What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

we are supporting you but how many Tamils want separate country TamilNadu?

Unlike Manlion, I actually come from that part of the world.

Basically the Dravidian parties who rule Tamil Nadu play on linguistic politics. They have no intention of seperation. But Tamil Chauvinism is their electoral gimmick. DMK was handed an electoral drubbing and they have latched onto ths to gain some traction among Tamil public.

Realistically, I would say the support for seperatism is minimal. Dravidian parties know this. They have ditched this platform in the 1960's with Annadurai confirming Tamil integration to India.

Think about it, without India's backing, Tamil Nadu would have nothing to protect themselves from Sri Lankans or any leverage against them.

Other South Indians resent Tamil Chauvinism as much as they do resent Hindi Imposition.

Besides, Tamil Nadu is now India's fourth largest economy and is one of it's better managed states.

@Proudpakistaniguy there is always a strong undercurrent of separatism running through. But the Dravidian parties have backed off with pragmatic electoral calculations I think.

Apparently if you use the world Arya and have an affinity to North India in the slightest you are clearly a white wannabe neo-nazi supremacist hilter type figure.
but when i asked whether you are tamil or not you cursed my mother !

I never understood these language disputes, take Pakistan for example these Bengalis had an issue learning Urdu but they will have no problem having their children learn gora angrezi. It is not like Urdu was the mother tongue of anybody else either so everyone had to learn it yet they made it a whole big issue. Same for the South Indians who don't want to learn the national language but are willing to learn a foreign tongue. I agree with @Arya Desa in that this is insecurity and nothing else.

Basically the Dravidian parties who rule Tamil Nadu play on linguistic politics. They have no intention of seperation. But Tamil Chauvinism is their electoral gimmick. DMK was handed an electoral drubbing and they have latched onto ths to gain some traction among Tamil public.

Realistically, I would say the support for seperatism is minimal. Dravidian parties know this. They have ditched this platform in the 1960's with Annadurai confirming Tamil integration to India.

Think about it, without India's backing, Tamil Nadu would have nothing to protect themselves from Sri Lankans or any leverage against them.

Other South Indians resent Tamil Chauvinism as much as they do resent Hindi Imposition.

Besides, Tamil Nadu is now India's fourth largest economy and is one of it's better managed states.

@Proudpakistaniguy there is always a strong undercurrent of separatism running through. But the Dravidian parties have backed off with pragmatic electoral calculations I think.

I think it is a stretch to assume a free Tamil Nadu would be threatened by Lankans. :lol:

But i dont like politicians of TN they are selfish ! mean and biased !!

we are supporting you but how many Tamils want separate country TamilNadu?

Tamils supported the formation of Pakistan so moral support from Pakistanis will boost the formation of Tamilnadu ( ex Madras Presidency)

I can't reveal to much - numbers and name /details of groups/individuals, etc advocating breaking away for their own safety and survival (TADA) in a forum infested with BJP/RSS and RAW agents

You may be right because you belong to that region but honestly speaking their demand are not even odds because tamils dont share much similarities with rest of Hindustan..language, race, look, ethnicity, film industry, food, culture, history and source of inspiration etc is different

I think it is a stretch to assume a free Tamil Nadu would be threatened by Lankans. :lol:

but it is not a stretch to assume whatever little leverage they have will be lost, because Tamil Nadu has no Navy, No army etc.

They have far more leverage Inside Indian politics and using that leverage.

The Dravidian parties know this. plus, they are one of the better managed states in the country. Their birth rate is 1.8. They can only grow their economy now based on migrants.

Tamils supported the formation of Pakistan so moral support from Pakistanis will boost the formation of Tamilnadu ( ex Madras Presidency)

I can't give numbers and name /details of groups/individuals, etc advocating breaking away for their own safety and survival (TADA) in a forum infested with BJP/RSS and RAW agents
Well if you guys supported us for our rights then we have all moral supports for your rights

You may be right because you belong to that region but honestly speaking their demand are not even odds because tamils dont share much similarities with rest of Hindustan..language, race, look, ethnicity, film industry, food, culture, history and source of inspiration etc is different

Kerala too has these. So does Karnataka.

Do these states have separatist movements? No.

Tamil Nadu just has it's own unique history.

but it is not a stretch to assume whatever little leverage they have will be lost, because Tamil Nadu has no Navy, No army etc.

They have far more leverage Inside Indian politics and using that leverage.

The Dravidian parties know this. plus, they are one of the better managed states in the country. Their birth rate is 1.8. They can only grow their economy now based on migrants.

They would create one, Tamil Nadu has a good economy right I heard South is more developed then North so it would not take them long to build armed forces.

I can't reveal to much - numbers and name /details of groups/individuals, etc advocating breaking away for their own safety and survival (TADA) in a forum infested with BJP/RSS and RAW agents

If what you say is true than we support you, your leaders supported us so we will always return the favor.

I never understood these language disputes, take Pakistan for example these Bengalis had an issue learning Urdu but they will have no problem having their children learn gora angrezi. It is not like Urdu was the mother tongue of anybody else either so everyone had to learn it yet they made it a whole big issue. Same for the South Indians who don't want to learn the national language but are willing to learn a foreign tongue. I agree with @Arya Desa in that this is insecurity and nothing else.

The issue is not language but the issue is imposing something on others which make them rebel..if English would have imposed by gora then people would have started hating it

They would create one, Tamil Nadu has a good economy right I heard South is more developed then North so it would not take them long to build armed forces.

You do realise that Kerala (where I am from) and rest of the South has disputes with Tamil Nadu? They hate Tamil Chauvinism as much as they hate Hindi imposition.

Yeah, South India is more developed than North, but Tamil Nadu is alone in their dispute with Sri Lanka.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom