivery of 18 jets in a flyaway condition within 36 months. So even if it is signed in March, that means 18 jets by 2014. I think by 2015-16 Indian made Rafales will start rolling out from HAL :agree:

Such a big deal will not be signed in 2 months,I am sure it will take at least year to prepare the documentation and etc. After that it will take 36 months to deliver first 18 fighters.I am 100% sure that India's 126 Rafale induction will not end before 2020.

The fuel, pilot, hydraulics, mission eqpt. etc. is the difference between empty and loaded weight. The weapons load carrying capability was, if I remember it correctly, 12,000 lbs.

VCheng, correct if i am wrong.

I would say Pakistan better start asking China about J-10b when they will be deliver? We need to have at least 70 J-10s.

I would say Pakistan better start asking China about J-10b when they will be deliver? We need to have at least 70 J-10s.
36 J-10B by 2014 , may be 2015, already confirmed.

JFT's are more good than you can think actually ... Enlighten yourself by checking the JFT thread ... Read about KLJ 7 radar , KG-300 jammer and WMD-7 pod ... Fully integrated by some of the finest weapons in Chinese inventory , not to forget the Brazilian one ... The count is 42+ which will eventually be => 150 ...

No , but would you be foolish enough to move all your main assets from the Chinese border ? :azn:
I second that, but JF-17 blk II is important , blk I is just replacement to old Rose etc. Hope JF-17 blk II don't get AESA from China when they develop it, not even their homegrown upgrade of N011 radar (Have to say this as a typical indian) :D

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I cant recall when i possibly read something as ridiculous as this ... JFT are sanction prone really ? :rofl:

JFT is not under nappies ... Been in operational service for 2 years and being refined with every passing day ... Completed 10 000 sorties and has flown in WoT ... What else do you desire ? :lol:
Did JF-17 used in WOT, kindly give a link if you have. And JFT, sanction prone, what was he thinking :D

Pakistan has no option except get some EF atleast 60, 5-6 billion deal.

Not going to happen.. PAF doctrine has been married to China now..

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

I cant recall when i possibly read something as ridiculous as this ... JFT are sanction prone really ? :rofl:

JFT still uses a Russian Engine.. Correct?

I second that, but JF-17 blk II is important , blk I is just replacement to old Rose etc. Hope JF-17 blk II don't get AESA from China when they develop it, not even their homegrown upgrade of N011 radar (Have to say this as a typical indian) :D

Did JF-17 used in WOT, kindly give a link if you have. And JFT, sanction prone, what was he thinking :D

Everything that i mentioned is present in Blk 1 bro ... And the Chinese AESA was seen fitted on J10B weeks earlier ... The specifications of Blk 2 are KLJ xx , IFR , IRST and some more things ...

As for the WOT , I am too lazy to search for it ... It was here somewhere on the forum ... Will post it ...

The big question :

saving-money-tips-stacks-of-dollars-cash.jpg

Hence the best bet would be ramp up JF-17 production and get the J-10Bs as planned ....

I hope you look into J-10B acquisition from China.... no need to buy such an expensive aircraft.

Mirage 2000 , Migs 29 can be taken care of with JFT's ...
JFT hopes to be as good as Mig29s. And you say it would be able to take on both Mirage 2000 and Mig29s.[/QUOTE]
Think again , Go re read history ... Even your sources think otherwise ...
The IA and PA performance may be debatable but that of PAF , no way !

PAF had F86 and F-104 Starfighter which were much better than Hunters and Gnats and we did not use Mig21 so extensively and still PAF could not stand against IAF.

people crying for AESA or using it as bench mark should know that none of indian airrcft and none fo current modern fighters like typhoon,rafale (except American ones) have AESA radar.

PAF figured out that AESA may not be required for second 50 due to reason , none of IAF present aircrafts do have it.

plus we also have to consider 4 Chinese AWACS in additon to 4 SAAB2000 ...

JFT still uses a Russian Engine.. Correct?
Despite the long standing partnership between India and Russia , it still supplies that engine , Correct ? Ask them why did they supply the RD 93 despite massive Indian lobbying/diplomacy ... and as for the engines being sanction prone , I can only say :rofl: ... China's developing the WS 10 A to replace it in later JFT blocks , 100 KN thrust more than enough right ?

The fuel, pilot, hydraulics, mission eqpt. etc. is the difference between empty and loaded weight. The weapons load carrying capability was, if I remember it correctly, 12,000 lbs.

VCheng, correct if i am wrong.

It depends on the version, but the weapons load can go as high as 20,000 lbs.

Everything that i mentioned is present in Blk 1 bro ... And the Chinese AESA was seen fitted on J10B weeks earlier ... The specifications of Blk 2 are KLJ xx , IFR , IRST and some more things ...

As for the WOT , I am too lazy to search for it ... It was here somewhere on the forum ... Will post it ...
Chinese AESA is still under development i think. But you may be right.
As for lazy part, same here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom