What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Yemen Houthi rebels advance despite Saudi-led air strikes

Reuters - Yemen's Houthi rebels made broad gains in the country's south and east on Friday despite a second day of Saudi-led air strikes meant to check the Iranian-backed militia's efforts to overthrow President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

Shi'ite Muslim Houthi fighters and allied army units gained their first foothold on Yemen's Arabian Sea coast by seizing the port of Shaqra 100km (60 miles) east of Aden, residents told Reuters.

Explosions and crackles of small gunfire rang out across Aden late on Friday as Houthis made a push on the southern port city's airport, a witness said.

The advances threaten Hadi's last refuge in Yemen and potentially undermine the air campaign to support him.

The spokesman for the Saudi-led operation, Brigadier General Ahmed Asseri, told a news conference in Riyadh that defending the Aden government was the campaign's "main objective".

[…]

But the Houthis and allied army units seized the southern town of Shaqra in Abyan province on Friday, gaining access to the Arabian Sea, residents said.

Their entry into the city means they control most land routes to Aden and can block tribal fighters trying to come in to reinforce Hadi's troops.

Residents said dozens of pickup trucks loaded with tribal fighters have reached the town of Mudyah and were expected to clash with the Houthi forces based in Shaqra and the town of Lodar.

During a week of intense fighting, the Houthis have taken the Red Sea port of al-Mukha to Aden's northwest, and the city's northern outskirts, suggesting Aden is danger, despite the air strikes against the Houthis.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/28/us-yemen-security-idUSKBN0ML0YC20150328

Weren't you the one who posted news of complete takeover of Aden? So how is this a gain to you? Btw, you say Saudis are incompetent even though they aren't on ground yet.

On ground though, houthis lost Aden airport. As well as clashes opening in many provinces by Yemeni civilians. If needed there will be ground forces. Saudis sent them before, not sure why you're still calling them coward.

You were saying that they wouldn't dare intervene in Yemen and they did. Now you're saying they're too coward to send ground forces. What's true is Iran and it's supporteers are pissed and not able to respond. Instead they're making a lot of crap up on social media.

The best one being that Russia have 24 hours for Arab warships to leave or face world war 3 and claimed it was a rueters report. :rofl:

Before military intervention they claimed they would collapse the royal family in Saudi Arabia and invade immediately. Now that they're too coward to do so, they're trying to convince themselves that there could be internal power struggle in Saudi Arabia. :lol:

Saudi must be defeated, they represent backward Islam.
Iran gives emphasis on Science and development, muslim country like Iran must prevail.

Weren't you the one who posted news of complete takeover of Aden? So how is this a gain to you? Btw, you say Saudis are incompetent even though they aren't on ground yet.

When they were on the ground in 2009 they demonstrated nothing but incompetence. In fact, the Houthis even controlled positions in Saudi Arabia.

On ground though, houthis lost Aden airport. As well as clashes opening in many provinces by Yemeni civilians. If needed there will be ground forces. Saudis sent them before, not sure why you're still calling them coward.

Bullcrap. No organized civilian attack against the houthis today. The Houthis have in fact advanced in pretty much every corner of Yemen today.

You were saying that they wouldn't dare intervene in Yemen and they did. Now you're saying they're too coward to send ground forces. What's true is Iran and it's supporteers are pissed and not able to respond. Instead they're making a lot of crap up on social media.

A ground intervention I meant. Like I said, air attacks alone are not going to stop the Houthis. Which crap? Pretty much every fact that I have posted is backed by credible sources.

Before military intervention they claimed they would collapse the royal family in Saudi Arabia and invade immediately. Now that they're too coward to do so, they're trying to convince themselves that there could be internal power struggle in Saudi Arabia. :lol:

Mind your own business, Palestinian. Worry about your own home (which you don't have), in stead of trying to mingle yourself in regional discussions. Your people are nothing more than tools who are being moved as pawns by pretty much every regional actor.

laughable. We have the better universities, research centers, infrastructure, hospitals..etc etc

2014 World University Rankings | Academic Ranking of World Universities

4 universities in the top 500
Top 10 in math

Where is your scientific growth then? Where is your country in mathematician, robotic and solar car competitions? Iran pretty much dominates all you backward Arabs in these fields.

The outcome of all this won't be good. In the end the Yemeni government will be weak and with no rival groups to oppose them, al-queda in Yemen may fill the power vacuum. That's a bad ending where EVERONE loses.
no, the Saudis win if al qaeda comes to power in Yemen

It's obvious you can't get sleep at night from this operation. :rofl:

Yes, you are right. The fact that I just arrived home now, from another poker evening, reading on all mainstream media that the Houthis are advancing despite incompetent Saudi airstrikes, makes me indeed sleep better tonight.

You on the other remain homeless. Sleep well. :wave:

The best one being that Russia have 24 hours for Arab warships to leave or face world war 3 and claimed it was a rueters report. :rofl:

Why are you barking and cheering for the Saudis and Egyptians and other arab traitors

I remember you saying that they are kuffar and murtadeen

Why you cheer for them is like they formed an alliance to liberate Palestine and not attacking Yemen

Is not the CC who overthrow morsi
Is not the CC who closed the borders and starved you
Is not the Saudis supported the overthrow of morsi
Is not the gulf countries who gave billion to CC
Is not they who but Hamas and MB on the terror list

I know you traitors who deserve the likes of sharon

You hypocrite two faced the hypocrite and in the buttom of the hell fire

When they were on the ground in 2009 they demonstrated nothing but incompetence. In fact, the Houthis even controlled positions in Saudi Arabia.

Bullcrap. No organized civilian attack against the houthis today. The Houthis have in fact advanced in pretty much every corner of Yemen today.

A ground intervention I meant. Like I said, air attacks alone are not going to stop the Houthis. Which crap? Pretty much every fact that I have posted is backed by credible sources.

Mind your own business, Palestinian. Worry about your own home (which you don't have), in stead of trying to mingle yourself in regional discussions. Your people are nothing more than tools who are being moved as pawns by pretty much every regional actor.

Where is your scientific growth then? Where is your country in mathematician, robotic and solar car competitions? Iran pretty much dominates all you backward Arabs in these fields.

Saudis are doing and participating in all of these things in countries that matter like US/EU. You just keep playing with your toys and inventing Qahirs with your backward allies.

Yes, you are right. The fact that I just arrived home now, from another poker evening, reading on all mainstream media that the Houthis are advancing despite incompetent Saudi airstrikes, makes me indeed sleep better tonight.

You on the other remain homeless. Sleep well. :wave:

Your rhetoric is evidence of your flaming rage. :rofl:

Rebels in Syria soon will take Idlib. Iraqi militias/army can't do shit on ground against ISIS. Iran gets blockaded in Yemen. I understand the anger bro, take it easy. :D

No offence but this Arab-Iran proxy wars are very much similar to World War Zombies

World-War-Z-2013.jpg

Either Arabs or Iranians are zombies morons, keep fighting for bloods. :enjoy:

Why are you barking and cheering for the Saudis and Egyptians and other arab traitors

I remember you saying that they are kuffar and murtadeen

Why you cheer for them is like they formed an alliance to liberate Palestine and not attacking Yemen

Is not the CC who overthrow morsi
Is not the CC who closed the borders and starved you
Is not the Saudis supported the overthrow of morsi
Is not the gulf countries who gave billion to CC
Is not they who but Hamas and MB on the terror list

I know you traitors who deserve the likes of sharon

You hypocrite two faced the hypocrite and in the buttom of the hell fire
You seems to be not getting one thing, we as Arabs and Sunnis might have some disagreements on some subjects but at the end it's quarrels between brothers. on the other hand, Iran and Shiites who worship Iran are no brother of ours so they don't get the same treatment, when you make a mistake you get stomped, no talks, no good feelings.

Saudis are doing and participating in all of these things in countries that matters like US/EU. You just keep playing with your toys and inventing Qahirs with your backward allies.

You're a backwards Arab, and Persians are Gods. Take his word for it.

Rebels in Syria soon will take Idlib. Iraqi militias/army can't do shit on ground against ISIS. Iran gets blockaded in Yemen. I understand the anger bro, take it easy. :D

In the end, whether the rebels are going to control Idlib doesn't matter. The capital is in the hand of Assad, as well as most of the border crossings with Lebanon, which makes sure that Iran keeps the ability to supply Hezbollah. Take over Idlib by Al Qaeda will be more of a threat to moderate rebels in the North than to Iran's strategic needs in Syria. Iraqi militia wisely let US airstrikes pave the way for the liberation of Tikrit, which in the end will serve Iranian interests. In Yemen the Houthis are advancing despite a large coalition of incompetent states.

Imagine me sleeping tonight. Like a baby. Layla tov my friend. :D

In the end, whether the rebels are going to control Idlib doesn't matter. The capital is in the hand of Assad, as well as most of the border crossings with Lebanon, which makes sure that Iran keeps the ability to supply Hezbollah. Take over Idlib by Al Qaeda will be more of a threat to moderate rebels in the North than to Iran's strategic needs in Syria. Iraqi militia wisely let US airstrikes pave the way for the liberation of Tikrit, which in the end will serve Iranian interests. In Yemen the Houthis are advancing despite a large coalition of incompetent states.

Imagine me sleeping tonight. Like a baby. Shalom my friend. :D

Damascus will fall after Aleppo falls when Idlib falls. On one hand you say Arab states are puppet states than state Iraqi militias the ones you sponsor made deal for US strikes. Syrian and Iraqi army have failed completely. Supply route to Hezbollah is irrelevant to subject. But Iran blockaded from sea in Yemen by primitive backward Arabs. :D

Things not looking too good. I miss the old Surenas, the one I just saw few posts ago. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom