What's new

Opinionated - China Chipping Away to Semiconductor Dominance

He's busy celebrating 8 years of China's 'dominance' of the semi-conductor industry.

It's interesting to read this thread from the start and see how far off most of the predictions were.
He said goodbye and left on Oct 8, 2018. This was his last post,
"
Martian2SENIOR MEMBER

Oct 8, 2018Add bookmark#1,578

HannibalBarca said:

Bye. at -50... you ain't gonna be missed...

I am glad to leave. I won't have to read posts by the likes of you again.

Goodbye everyone.

Martian2 signing off PDF"

He said goodbye and left on Oct 8, 2018. This was his last post,
"
Martian2SENIOR MEMBER

Oct 8, 2018Add bookmark#1,578

HannibalBarca said:

Bye. at -50... you ain't gonna be missed...

I am glad to leave. I won't have to read posts by the likes of you again.

Goodbye everyone.

Martian2 signing off PDF"
Wow, that's quite a salty way to flounce off the forum. He demonstrated his 'dominance' on the way out the door.

SMIC: Capable of producing photomask products of various technology nodes from 0.35 microns to 14 nanometers!​

2022-08-28 10:58 HKT

Recently, an investor asked SMIC: Hello, Secretary of the Board of Directors. The prospectus mentioned that SMIC has the largest and most advanced photomask manufacturing facility in mainland China, which can produce photomasks of various technology nodes from 0.35 micron to 14 nanometers. Film products, is it possible for your company's photomask version to be solved without outsourcing at all?

SMIC replied that SMIC's photomask factory is capable of producing photomask products of various technology nodes ranging from 0.35 microns to 14 nanometers.

more -> https://min.news/en/economy/a8d9cd1241f069f39fdbabffa749883c.html

World's First Laptop with RISC-V Processor Now Available
https://trib.al/ztM6L3P

Honestly - China is large enough that it can create its own instruction set with its own intelletual property and associated ecosystem. Once it has that - it can restrict access to the chinese market if product vendors do not run on its instruction set. That would turn the american led sanctions "upside down" on its head.

It is an undertaking for sure - but one that will allow you to be free.

What if the future - RISC-V decides to become closed source(to be honest - not checked who the stakeholders are and how it functions for its open source license etc ).

Back
Top Bottom