What's new

One, Two, Three, Four, I declare a trade war.

I wonder what is the typical price of a Starbucks coffee in US$ and Renminbi.

In PHP, a Cafe Latte is usually priced like these:

Small - PHP 110 (RMB 15.61, USD 2.49)
Medium - PHP 125 (RMB 17.74, USD 2.83)
Large - PHP 135 (RMB 19.16, USD 3.06)
Cheaper than China Starbuck Coffee, i remember > 20.0 RMB for one cup. In China they sell Starbuck Coffe price higher than local Red Wine ... :devil::crazy:

910519136,913704.jpg

Last edited:
i seldom go to this coffee shop, but according to my limited experience, China price is double of that in PHP.
I wonder what is the typical price of a Starbucks coffee in US$ and Renminbi.

In PHP, a Cafe Latte is usually priced like these:

Small - PHP 110 (RMB 15.61, USD 2.49)
Medium - PHP 125 (RMB 17.74, USD 2.83)
Large - PHP 135 (RMB 19.16, USD 3.06)

i seldom go to this coffee shop, but according to my limited experience, China price is double of that in PHP.
Cheaper than China Starbuck Coffee, i remember > 20.0 RMB for one cup. In China they sell Starbuck Coffe price higher than local Red Wine ... :devil::crazy:

View attachment 199539

That is strange; why are the prices of coffee in Starbucks in China and US are more expensive than here?

I wonder what those people in Starbucks were thinking about the differences in price.

View attachment 199539
That is strange; why are the prices of coffee in Starbucks in China and US are more expensive than here?

I wonder what those people in Starbucks were thinking about the differences in price.

I am a frequent Starbucks goer, my favorite Caffe Mocha Vente (Large), RMB 36.00, ~ US$ 6

I and my friends mock at that CCTV coverage on Starbucks pricing, come on there's nothing wrong. It's a fully competitive market, no/low market entry barrier, non-strategic industry, give them a break. I would say Starbucks China management (headed by some HK/Taiwan professional managers) is probably the one of the best marketing teams ever, they accurately position their product/service, accurately identify their target market segment (the "neo generation", white collars), fully understand customer expectations (e.g. longer average on-premise duration/time, higher on-premise sales volume, preference of in-store atmosphere, etc), accurate communications strategy (through working with top ad/PR agencies), and execute accurate pricing strategy (including my $6 Caffe Mocha Vente; Note, "affordability" is one of the 3A check-list for marketing professionals) to optimize their financial objectives. Simply said, it's marketing.

Their accurate marketing was rewarded by overwhelming success over the older models of cafe, and now the competition is quick to respond as old brands re-position themselves (or leave the market), and late comers like SPR (TW), Pacific (HK), Maan's (SK), Cafe Bene (SK), Costa (UK), etc., join the market. Other than chain-stores, there even more stand-alone cafes that join the market by providing differentiating and unique experience.

It's just business, and yes, this is China nowadays.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder why coffee would be much expensive in US :o:

Their chocolate chip cookies and cheese danish are also to die for. I always end up buying those, lol.

Oh yes, who could forget their red velvet cheese cake. mmhmm... :smitten:

The real price of a cup of StarBucks only 1 USD, earn more in U.S/China and earn less in PHP ... anyway StarBucks still can earn money. Maybe PHP local can grow the coffee beans, only HaiNan island of South China can grow beans ... so add transportation cost and Coffee Bean is expensive than Green Tea in China.

Huawei is not allow to bid on US infrastructure project for security reason, the US does not allow coreign company to bid on Local telecommunication infrastructure, they also refused Singtel for it.
sir every country sets their boundaries... It does not mean the ones set by the US are the law of the world. If America can set laws for one section of the market China can expand to others. Either there should be no laws on both sides or the countries should decide the level of control they want

I think Starbucks is out and places like Panera Bread are in.
Starbucks has been out for a while now. Anything corporate is out. Independent shops are where it's at.

I am a frequent Starbucks goer, my favorite Caffe Mocha Vente (Large), RMB 36.00, ~ US$ 6

I and my friends mock at that CCTV coverage on Starbucks pricing, come on there's nothing wrong. It's a fully competitive market, no/low market entry barrier, non-strategic industry, give them a break. I would say Starbucks China management (headed by some HK/Taiwan professional managers) is probably the one of the best marketing teams ever, they accurately position their product/service, accurately identify their target market segment (the "neo generation", white collars), fully understand customer expectations (e.g. longer average on-premise duration/time, higher on-premise sales volume, preference of in-store atmosphere, etc), accurate communications strategy (through working with top ad/PR agencies), and execute accurate pricing strategy (including my $6 Caffe Mocha Vente; Note, "affordability" is one of the 3A check-list for marketing professionals) to optimize their financial objectives. Simply said, it's marketing.

Their accurate marketing was rewarded by overwhelming success over the older models of cafe, and now the competition is quick to respond as old brands re-position themselves (or leave the market), and late comers like SPR (TW), Pacific (HK), Maan's (SK), Cafe Bene (SK), Costa (UK), etc., join the market. Other than chain-stores, there even more stand-alone cafes that join the market by providing differentiating and unique experience.

It's just business, and yes, this is China nowadays.
not the point of my post just that, China can attack these practices the same way US is attacking China over quality of some products.

red velvet cheese cake.
you had to say that... now its 2 am n i want some :cray:

China America trade rivalry has been going on for a while, recently there are talks of how "unfair" it is that China is prosecuting American companies. The truth is far from it.
did you write this or is it an article somewhere....

Never posted articles from other people.
Wonderfully written then tag me on your future posts please. A real thought out article. You should mention that there should either be no laws against any companies doing business in either country or that both countries may make laws as they see fit.

sir every country sets their boundaries... It does not mean the ones set by the US are the law of the world. If America can set laws for one section of the market China can expand to others. Either there should be no laws on both sides or the countries should decide the level of control they want

Well, I think you misunderstood my point.

It's only natural to have local company to bid on local telecommunication infrastructure, hence Huawei is no 1 in that field (As Chinese have the biggest market). I would have imagine that China will ban a bid from AT&T on supplying Local infrastructure and equipment (laying cable, setting up exchange and what not).

This is not about American setting the Law, or anything, this is about universal, I don't believe you want an American company setting up your telephone line for you right?

The US actually listed Telephone network as strategic asset, so they are with the same requirement for Arms purchasing, which mean no foreign company allowed.

Back
Top Bottom