What's new

OPPO plans US$216m industrial park in India

Last year huawei invested $170 million research and development centre in bangalore :china:
REUTERS - Chinese telecom company Huawei Technologies Co Ltd has invested $170 million to open a research and development centre in India as it ties itself to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "Make in India" campaign, the company said on Thursday.

The campus in Bengaluru, previously called Bangalore, is the first such investment made by a Chinese company in India and will be used to develop software components, Huawei said.

It is also the company's biggest R&D center outside China:china:.

Yes that's news from last year, and it's about R&D center, while this OPPO project is an industrial park i.e. manufacturing.

Off-topic: Huawei is different from OPPO, it's a comprehensive ICT company in which cellphone is just one consumer goods division. Huawei even has own semiconductor division - Hisilicon. I guess Huawei is building R&D center in India for software, ICT architectural design, "smart city" solutions, and some works related to 5G. Anyway Huawei knows India very well, they've been work closely with Reliance Group, e.g. Huawei Marine Networks builds undersea optic cables, and many other business co-operations.

oppo has good presence in smaller town and rural areas.
reason : IS their offline Avaibility. \
many brands like : Moto/MI and others are exclusive to online markets which has yet to penetrate rural market,.

India's policies are equal for all. If you can't face the heat, get out of kitchen. See where Lenovo and Huawei are presently. Though in my opinion Gionee/Oppo are ripoff compared to genuine brands like Huwawei or REDMI MI series.

Yes now I remember this brand. Oppo F1

I don't know why you look down on small factories. But reminds you, the French mobile phone sales top 2 of “Wiko” is was also made in a small factory in China....Although France claims that it's made in france.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiko

Although I don't know the Chinese factory.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinno

It turns out that small factories also produce good goods.
Thanks to their entrepreneurial spirit.

Chinese fdi investment in indian companies r rising :china:
Enter-the-dragon.png

I don't know why you look down on small factories. But reminds you, the French mobile phone sales top 2 of “Wiko” is was also made in a small factory in China....Although France claims that it's made in france.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiko

Although I don't know the Chinese factory.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinno

It turns out that small factories also produce good goods.
Thanks to their entrepreneurial spirit.
My comment is not particularly against small or big companies, rather the quality culture which I have seen in these companies and compared on actual.

My comment is not particularly against small or big companies, rather the quality culture which I have seen in these companies and compared on actual.
How many companies have you seen?
If I don't provide a link, you don't even know that there's a "Tinno" company in the world. It even make mobile phones for India's Intex and Micromax.
Therefore, we should not be confined to a fixed thinking. Because anyone can make progress, any company is also making progress.

china has invested in manufacturing bases and R&D centres which helps to create jobs for skilled graduates and people with less education.

i say this is good news, we need more of these types of job

So what happened to blocking and boycotting Chinese substandard maal as per you countrymen.
they are investing 100 of million dollars in india, they are not producing the phone in china and selling it here.

thats a big difference

How many companies have you seen?
If I don't provide a link, you don't even know that there's a "Tinno" company in the world. It even make mobile phones for India's Intex and Micromax.
Therefore, we should not be confined to a fixed thinking. Because anyone can make progress, any company is also making progress.
Mate as I said I don't believe in small or big company concept, what I believe is quality. And in regards to Micromax it is Indian company but its handset qualities are not upto the mark. Just my two cents.

china has invested in manufacturing bases and R&D centres which helps to create jobs for skilled graduates and people with less education.

i say this is good news, we need more of these types of job

they are investing 100 of million dollars in india, they are not producing the phone in china and selling it here.

thats a big difference
These manufacturer are sweat shop, watch out, hehe.

Never mind, win win business, it is good chance for low skilled indian, don't politicized it and screw it.

Mate as I said I don't believe in small or big company concept, what I believe is quality. And in regards to Micromax it is Indian company but its handset qualities are not upto the mark. Just my two cents.
The quality is line with the price, sometime I suggest you don't always mention the quality when you can't afford the good with high price or don't want pay for it, quality also have price, should understand it.

When you want support your industry, you need tolerate the poor quality with relatively low price for you domestic brand, Roma was not built overnight, want high level of life, many thing may be sacrificed until reaching there.

OK.
About Micromax. I don't know much about. But everything will change.

These manufacturer are sweat shop, watch out, hehe.

Never mind, win win business, it is good chance for low skilled indian, don't politicized it and screw it.

The quality is line with the price, sometime I suggest you don't always mention the quality when you can't afford the good with high price or don't want pay for it, quality also have price, should understand it.

When you want support your industry, you need tolerate the poor quality with relatively low price for you domestic brand, Roma was not built overnight, want high level of life, many thing may be sacrificed until reaching there.
Sometimes even higher price doesn't guarantee the quality as I have personally faced in Lenovo smartphone but that doesn't mean my Lenovo laptop is not best out there. Just letting you know that.

Higher price can also be deceiving.

Back
Top Bottom