What's new

On This Day in 2002: PAF shoots down an Israeli UAV

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
2002: PAF shoots down Israeli UAV near Kasur
Pakistan says spy plane evidence of nexus between Israel, India.

Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshall Mushaff Ali Mir, said the Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) shot down by Pakistan Air Force near Kasur was an Israeli spy plane launched from Indian territory. He said the spy plane was being operated by Israelis and had manufacturing signatures of Israel Aircraft Industries. The Air Chief said the spy plane did not have any Indian markings. "It was an Israeli UAV. The Israeli operatives were using it for India."
Radio Pakistan

2002: PAF shoots down Israeli UAV near Kasur
Pakistan says spy plane evidence of nexus between Israel, India.

Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshall Mushaff Ali Mir, said the Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) shot down by Pakistan Air Force near Kasur was an Israeli spy plane launched from Indian territory. He said the spy plane was being operated by Israelis and had manufacturing signatures of Israel Aircraft Industries. The Air Chief said the spy plane did not have any Indian markings. "It was an Israeli UAV. The Israeli operatives were using it for India."
Radio Pakistan
It was an IAF operated, Searcher-II UAV shot down by AAM from PAF F-16B. There were two Searchers which was inside Pak territory for miles and hours,PAF got one and the other made it out safely.

IAF does not carry marking on its UAVs.

IAF_Searcher_display_PAF.jpg

But here it seems that Pakistan has added IAF roundels!

There is already a thread running.

it was 7th June i think
7th June 2002 bro.

A better celebration would have been to unveil a medium range SAM system :D

India has other high-end Israeli technology, not a stretch to think this is another example.

Genius!!!!

thats exactly what Indians are trying us to do ..to reveal both long range and medium range SAM systems to mark them for future SEAD or sabotage operations in case of open hostilities.

please promise me that you will do something safe in life like become an anchor or a banker because if you got any say in things you just said then only people who will tank you will be the Indians.

you didnt get me did you? @Windjammer @batmannow please help our friend here.

These airspace violations are done not to check the response times but to see the Air Defense units lighting up the intruders. This gives them location, response-time, capabilities, and all in all exposes what is meant to be hidden. Hence you see most airforces using planes to down UAV's not SAM systems.

India has other high-end Israeli technology, not a stretch to think this is another example.

Today yes, but those days were the just the initial honeymoon of Indo-Israeli cooperation that began in the late 90s.

Genius!!!!

thats exactly what Indians are trying us to do ..to reveal both long range and medium range SAM systems to mark them for future SEAD or sabotage operations in case of open hostilities.

please promise me that you will do something safe in life like become an anchor or a banker because if you got any say in things you just said then only people who will tank you will be the Indians.

you didnt get me did you? @Windjammer @batmannow please help our friend here.
Well since the subject incident transpired close to the mid-night hour, unveiling a SAM or any other system at that time virtually would have gone unnoticed that is unless you are called Suraj Singh.

Well since the subject incident transpired close to the mid-night hour, unveiling a SAM or any other system at that time virtually would have gone unnoticed that is unless you are called Suraj Singh.

Considering that there was no SAM system that existed that would have made the difference.. I dont see what the fuss is about.
It was an intruder that needed visual ID and warning as per SoP on intrusion. The F-7s from Minhas and the Mirages from rafiqui are not equipped for Day/night intercept(the Rafiqui based Mirages are not ROSE-I variants with the Grifo-M.. and the F-7PGs were not fully inducted by then)... Additionally, a visual at night on a target less than the size of a F-7 wing flying at less than 150 knots is quite difficult.. which is why the F-16s were scrambled to use their better radar to find and kill the bogey.

Not sure where the whole haver about secret SAMs and tactical lasers came in from?? o_O

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom