What's new

Oman allows US military to use its two ports - Salalah & Duqm

You couldn't lift a candle to any of these Arab royals. Forgot about threatening them

You have been fighting 4 decades trying to annex Afghanistan and 7 decades trying to get Kashmir
some folks never give up :enjoy:
That's cute

There is a nexus of USA-India-Israel against Pakistan. This base will also be used by Israel and India against Pakistan. Israel's PM Netanyahu visit to Oman back in November is also connected to this. They want to encircle Pakistan and they also want to sabotage CPEC.

LOL, India and Israel are stated enemies as per Pakistan (your EX DM even threatened to nuke them). Then why the hell you you expect us to not use every opportunity possible to counter our threats ??? I bet Pakistan is also doing the same wherever possible.

Last edited:
More dangerous to Saudi Monarchy then Pakistan, US has been attempting to Isolate Saudia for a while now

It's hard to tell what is Saudia's objective to improve their regional image

So far,

Saudi - Qatar ties pretty much in ruins
Saudi - Iraq ties runined
Saudi - Iran ties historically ruined
Saudi - Yamen ties ruined recently
Saudi - Syrian ties ruined recently
Saudia - Turkish ties ruined also recently

While back home , they are trying to blame Saudia for certain past incidents, talks of taking them to courts , and talks of extracting money , their was a massive hoopla against the Saudi Crown Prince , on Kashogee incident no one knows the actual details who called the shots there

For Pakistan it is not that much of an issue considering , China is the one maintaining the port

In this moment in Time , Iran / Saudia are equally Isolated from many regional countries

A secondary view could be it is a effort to block supplies from Iran reaching Yamen or to Block Iranian Ships going out for trade

For Oman , it seems it is a easy ticket to get some US weapons
I am not sure what is status of their local Army or Airforce

US also had past interest in Yamen , so may be it is a way to keep an eye on things in Yamen

Whats puzzling is why 2 instead of 1 ?

Last edited:
Present situation in this region is pretty messy.
All nations are encircling this region ad getting ready for WW3.
arabian sea copy.jpg

(It may not be 100% accurate.)

Present situation in this region is pretty messy.
All nations are encircling this region ad getting ready for WW3.
View attachment 549412
(It may not be 100% accurate.)

Iran needs to take note of this situation and improve relations with Pakistan and move away from India. Unfortunately for them India is one of their biggest oil customers. No matter how you look at that it's not good for Iran.

Khazaris want to corner and surround Pakistani sea ports along with India. The Khazaris will get their ***@s beaten if they try to mess with the Pakistanis and its armed forces.

Americans and Israelis are not sitting well with the recent oil discovery in Pakistan by their lap dog organization Exxon Mobile.

Imran khan should arm Pakistan Navy with new and improve warships. This should be done quickly before its too late.

Last edited:
MUSCAT: Oman on Sunday said it had signed an agreement with the United States that would allow American ships and warplanes to take advantage of ports and airports.

The state-run Oman News Agency said the “framework agreement” was aimed at bolstering “Omani-American military relations” in a report on its English-language website.“It will allow the US forces to take advantage from the facilities offered at some of the Sultanate’s ports and airports during visits of the US military vessels and aircrafts, particularly in the port of Duqm,” it said.

Duqm port is located in southern Oman on the Arabian Sea and around 500 kilometres (310 miles) from the Strait of Hormuz.At the mouth of the Gulf, the strait is crucial to global energy supplies, with about a third of the world’s seaborne oil passing through it every day. Shiite Iran has repeatedly threatened to block the strait due to tensions with Sunni-ruled Gulf nations, including its main regional rival Saudi Arabia.

With an eye on Iran, U.S. clinches strategic port deal with Oman

The U.S. embassy in Oman said in a statement that the agreement governed U.S. access to facilities and ports in Duqm as well as in Salalah and “reaffirms the commitment of both countries to promoting mutual security goals.”

The accord is viewed through an economic prism by Oman, which wants to develop Duqm while preserving its Switzerland-like neutral role in Middle Eastern politics and diplomacy.

But it comes as the United States grows increasingly concerned about Iran’s expanding missile programs, which have improved in recent years despite sanctions and diplomatic pressure by the United States.

A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the deal was significant by improving access to ports that connect to a network of roads to the broader region, giving the U.S. military great resiliency in a crisis.

“We used to operate on the assumption that we could just steam into the Gulf,” one U.S. official said, adding, however, that “the quality and quantity of Iranian weapons raises concerns.”

Tehran has in the past threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz, a major oil shipping route at the mouth of the Gulf, in retaliation for any hostile U.S. action, including attempts to halt Iranian oil exports through sanctions.

Still, the U.S. official noted that the agreement would expand U.S. military options in the region for any kind of crisis.

Duqm is ideal port for large ships. It is even big enough to turn around an aircraft carrier, a second official said.

“The port itself is very attractive and the geostrategic location is very attractive, again being outside the Strait of Hormuz,” the official said, adding that negotiations began under the Obama administration.

COMPETITION WITH CHINA
For Oman, the deal will further advance its efforts to transform Duqm, once just a fishing village 550 km (345 miles) south of capital Muscat, into a key Middle East industrial and port center, as its diversifies its economy beyond oil and gas exports.

The deal could also better position the United States in the region for what has become a global competition with China for influence.

Chinese firms once aimed to invest up to $10.7 billion in the Duqm project, a massive injection of capital into Oman, in what was expected to be a commercial, not military, arrangement.

“It looks to me like the Chinese relationship here isn’t as big as it appeared it was going to be a couple of years ago,” the second official said.

“There’s a section of the Duqm industrial zone that’s been set aside for the Chinese ... and as far as I can tell so far they’ve done just about nothing.”

Still, China has in the past shown no qualms about rubbing up against U.S. military facilities.

In 2017, the African nation of Djibouti, positioned at another geostrategic choke-point, the strait of Bab al-Mandeb, became home to China’s first overseas military base. The U.S. military already had a base located just miles away, which has been crucial for operations against Islamic State, al Qaeda and other militant groups.

View attachment 549186

I think this is directly targeting Pakistan.
India also has rights to use this port.

@The Eagle @Windjammer @Horus @Thorough Pro @Dazzler

@Khafee @HRK
Jis ko Allah rakhae, osko kaun chakhae?

View attachment 549204

They maybe insignificant.
Their ports will not be.
The proximity of these ports wrt to Gwadar is very important.

Duqm is around 4 NMs from Gwadar
Salalah is 620 NM
View attachment 549203

Sir, of the top of my head, I think Duqm to Gawadar is 420NM ??

They are not 3rd world nation, but they are no better either when compared with their neighbours. I would say its a hand to mouth situation for them too. They are still in development phase and doing just a little better than Pakistan.

As far as Baloch factor is concerned then that is grudge they cannot let go off, what they see on media that is all they believe in.
bro i lived in oman my whole life.oman is a great country.
they have good place for pakistan.
despite all the shit that pakistanis usually do here they r being kind to everyone
anyway leme gove u a hint if it was to target pakistan best place would be sur not duqm.
duqm is fukkking nowhere no facilities
oman is just trying to woo investors and china factor too and maybe increase traffic to new port

Jis ko Allah rakhae, osko kaun chakhae?

Sir, of the top of my head, I think Duqm to Gawadar is 420NM ??
sir if u r familiar with area can’t u confirm that targeting pakistan is far easier from sur or mattrah side rather faaar duqm

Back
Top Bottom