What's new

Only woman officer in entire brigade guarding china front

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
In one of the most difficult Indian frontiers facing a formidable and assertive neighbour like China, she is the one and the only woman officer in the entire brigade at Nathu La, between India and China. She is the eyes and ears for hundreds of troops as provides them real time critical information.

Captain Swati Singh is posted in 63 Brigade of the Indian Army which is deployed in eastern sector in Sikkim near Nathu La pass overlooking China. She is Signals incharge in the Brigade and her duty is to keep alive lines of communications for the troops posted in her area.

nathu-la+248.JPG

Captain Singh had chosen the military uniform over a very lucrative career in a multinational software company. “I was being offered a post of software engineer by Infosys, but in the meanwhile I cleared the exam of the services and without giving any second thought I opted for the later” she said proudly, in an interview to the correspondent.

She is the first generation military officer in her family of engineers. Her younger sister, an engineer like her, has opted for a private job in Larsen and Toubro. Captain Singh hails from Lucknow, a city of Nawabs from where she did her engineering in Babu Banarsi Das Institute of Technology. Her father, who works of the Central Water Board, inspired her to join the Indian Army, she said.

“I joined army two years ago and I was commissioned in 17th Division in Sikkim. For the last one year I am in this brigade and despite being only woman officer I never felt alone or awkward here.” She said. Her Brigade Head Quarter is in Thegu near Nathu La and it takes at least five hours of bumpy motor ride to reach out to Gangtok. “Life is not easy in military but that is what I was fully aware of when I decided to join the army,” she said.

She adds, “Had I joined the Infosys, I may be serving in bustling and lively city like Bangalore but that would certainly not have given me the same kind of satisfaction I draw here while performing my duty in this inhospitable terrain.” Wishing that more and more girls should opt for joining Indian army she said, “Terrains or training may be difficult but our organisation is certainly very caring and friendly for the women officers.”

defence eXpress: Only woman officer in entire brigade guarding china front

true daughter of India...:tup:

god any one missing the action like me..:argh:

true daughter of India...:tup:

Are other daughters, fake daughters of India?

We all have our ways of serving the nation. Some do it in the military, some do it in other walks of life.

I do respect the lady officer and her passion but let's stop idolizing people, for a change.

Are other daughters, fake daughters of India?

We all have our ways of serving the nation. Some do it in the military, some do it in other walks of life.

I do respect the lady officer and her passion but let's stop idolizing people, for a change.

I am writing my views ... any problem bro.?

I am writing my views ... any problem bro.?

Yes. Because when you call one woman a 'true daughter of India', it by default implies that other daughters of India, who are not doing a similar job, do not happen to be so 'true' daughters of India.

IMO, all daughters of India, from the one who works as a clerk in a local bank but still pays her due taxes to the one who wins an olympic medal for us, are true daughters of India. Same goes for the sons of India.

We are all equal. There's no God among us.

Yes. Because when you call one woman a 'true daughter of India', it by default implies that other daughters of India, who are not doing a similar job, do not happen to be so 'true' daughters of India.

IMO, all daughters of India, from the one who works as a clerk in a local bank but still pays her due taxes to the one who wins an olympic medal for us, are true daughters of India. Same goes for the sons of India.

We are all equal. There's no God among us.

Ok ,right from your part but why are you pressing that into me??:what:

Main nahi manta...:D

& who said any thing about god part??

Its a choice everyone has to make and depends from person to person on their priorties in life.

Anyways good for her she got selected. :tup:

actually the defenceforcesses are reluctant to recruit womans as its part.
we must encarage the womans to join Armed forcess be it IA, ITBP, BASF and all.

suarly she will set an example to all the womans in India, BRAVO.

She will probably serve for a short while and then follow up with the job at infosys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom