What's new

OMG, J-20 will be in service soon.

that would depend on how high or low the requirements for this bird set by the PLAAF are.

but to make something up to F22 standards, i think this bird still need another 10 years.

that would depend on how high or low the requirements for this bird set by the PLAAF are.

but to make something up to F22 standards, i think this bird still need another 10 years.

I hope Gates also thinks so about how long it will be something like an alien tech F-22.:coffee:

Last edited:
No, I don't know. I'm not a PLA general. I just expressed my feeling, from information saw in some serious forums.

Plus where did I mean the major difference of F119 and F135 is the TVC device in my post?

I am not doubting you,but the engine.Acturally I will be very happy if I was proven wrong on the FWS15 engine in 2015.You can dig this thread at that time and hopeful you can slap my face by posting tons of pictures regarding the FWS15 fitted on the J20.

I am not doubting you,but the engine.Acturally I will be very happy if I was proven wrong on the FWS15 engine in 2015.You can dig this thread at that time and hopeful you can slap my face by posting tons of pictures regarding the FWS15 fitted on the J20.

Bro, slap is not an option.:cheers:We are just estimating something.

1. I don't think China has ever have a tradition of making a tech demo first before a prototype as Western nations typically do.

2. History shows that whenever China was forced into a corner, CPC somehow would oput extreme pressure on scientists to come up with innovations. It's like in 60s, 70s and 90s when China was in deep strategic trouble against the US and the Soviet, then the next thing you know Chinese scientists came out with nukes, thermal bombs, stragetic ICBM, nuclear subs , 4th gen fighters and more missiles ( e.g. DF-21D) respectively.

This time is not much different when the US AC parked into the Yellow Sea and hurried the steps to encircle China, Chinese scientists must come up with sth new to responde... then we see J-20.

3. I wouldn't worry too much about the WS 15 engine even though I have no clue on how it's going at the moment, because, simple, China will get the engine done at this crucial stragetic time as she did previously, especially after so much media exposure we saw. No engine, no plane. There is no way back!

The difference is that unlike in 60s or 70s or 90s, this time China is the 2nd largest economy in the world with all the financial firepower and human resources ( high IQ human resources are China's single biggest gun) at her finger tips.

So sit back and enjoy the rise! :china:

Its definitely not at the YF-22 stage. It looks like the design stage is almost done.

Probably there will be changes, more like you know how the JF-17 changed from its 2003 first flight?

I cant see any pictures or understand any thing :(

P.S can we have adds like those we see on the link. I promise i'll click ;)

First, need to take out that canards, which will, offcourse add more RCS..

First, need to take out that canards, which will, offcourse add more RCS..

...That is about the same as designing a plane from scratch. What you are suggesting is changing the plane's configuration from delta-canard to conventional.

An post quoted from there:
验证机有两种,一种叫演示验证,一种叫工程验证。演示验证就是某些人说的所谓技术验证,这个阶段是没有工程编号的,也就是说还没有装备研制立项。研制立项后都有工程编号,这个阶段先出初样(有些项目不一定做初样,直接做正样),也就是工程验证机,主要性能测试通过后,就会马上做正样,正样就要做全面的测试和试验,通过后就可设计定型。

some rough translation: There are two types of demonstrators, demonstrating demonstrators and project demonstrators. The former, which are aslo called tech demonstrators by someone, have no project number, and not in an equipment project. The latter which have a project number(translator's note: like 01), are made before formal types(some projects has no prototype, only formal types), and in an equipment project. The design will be finalized after formal types passed tests.

Last edited:
An post quoted from there:

some rough translation: There are two types of demonstrators, demonstrating demonstrators and project demonstrators. The former, which are aslo called tech demonstrators by someone, have no project number, and not in an equipment project. The latter which have a project number(translator's note: like 01), are made before formal types(some projects has no prototype, only formal types), and in an equipment project. The design will be finalized after formal types passed tests.

"工程验证机" means 2001 is not even a prototype, still a long way.

but we don't know how CAC and PLAAF define this word.

it seems it has higher completeness than first T50.

You guys really underestimated TG this time.

The ws-15 will be a TVC engine with thrust at the same level of F-135, not F-119.
The most difficult of this project will be FLCS, and engine is not a big problem, said by some expect in a recent CCTV show, If I remember correctly. I think this is real, not huyou(to bamboozle).

F-135 has higher bypass ratio, which is more suitable for vetical takeoff/landing.

WS-15 has lower bypass ratio, which is more suitable for supercruise.

Last edited:

PPL like you also thought Pakistan needs like 15 years to build something like the Tomahawk.

HAH:tup:

J-10's prototype 1001 was also a 工程验证机, and so was the first JF-17 prototype. China's definition for "tech demonstrators" is very different from the Western definition.

From what I perceived including similarity to XiaoLong 01, I guess 2001 can be called a primary prototype like 初號機 in some Japanese cartoon.

Back
Top Bottom