What's new

Only 25 pc in India claim Hindi is their mother tongue

The Hindi speakers convinced that, it is the "linking" language, the best option for India. you people are in a closed room, cannot think and understands the south Indian position. you believes in OIT and believes whole of India is the same people like China is. Accept and respect south Indian choice of choosing Englisch over Hindi. Again, Don't imagine Hindi can be imposed. may be, it is a part of Nationalist agenda; but is impractical. perhaps, you may teach Afghans and Persians Hindi as they tend to pick up Hindi better than South Indians.

Take it easy. I have been to different states in South India and in general people understand Hindi better than they understand English. Opposition to Hindi is more about sub-nationalism and less about jobs, IT and other practical stuff. Did the "Educated" and politically active South Indians ever take views of the "South Indians" before imposing an alien language like English over the "South Indians"? I don't think so.

That was racist. Enough with this Aryan Dravidian BS. It has been scientifically proven that the Indian gene pool is generally uniform. Aryan Invasion theory was a British invention to divide Indians.

Read its comment on North Indians. He said they "... consider us inferior".

----
This is an article Hindi nationalist will love to not read:
Dravida Nadu: What If The South Seceded From The Republic Of India?

Dravidian Separatists should not impose their dreams on South Indians. We know well how the Dravidian movement fizzled out after getting zero support from the Indian Dravidian states. If that doesn't convince you then take the LTTE example to convince yourself on what happens when secessionists try to take on a stable nation state. It will be devastating but it will be done. I am sure not even the Tamils will be on your side.

Read its comment on North Indians. He said they "... consider us inferior".

Why do you care about the comments from a foreigner? He is most probably a LTTE sympathizer. Let him claim that Tamils are from Mars, who cares?

As far as this language issue is concerned this is strictly a domestic issue, we will sort it out between ourselves.

Dravidian Separatists should not impose their dreams on South Indians.
that was written by a Bengali. Dravidistan is not even a reality, neither am advocating - but the article shows you, without Hindi, south have progressed much. but, the pure Hindi speaking UP, Bihar as well as Bengal and majority northern India remains backward except for some regions.

Why do you care about the comments from a foreigner? He is most probably a LTTE sympathizer. Let him claim that Tamils are from Mars, who cares?

As far as this language issue is concerned this is strictly a domestic issue, we will sort it out between ourselves.

Your avatar is very befitting of where they came from (and maybe where they still are).

Take it easy. I have been to different states in South India and in general people understand Hindi better than they understand English. Opposition to Hindi is more about sub-nationalism and less about jobs, IT and other practical stuff. Did the "Educated" and politically active South Indians ever take views of the "South Indians" before imposing an alien language like English over the "South Indians"? I don't think so.
I agree with your view....
----
This is an article Hindi nationalist will love to not read:
Dravida Nadu: What If The South Seceded From The Republic Of India?
Your avatar is very befitting of where they came from (and maybe where they still are).
Some one needs to lock you up...before you rape somone else in Delhi.

that was written by a Bengali. Dravidistan is not even a reality, neither am advocating - but the article shows you, without Hindi, south have progressed much. but, the pure Hindi speaking UP, Bihar as well as Bengal and majority northern India remains backward except for some regions.

Language and development are separate issues.

Tamil is a defeated language still held on by a certain group in a futile attempt to disrupt the unity of India. Such people are agents of discord and antinationalists.

It is not like Tamil nationalists never dreamed about Dravidistan. They tried to invoke the Dravidian pride but failed miserably because they could not find any local or regional support. This language issue is particularly concentrated in and around Tamilnadu. I am yet to hear a politician from Karnataka or AP commenting on this issue. That is why I keep reminding the Tamils that Tamils have no right to speak on behalf of all South Indians.

language and culture(progressiveness) is surely related. doesn't it?

In that case why don't you reject your mother tongue and start speaking Norwegian?

Tamils have no right to speak on behalf of all South Indians.
That is true considering Dravidian movement made Tamil nationalism, making Tamil temperament different from other southerners who are refined and mellow pleasant personalities. however, Hindi speakers have no right to imagine Hindi imposition is correct. since, Hindi nationalism is also very similar to Tamil envisaging a greater Tamilakom. case closed?

That is true considering Dravidian movement made Tamil nationalism, making Tamil temperament different from other southerners who are refined and mellow pleasant personalities. however, Hindi speakers have no right to imagine Hindi imposition is correct. since, Hindi nationalism is also very similar to Tamil envisaging a greater Tamilakom. case closed?

Not so fast. Hindi Imposition itself is a debatable term. Promoting Hindi over English cannot be interpreted as "imposition". You know what is hilarious? Tamil politicians aren't fighting for protecting the status of Tamil language, they are fighting for protecting the status of English. This issue is being covered mainly by the English media in India.

The debate has just started.

You know what is hilarious? Tamil politicians aren't fighting for protecting the status of Tamil language, they are fighting for protecting the status of English. This issue is being covered mainly by the English media in India.
Well, That's were north Indians fails to understand Southern POV. English is the logical choice over Hindi for most of us. We in south India prefer English over Hindi for education or for conversation with a foreign(including Hindi) language speaker. NI folks will generally won't understand it. for us, English or Hindi - both are Videshi.
zyaada tar Deccani logon ko Hindi bolne me koi aitraaz nahin, leikin ye sochna bhi galat hei, ki Hindi rashtr bhasha hei aur har bharatiya Hindi me waaqif ho.

Well, That's were north Indians fails to understand Southern POV. English is the logical choice over Hindi for most of us. We in south India prefer English over Hindi for education or for conversation with a foreign(including Hindi) language speaker. NI folks will generally won't understand it. for us, English or Hindi - both are Videshi.
zyaada tar Deccani logon ko Hindi bolne me koi aitraaz nahin, leikin ye sochna bhi galat hei, ki Hindi rashtr bhasha hei aur har bharatiya Hindi me waaqif ho.

Something is really wrong with this profile. The choice of words and the flag.

Back
Top Bottom