What's new

OP ED: Unpacking the thinking behind Indian defence strategy

Sir, I'm terribly sorry for such comments; I hope the moderation system is working better now. I would make a thread to get some feedback as well but the management is with me on this angle that this is the direction that we're moving towards! We are a defence journal! And I would do my best to move it into a direction that makes PDF a place of savage ideas but gentle words where it can be productive for all. I hope to live up to the expectations :)

The moderation system is working a treat. Just in the last half hour, I have been receiving 5 minute support. It is blissful, trust me; this is what makes interaction possible.

About the abuse, it is not the terms or the content - that is contemptible - but the attitudes that are disturbing. What sort of anger brings out this kind of abuse?

Please count on my whole-hearted support to your goal to move PDF towards savage ideas but gentle words.

For starters, I wish to complete the narration of the 65 conflict to garner PanzerKiel's comments on it, with a view to combining the two points of view to yield a bipartisan perspective. Next, I would like to support your efforts to determine PLA doctrine and measure it against Indian; so we would have two dyads - Pakistan vs. India, India vs. China.

However, these are germs in my mind, and the direction must be set by you and PanzerKiel.

Sir, I agree that we've gotten to a synthesis and understanding of our points; the heart of the matter. I think a comparative analysis of the Chinese doctrine, Indian doctrine and Pakistani doctrine may be our next step? I agree with the overall assertion of your post that we have a clearer picture as to why the doctine takes the shape it does; however, any disparities seen on-ground and in thought are an interesting focus, wouldn't you say so? My aim was to try to get to the thinking behind the various directions that seem to be taken by India, pardon me because I'm a psychologist and tend to decipher things from my element

Repeated for emphasis. Just what the doctor ordered.

While @jbgt90 is driving me crazy with his elusiveness, we have to make allowances for his affliction, and I personally must offer thanks that it turned out to be an ordinary virus. I hope you can twist his arm into participating; I have failed, due to specious reasons like pressure of official work. Or baby-sitting.

Sir, wonderful to hear that things are working towards a better direction here in terms of the environment. I really want to make a post thanking the new mod team for their efforts.
Second, sir, about the abuse, I am going to make a thread about it too because it's an interesting direction that our people have taken; I'd love illuminating as to the reasons why I think it's so and what can be done about it. Hopefully with greater engagement like we used to have over at the Members area would be lovely. I think at the heart of it; we're seeing each other only in two colors: red and blue land and dehumanizing each other.
Third, sir, I'm glad to hear you're on board too. I would be taking the gems between you two over at the Indo-Pak discussions and turning them into fully illustrated articles and perhaps even a video later down the line. I'm delighted that you see the comparisons between the doctrines of India, Pakistan and China as our next step; it'd be great to see them independently as well as compared to each other.
We are infected by the same virus, sir :) I think sir @PanzerKiel would agree with us there.
The moderation system is working a treat. Just in the last half hour, I have been receiving 5 minute support. It is blissful, trust me; this is what makes interaction possible.

About the abuse, it is not the terms or the content - that is contemptible - but the attitudes that are disturbing. What sort of anger brings out this kind of abuse?

Please count on my whole-hearted support to your goal to move PDF towards savage ideas but gentle words.

For starters, I wish to complete the narration of the 65 conflict to garner PanzerKiel's comments on it, with a view to combining the two points of view to yield a bipartisan perspective. Next, I would like to support your efforts to determine PLA doctrine and measure it against Indian; so we would have two dyads - Pakistan vs. India, India vs. China.

However, these are germs in my mind, and the direction must be set by you and PanzerKiel.

Thank you, sir; I think we can move forward very productively because we're headed towards a similar logical direction. And I would hound @jbgt90 with PSYOPs to get his cooperation with us
Repeated for emphasis. Just what the doctor ordered.

While @jbgt90 is driving me crazy with his elusiveness, we have to make allowances for his affliction, and I personally must offer thanks that it turned out to be an ordinary virus. I hope you can twist his arm into participating; I have failed, due to specious reasons like pressure of official work. Or baby-sitting.

That motivation has to be translated into on ground action such as tougher training, riskier ops, a tactically sound NCO etc., without that it doesn't amount to anything.
A practical example:

We are born at our homes, and we die at the battlefields - a Turkish proverb

Turkish folks talk about going to wars as if they're going to the lunch - President Donald Trump of the USA, the sole Super Power of the world

Thank you, sir; I think we can move forward very productively because we're headed towards a similar logical direction. And I would hound @jbgt90 with PSYOPs to get his cooperation with us
Saw this today , i am back , Hopefully will contribute soon.
@Joe Shearer tried to call you at least six times over the past two days , you did not pick up . call me when you get this.

Back
Top Bottom