What's new

Online grocery store concept in Pakistan

Furqanrehman

New Recruit

Reaction score
Slam to everyone,

I am new in this community, hope you all will corporate.

From last few months i was working on a concept of online grocery store in Pakistan. I try to find someone research report for this concept. I found that most of the people are ready to adopt this trend.

We think that why we should use this channel when we have some many general stores and super stores. Yes this is right, but to prove the online grocery as good than physical store ill mention example here

If your in store to buy a food product. Let’s say 2 or 3 companies are offering the same product. than how will you find the best product your looking for as we don’t read the whole label of each product because it take a lot of time if we do the some with each product? At online store you will see products at website and the ingredients’ will mentioned. You can read without any fear of time waste because you are at home. And you can also read the comments of the users who consume that product.

We can offer free delivery to our customers as we are saving the rent of building of super store. We have virtual store.

The organization will work as virtual organization. Most of the operations of the organization will b outsource. Like the supply of goods from the stock holders. Labor also from them at wages. trucks also at rent.

We can place a minimum limit of shopping like you have to buy minimum 5000 worth product to get free delivery.

There are lot of things that can be discussed and settled with round table discussions.

I need your comments about this concept. What are the limitations and how to improve?

Thanks

Dear i was thinking about the same concept from few months and today tried to search something about it and reached here.
I have found few companies doing the same business on internet but they are too costly.
for this business one should not keep such a big margin like double than market price, the products should be delivered at the same or relatively the same price and marketing should be at the peak of the products according to me then one can succeed, I wanna talk to you on this in details for better ideas if you can contact me at (ajaitalreja at ymail.com)

perishable products is not a good idea... make it dry fruits... they can be sold easily online, payment on delivery...

dear furqan and ajay
can u plz give me ur contact details
i want to talk to u about the online shopping concept
thank you
regards
muhammad Nasir

Its not going to work. Yoour fruits will get rotten by the time you ship. In what areas of Pakistan do you plan to have shipping centers? I'd start in one location, then move on.

Its not going to work. Yoour fruits will get rotten by the time you ship. In what areas of Pakistan do you plan to have shipping centers? I'd start in one location, then move on.

dear jellodragon

actually we are planning to start this concept one by one and as far as ur thought about fruits rotten so we are not going to ship these things we actually start the business locally and every thing available here freshly

any other suggestion would be appreciated

thanks
regards
Muhammad Nasir

If really require a website then please contact me ASAP:Ozair:blueaxe_101@hotmail.com

Hi, came across this discussion thread while searching on the subject. We run a hybrid grocery commerce platform in India called AaramShop, which a unique model and we are keen to bring it to Pakistan. Please visit aaramshop com for more info.

Traditional ecommerce models in grocery business have failed due to a number of reasons including the following:
1. low margins - brands that really sell (regular use personal care and foods etc) are not available on deep discount. Brands would offer a margin range of 7 to 15% only.
2. lack of support for private labels - introducing private labels with higher margins is an option, but carry a lot of risks.
3. Warehousing is expensive - there are too many products and too many SKUs, a lot of them need refrigeration and have expiry dates.
4. Delivery costs - Average order value is about or sub 1000/- which allows for about a 100/- margin, making delivery costs beyond a few kilometers enviable and hence scalability becomes a problem.
5. COD is an expensive option - limited folks use credit card (which also has a high fee for the retailer) and hence Cash on Delivery is the only option, which comes with risks.
6. Returns - is a huge problem especially if you do non-packaged stuff like veggies etc.
7. Non-packaged is a NO NO - please don't even try it, it is not scalable unless you have millions in funds and comes with HUGE potential risks.

There are a bunch of other reasons which I can share which make it a very tough model in case you follow a traditional e-commerce model, however, our business model is based on leveraging the strengths of existing independent neighborhood retailers. The model is hybrid as it combines the advantages of "online" like ease and access with the strengths of "offline" like stocking, delivery and trust of the retailer within the neighborhood.

We have thousands of retailers across India who are already on the platform and I believe it is a model that will work well across emerging economies of the region. There are a number of USPs of the AaramShop model including free services for retailers & consumers, additional business for the retailers, no inventory and hence an asset light model, etc.

Would be happy to discuss the opportunities, revenue streams, etc, that could emerge from the model. You could contact me at contact_vijay at hot mail.

There is no infrastructure in Pakistan to achive that and most people do not have credit cards to use online

perishable products is not a good idea... make it dry fruits... they can be sold easily online, payment on delivery...

persihable products are home delivered here in the u.s. why not in Pakistan? you just need a cooler or a portable one etc.

But for OP idea to work these products needs to be personally delivered, not through some central carrier where goods can become damaged.

Then you have to take into account that this delivery carrier will probably get robbed a few times

As stated there is no infrastructure in place for such a mega project things work in Western economies because they invest in infrastructure and give big loans to companies to implement these ideas

An Amma Jee in Pakistan will prefer to go to Sabzimandi vs online purchase because she loves to haggle the price down its a cultural thing

The biggest draw for online grocery stores in developed countries is not choice or price, but delivery convenience. People would rather not spend an hour in the grocery store after a hard day at work.

However, in developing countries, labor is cheap. You can order your servant to go pick up the groceries. Also, many neighborhood stores will deliver the goods for free anyway, and you can build a personal relationship with the owner to guarantee quality products, so why go to an online store?

Still, there might be a niche market to exploit...

Today many people/internet users buying home/computer/etc stuff from Pakistan Online shopping. I was also bought many things from online shopping websites. From 100 PKR - 1,50,000PKR.... many friends of mine bought LCDs/LEDz/ iPad/Fones etc bought from OSW.

Here are the list of Pakistan's well known online shopping websites,

Online Shopping Pakistan | Buy Mobile Phones | Watches in Pakistan | Blackberry | IPhone | HTC Online
Online Shopping In Pakistan | Nokia | HTC | Anderoid | Samsung | Apple | Tablet Pc | Cameras | Watches :: Symbios.pk
iShopping.Pk - Pakistan's Fastest Growing Online Shopping Network. Online Shopping in Pakistan. Karachi - Lahore - Islamabad - Peshawar - Rawalpindi
Galaxy... Pakistan's Leading Computer Store.. Best Computer Prices in Pakistan
Online Shopping in Pakistan - Mobile Phones, Laptops, Electronics, Computers, Games and more - Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad... - GoShopping
http://www.buypakistan.com/
Shophive - Online shopping in Pakistan | Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Printers and more
Shoptime.pk - Online shopping in Pakistan | Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Printers and more
working hard to serve you better
Online Shopping in Pakistan, Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad | Buy Laptops, Mobiles, Accessories, Cameras, Gaming Products
ShopRex: Online Shopping in Pakistan Buy Mobiles | Cameras | Tablet PC
Mobile Prices in Pakistan, Online Shopping Pakistan | CellMart.pk
Pakistan's First Online Shopping Website Just 4 Girls!
Online Shopping Mall in Pakistan | Online Shopping Center in Pakistan - Buy online In Pakistan
http://www.onlinebazaar.pk/
Royal Watches ! Pakistan's Leading Online Shop Of Watches and Sunglasses
Online Mobile Shopping Pakistan - Best Price Home delivery in karachi lahore islamabad rawalpindi and all pakistan
http://www.beliscity.com

and list goes on.....

Slam to everyone,

I am new in this community, hope you all will corporate.

From last few months i was working on a concept of online grocery store in Pakistan. I try to find someone research report for this concept. I found that most of the people are ready to adopt this trend.

We think that why we should use this channel when we have some many general stores and super stores. Yes this is right, but to prove the online grocery as good than physical store ill mention example here

If your in store to buy a food product. Let’s say 2 or 3 companies are offering the same product. than how will you find the best product your looking for as we don’t read the whole label of each product because it take a lot of time if we do the some with each product? At online store you will see products at website and the ingredients’ will mentioned. You can read without any fear of time waste because you are at home. And you can also read the comments of the users who consume that product.

We can offer free delivery to our customers as we are saving the rent of building of super store. We have virtual store.

The organization will work as virtual organization. Most of the operations of the organization will b outsource. Like the supply of goods from the stock holders. Labor also from them at wages. trucks also at rent.

We can place a minimum limit of shopping like you have to buy minimum 5000 worth product to get free delivery.

There are lot of things that can be discussed and settled with round table discussions.

I need your comments about this concept. What are the limitations and how to improve?

Thanks

Sir you require a website then please contact me ASAP : blueaxe_101@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom