What's new

One, Two, Three, Four, I declare a trade war.

the truth is, Huawai is actually banned by U.S., Huawai is more than a cell phone producer.
Huawai = CISCO+SAMSUMG+...
let Huawai only sell cell phones in U.S. just like Google only manages its email service in China.
by the way, Apple is not banned in China, too. iPhone is very popular for most people.
China just does what U.S. gov. did to China companies, putting them outside the shopping list of govt.

You don't understand why US ban foreign company to bid or take over local telecommunication infrastructure.

The top secret material from each Governmental Department are stored with Standalone computer/server with direct line or intranet to a certain outlet (ie White House, SCIF or off site information process centre) and you cannot remotely hack those information over the internet as there are no internet outlet (No gateway) to the Internet, only access is the direct line

Say if the US government allow Huawei to build Land Line Exchanges in the Capital District, they can tap into the hard line and filter the information out. That is the only way you can hack those FYEO information.

That's why US only allow US company to do Infrastructure within the US.

I don't know about how sensitive information is stored in China, but I would imagine that would probably be the same, hence, you wont see Chinese Allowing Foreign Company to bid with Chinese infrastructure.

Hence, Huawei is not a good example

@Gufi

That's why US only allow US company to do Infrastructure within the US.
The issue comes when US has tapped sim cards and has tapped into cell phone messages and that is what we know. How can American products really be trusted after the NSA scandal. It is clear how far American government can go to spy on China and naturally there would be fear in the mind of Chinese government also. When you are comparing the USA and China you have to take into account many factors which you have not in your thinking

Hauwei isn't banned from selling its products to US consumers, they just don't compete well with the more established brands like Apple or Samsung.
Ok i have respect for both of you guys because you are mature posters and actual professionals. The thing you need to do with this article is to divide it into portions and read it.
There is unfair pricing in Starbucks which should be addressed to match the incomes and the actual costs.
KFC and food safety I think both of you would agree with that.
Apple the headline can be my argument
NSA leaker Edward Snowden refuses to use Apple's iPhone over spying concerns - report
@SvenSvensonov

"Huawei, the major Chinese company was banned from bidding for US government contracts"

From Huawei banned in the United States

As @jhungary notes, all foreign telecommunications companies are banned from investing in US infrastructure and each will be selected on a case-by-case basis for US government usage.

Hauwei isn't banned from selling its products to US consumers, they just don't compete well with the more established brands like Apple or Samsung.

Thank you!!! This seems really, really hard for people to understand. Hauwei is banned from investing in US infrastructure or bidding for government contracts, but it isn't banned in other US industries. I can still buy one of their phones, that isn't banned, I just don't want to considering I have other options that I consider superior.

Hauwei isn't banned in the US people!!!

Exclusive: Huawei plans big push to sell its phones, wearable devices in U.S.

Two years after U.S. legislators branded it a national security threat, China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd is planning a campaign to win over U.S. consumers, rolling out new mobile phones and wearable devices backed by a marketing effort.

China's second-largest smartphone maker, already with more than $40 billion in annual revenue from a wide range of telecom gear and products, is preparing to introduce Americans to several of its smartphones and wearable devices this year, including its youth-oriented "Honor" phone, Huawei officials told Reuters.

The company's 2015 U.S. plans, which have not been previously reported, will encompass traditional advertising, online promotion and sports team sponsorships, said Huawei's U.S. spokesman Bill Plummer.

Huawei is changing its approach to marketing as it tries to shed its image as a purveyor of cheap technology products - a common perception issue for many Chinese companies. It's an important shift for a company that for years had been single-mindedly focused on engineering and relatively dismissive of consumer branding.

In December, it touted its new Honor 6 Plus phone on a billboard in New York's Times Square. Plummer said that was "a sign of things to come."

He declined to say how much Huawei will spend on its new marketing campaign or what sports team, or teams, it had in mind. It already sponsors London soccer club Arsenal, cricket teams in India and rugby clubs in Australia.

NEW SMARTWATCH

At the Mobile World Congress over the weekend in Barcelona, Huawei took the wraps off a smartwatch that will be sold in over 20 countries including the U.S.

Huawei now intends to appeal directly to consumers with several new phone models, both low end and high end. It hopes to secure deals with carriers, selling online through marketplaces, such as the one operated by Amazon.com, and on its own fledgling gethuawei.com U.S. direct-sales website.

It's unclear how open the carriers, who dominate U.S. sales, would be to carrying phones from Huawei, a brand that remains unknown to the majority of American smartphone users. Reviews of its high-end phones, which can cost hundreds of dollars without a plan, have been generally positive.

Still, the U.S. market is dominated by Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Samsung Electronics (005930.KS). None of the four biggest U.S. carriers - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile - currently sell Huawei phones on their websites and all declined to say whether they have had talks with the Chinese company.

Huawei said in 2013 it would focus on other markets after its products were labeled a national security risk in a U.S. Congressional report, which said Beijing could use Huawei equipment for spying. Huawei denied the report, but Chief Executive Ren Zhengfei, who founded the company after leaving the Chinese military, told reporters at the time he felt stuck in a U.S.-China trade war.

A White House-ordered review found no evidence of spying.

Lawmakers' concerns revolve primarily around Huawei's networking equipment. And analysts say that a lack of brand recognition is a bigger hurdle for Huawei's smartphone ambitions than pressures from Washington.

Huawei currently has less than 1 percent of the U.S. market, according to research firm IDC. But it can perhaps draw inspiration from China's ZTE Corp 000063.SZ (0763.HK), which has gained 6.4 percent of the U.S. market by selling cheaper smartphones and working with second-tier carriers like Boost Mobile, according to Ramon Llamas, a research manager at IDC.

Online sales, particularly as no-contract plans that require consumers to purchase a full-price phone gain in popularity, represent perhaps the best option for Huawei, said Gartner analyst C.K. Lu, adding that he sees it having a tough time signing carriers.

“The U.S. market is tough for anybody except Apple and Samsung,” said Lu.

Huawei's plan to broaden its U.S. offering is part of a campaign for "normalizing" perceptions of Huawei in America and elsewhere, said Plummer.

Though he declined to spell out what normalization entailed, most public discussion of the company has centered around the debate of whether its equipment allows China to spy on the United States, and until now Huawei has kept a low profile.

Other Chinese companies still prefer that route: another major Chinese handset maker, Xiaomi, has said it will take its first steps onto U.S. soil without smartphones, choosing instead to sell earphones and other accessories to test the market.

From Exclusive: Huawei plans big push to sell its phones, wearable devices in U.S.| Reuters

I never said Huawei as a phone was banned from sale. That's insane, maybe I should have been more clear and I was after the first post. CISCO is now banned in China and apparently that's not fair play. Apparently us banning CISCO is like nazies killing Jewish people, just evil and uncalled for.

The issue comes when US has tapped sim cards and has tapped into cell phone messages and that is what we know. How can American products really be trusted after the NSA scandal. It is clear how far American government can go to spy on China and naturally there would be fear in the mind of Chinese government also. When you are comparing the USA and China you have to take into account many factors which you have not in your thinking

You have to have infrastructure support to tap sim card and phone message. You cannot tap a person's sim card with a handheld reader. Unless you are holding at that person's phone.

I can sell you a sim card with filtering algorithm in it, but without it's infrastructure network (Cell tower, data server and Transfer network) where do I read the data I tapped?? How do those data come to my procession then?

That's why I always say, you cannot tap anything with software alone, indeed you can manipulate or copy any data ran thru that software, but without hardware support, you cannot get any of those information.

Edward Snowden: NSA spying on billions of phones | Al Jazeera America
why do this then
You have to have infrastructure support to tap sim card and phone message. You cannot tap a person's sim card with a handheld reader. Unless you are holding at that person's phone.

However, by rebuttals are still present in Genesis' responses to them, so at least they are partially visible.
will read them, always open to different opinions. Plus I want that airplane ride :P

I never said Huawei as a phone was banned from sale. That's insane, maybe I should have been more clear and I was after the first post. CISCO is now banned in China and apparently that's not fair play. Apparently us banning CISCO is like nazies killing Jewish people, just evil and uncalled for.

lol, China ban CISCO because of the Snowden report, but that dude, as I said repeatedly, knows nothing......

Router (Which is what CISCO do, beside Network Solution) cannot affect much of Internet Security. The damage is not really as much as you can do with Standard Information Exchange or Server Exchange. Because of one simple function router is lacking. That's switching Line.

Now imagine this, if you want to hack a system, at some point you need to connect to the system DIRECTLY. Say like
You have a network from Network A to Network B then to Network C, you have to have an opening between A to B or B to C or A to C to capture the data you spied, so you can read it. Unless you are the destination where those information are going, there are no way you can read those data, is this clear enough??

Now, what router do is to connect two connection on one end and the other, that mean you either connect network A and network B or network B and network C. But for you to listen to the data, you need the system to connect to your network, that's network D.

However, a router cannot connect to more than one connection on each end (You either connect to network A on one end and connect to network B on the other, you cannot connect Network A and Network D on one end, or connect Network B and Network D on the other) As router does not dictate where the information goes, that's the job of the exchange.

Look at your home gate way, does your router connect to a computer thru nothing? No. It either connect with a microwave (Wifi) or thru a Cat 5 cable. And you cannot alter where that cable goes. So, you cannot alter the direction of information flow in a router. Again, that's the job for the exchanges...by following the information packet. The packet have a destination network Address, in this case C, and a router cannot change them from C to D, as they are in the data packet, not in the router

That is why Huawei Router is still allow to sell in US, I don't know if you understand the concept of hacking...

Over-priced ! But so addicting...! :mad:

Grande caramel macchiato -- is $5.25 where i'm at.
Nah...... nothing beats Tim Hortons

tim-hortons.jpg

lol, China ban CISCO because of the Snowden report, but that dude, as I said repeatedly, knows nothing......

Router (Which is what CISCO do, beside Network Solution) cannot affect much of Internet Security. The damage is not really as much as you can do with Standard Information Exchange or Server Exchange. Because of one simple function router is lacking. That's switching Line.

Now imagine this, if you want to hack a system, at some point you need to connect to the system DIRECTLY. Say like
You have a network from Network A to Network B then to Network C, you have to have an opening between A to B or B to C or A to C to capture the data you spied, so you can read it. Unless you are the destination where those information are going, there are no way you can read those data, is this clear enough??

Now, what router do is to connect two connection on one end and the other, that mean you either connect network A and network B or network B and network C. But for you to listen to the data, you need the system to connect to your network, that's network D.

However, a router cannot connect to more than one connection on each end (You either connect to network A on one end and connect to network B on the other, you cannot connect Network A and Network D on one end, or connect Network B and Network D on the other) As router does not dictate where the information goes, that's the job of the exchange.

Look at your home gate way, does your router connect to a computer thru nothing? No. It either connect with a microwave (Wifi) or thru a Cat 5 cable. And you cannot alter where that cable goes. So, you cannot alter the direction of information flow in a router. Again, that's the job for the exchanges...by following the information packet. The packet have a destination network Address, in this case C, and a router cannot change them from C to D, as they are in the data packet, not in the router

That is why Huawei Router is still allow to sell in US, I don't know if you understand the concept of hacking...
Whether Snowden knows something or not is irrelevant. China doesn't need an American to know what America is doing. Anybody with a peanut for a brain knows America is spying.

The point of the post is China is within its rights to ban CISCO and Americans crying foul play is pot calling the cattle black, which I'm fine with, but these fools seems to not know how black they are.

As to your "lecture" save it for someone with an art degree.

How Chinese people accept to buy Iphone at much higher price than their neighbors, while Iphone was made in China?
As I know, Samsung and Microsoft Mobiles phone made in Vietnam has the cheapest level in Vietnam compare to exported phones.

About Starbuck issue. It's at expensive leverage. everywhere.
You can't claim about that while it's not feeding you everyday.

Let choose the coffee fit your pocket. Others with bigger wallets would proud of their presence in Starbuck. Just like the way some ladies love their luxury bags.

Last edited:
Whether Snowden knows something or not is irrelevant. China doesn't need an American to know what America is doing. Anybody with a peanut for a brain knows America is spying.

The point of the post is China is within its rights to ban CISCO and Americans crying foul play is pot calling the cattle black, which I'm fine with, but these fools seems to not know how black they are.

As to your "lecture" save it for someone with an art degree.

lol, then what is your point??

If a decision was make then a decision was make, if you don't care about how American Opinion to the decision making of the Chinese, then why DO YOU CARE IF AMERICAN WAS CRYING FOUL??

As you said, China do what they do and believe in what they do, other people's ability or opinion is irreverent, then the reverse should also be true, you can do what you do, but you cannot say the American cry foul or that's not fair, as this is also irreverent, this is what American do..

You can't have it both way. Either you don't care about anything and do what you do, thus you cannot care more about American Whining, or you do put other consideration into your practices, then you CAN HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT AMERICAN WHINING.

But you simply can't do what you feel like, and expect, people outside your domain of control, have an opinion over it.

The real price of a cup of StarBucks only 1 USD, earn more in U.S/China and earn less in PHP ... anyway StarBucks still can earn money. Maybe PHP local can grow the coffee beans, only HaiNan island of South China can grow beans ... so add transportation cost and Coffee Bean is expensive than Green Tea in China.

We have places that grow coffee here. Anyways, it is likely that once factor that coffee in Starbucks is expensive is because it is imported; the prices of Starbucks coffee is likely pegged to the earned money of people in country, as the coffee of Starbucks here is also regarded as expensive.

Their chocolate chip cookies and cheese danish are also to die for. I always end up buying those, lol.

Oh yes, who could forget their red velvet cheese cake. mmhmm... :smitten:

Well I only drink venti Hot Chocolate here and sometimes I eat doughnut, although drinking that amount of chocolate can also lead to the feeling of being "dry" or thirsty. :o:

I am a frequent Starbucks goer, my favorite Caffe Mocha Vente (Large), RMB 36.00, ~ US$ 6

I and my friends mock at that CCTV coverage on Starbucks pricing, come on there's nothing wrong. It's a fully competitive market, no/low market entry barrier, non-strategic industry, give them a break. I would say Starbucks China management (headed by some HK/Taiwan professional managers) is probably the one of the best marketing teams ever, they accurately position their product/service, accurately identify their target market segment (the "neo generation", white collars), fully understand customer expectations (e.g. longer average on-premise duration/time, higher on-premise sales volume, preference of in-store atmosphere, etc), accurate communications strategy (through working with top ad/PR agencies), and execute accurate pricing strategy (including my $6 Caffe Mocha Vente; Note, "affordability" is one of the 3A check-list for marketing professionals) to optimize their financial objectives. Simply said, it's marketing.

Their accurate marketing was rewarded by overwhelming success over the older models of cafe, and now the competition is quick to respond as old brands re-position themselves (or leave the market), and late comers like SPR (TW), Pacific (HK), Maan's (SK), Cafe Bene (SK), Costa (UK), etc., join the market. Other than chain-stores, there even more stand-alone cafes that join the market by providing differentiating and unique experience.

It's just business, and yes, this is China nowadays.

Well I only go to Starbucks for hot chocolate. But like in other countries, the PH has local coffee shops the competes with Starbucks.

Starbucks sells coffee at a price higher than in America, even though it's cost is lower. Apple have no same day release, it's policies are discriminatory to Chinese people, in the sense that Americans can return their iPhones, Chinese can't, and we are not even talking about the service stations, the extra cost, and more. KFC sent China poisonous food, ok, no one actually tried to defend that one. Except that China has poisonous food, and that somehow justifies American companies.

Defenders of these companies will point to Chinese don't have to buy them at that price or service.

I read that Apple has that policy, hearing terrible, but base on the fact that, at initial they allow, but several Chinese replace the genuine parts in their Iphone by fake ones and return to them. Now you blame Apple ?

Even Apple set the rule, no return if no error, if you accept you buy, ... and you agree to buy under that rule. No one could blame Apple for that.

Did Starbucks lie to you? No they have the right to set any price which is higher or much higher than cost. They don't break the rule.

But, if they dominate the market and keep the price under cost for killing the competition, they broken the competition rule

Back
Top Bottom