What's new

Opening another front against Pakistan - Naval exercises off gujarat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we an ultra rich country. Can we imagine the cost involved for 1 month sustained exercise and will the results be worth the cost. A big NO.

I am not sure if countries are permitted to hold exercises in international waters according to Convention on the High Seas and hence there is no scope for a Blockade.

I am not sure if countries are permitted to hold exercises in international waters according to Convention on the High Seas and hence there is no scope for a Blockade.

Nope they sure can hold exercises in international waters. They just cannot be directed specifically against a country.

The most volume of info regarding this is how the US and USSR would regularly snoop on each others exercises during the cold war with their own "spy" ships....both taking advantage of the international waters clause.

Indian Navy and Pakistan navy have both done their fair share of international water exercises.

Here is a recent one done by the PLAN:

https://www.rt.com/news/356467-china-navy-drill-japan/

Exercises far out at sea in international waters are commonly done by world navies, and this year our navy has many times organized fleets to carry out exercises far out in the Western Pacific,” the commander said, as cited by PLA Daily.

This deep-sea exercise is part of our annual training arrangements, it is not aimed against any specific country, region or target, and is conducted in accordance with international law and practice,” he added, noting that foreign reconnaissance aircraft were spotted in the area where the drills were carried out.

We can "advise" merchant vessels that "Hey we are conducting massive exercises. It is advisable to avoid this area for some time till these exercises are over.

1) Costly affair. Even during war there's a law which protects the merchant ships.
2) Enemy's merchant ships can use neutral flag, but they are allowed to be armed. Perilous!
That will be like asking for more trouble.
3) Navy exercise isn't gonna help is what I think. When you have a suicidal enemy you can not do much to protect yourself.

This is how this film has been rolling from Indian Point of View;

Front No. 1, attack Pakistan militarily - Failed, couldn't move a soldier or jet.
Front No. 2, isolate Pakistan diplomatically - Failed, got Afghanistan and Bangladesh at best.
Front No. 3, block Pakistan's water - Failed, could not move a brick.
Front No. 4, Use Indian Navy to pressurise - ..... You know whats coming here.

:pop:

Hi All

this is a speculative response against Pakistan. What if we start large scale naval exercises off the coast of Gujarat. These will be held in Indian coastal Waters and/or international waters. We wont cross into Pakistani Waters. When these exercises are going on there will obviously we firing of weapons and movement of many naval ships

We can "advise" merchant vessels that "Hey we are conducting massive exercises. It is advisable to avoid this area for some time till these exercises are over. so if you have to go to Karachi Port you can wait for some time. We are NOT blocking your progress but you will have to go at your own risk"

If such "exercises" are conducted for say 1 month what will be the effect

It will serve no purpose expect make us spend more money unnecessarily.

IWT action plan is a soft touch that will yield more result than the hammer of thor.

Brahmos will wreak those second hand frigates. P 8I move in for the fabled AIP. With INS Chakra moving to flank, it will be like shooting fish in a barrel. More like a bucket.

Hi All

this is a speculative response against Pakistan. What if we start large scale naval exercises off the coast of Gujarat. These will be held in Indian coastal Waters and/or international waters. We wont cross into Pakistani Waters. When these exercises are going on there will obviously we firing of weapons and movement of many naval ships

We can "advise" merchant vessels that "Hey we are conducting massive exercises. It is advisable to avoid this area for some time till these exercises are over. so if you have to go to Karachi Port you can wait for some time. We are NOT blocking your progress but you will have to go at your own risk"

If such "exercises" are conducted for say 1 month what will be the effect

You are calling for a drill and not exercise. A drill is not needed near international maritime border and for an exercise you need a partner. None will agree.

I am just exploring this as an option to needle Pakistan. As long as we are not entering Pakistani waters we are not breaking rules
If such blockade ever happened my friend, then the coffins in your avatar would increase significantly, if my memory serves me right I told you the other day not to take bollywood seriously. Lagta hain aj battleship daikh li ho gi :D

What kind of a lame and pathetic thread is this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom