What's new

,Olny Chinese can understand it. SOme thing about CHinese Characters

Plus one more idiot comment. It was big problem in the past, like we have to learn chinese language first then use such characters to writng our own language, it take long time to study, no good for general education system.

That's a cop out. I'm fluent in Cantonese and Hakka and when I read your latinized tone words I can understand half of them. My guess is Vietnamese, just like many ethnic languages in Guangxi and Yunnan, borrowed words from each other and based their writing in Chinese with Cantonese flavors.

China took the same road, as you mentioned, when the literacy rate was very low they simplified the writing and used pinyin. That worked miracle overnight however some intellectual elements in the society today is calling for the return of the traditional writing these days.

I had this impression that someone told me Vietnamese is a dialect of Cantonese(Chinese).

Anyone can confirm that?

I had this impression that someone told me Vietnamese is a dialect of Cantonese(Chinese).

Anyone can confirm that?

Both languages' pronunciation are similar but they are still different.

One thing is clear: there is no way back to the origin Chu Nom. The shift is final. One funny thing is that some people do not know, there is a minority group of Vietnamese settlers, our brothers and sisters living in China today. They speak Vietnamese and still write in Chu Nom.

Gin people
京族

Some areas of the southwestern People's Republic of China are inhabited by a small population of an ethnic minority which immigrated from Vietnam hundreds of years ago. They are referred to in Chinese as the Jīng (京族; pinyin: Jīngzú), although the transcription Gin people is the standard romanization of ethnic name in China.[1] They form one of the 56 ethnic groups officially recognized by the People's Republic of China. They speak Vietnamese, mixed with Cantonese dialect, and some Mandarin.
In addition to using Hanzi, the Gin have their unique Zinan script called Chu Nom in Vietnamese, dating back to the 13th century.[3][4]

Gin people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One thing is clear: there is no way back to the origin Chu Nom. The shift is final. One funny thing is that some people do not know, there is a minority group of Vietnamese settlers, our brothers and sisters living in China today. They speak Vietnamese and still write in Chu Nom.
Still write in Chu Nom?
The Jing people had their own script which was called Zinan. Created on the basis of the script of the Han people towards the end of the 13th century, it was found in old song books and religious scriptures. Most Jings read and write in the Han script because they have lived with Hans for a long time. They speak the Cantonese dialect.
It will be forgot, Why?
In china, there are 56 race, include Mongolians, even far more than population of out Mongolia, and there are also huge of Korean. Korean script and Japan script all are based on Chinese, Viet also be influenced by China culture heavily, why can't you creat a good script and keep it well? whose fault is it? Don't shift the blame on to China. that's your own imcompetent!!
BTW, you viet script is very ugly, I suggest you learn from your "brother" Indian, Replace it with English!!

I like the story in post#1 especially the part where Shi went to the market to see the lions frequently. Which markets in China can I go and see lions?
Cansoemone please explain this? I wanna go see lions frequently

Cansoemone please explain this? I wanna go see lions frequently
Friend, the story was wrote by a poet more than 1000 years ago maybe, I also don't know, whether there were such many Lion in the market!!
And, I think it is not real, You know Lion live in grassland, it is hard to find lion in China lion, the poem is rhythmic poem, When you read it in chinese, seems that it is the same word, that's one of the wonderful place of Chinese!!

I also don't see the real lion, If you want see lion, go to Zoo, Or African Savannah. In China, except ZOO, No Lion, in wild forest, you may can find Tiger, but it need very big luck!!!

Friend, the story was wrote by a poet more than 1000 years ago maybe, I also don't know, whether there are such Lion in the market!!
And, I think it is not real, You know Lion live in grassland, it is hard to find lion in China lion, the poem is rhythmic poem, When you read it, seems that it is the same word, that's one of the wonderful place of Chinese!!

I also don't see the real lion, If you want see lion, go to Zoo, Or African Savannah. In China, except ZOO, No Lion, in wild forest, you may can find Tiger, but it need very big luck!!!
Oh, I didnt know it was that old

Still write in Chu Nom?

It will be forgot, Why?
In china, there are 56 race, include Mongolians, even far more than population of out Mongolia, and there are also huge of Korean. Korean script and Japan script all are based on Chinese, Viet also be influenced by China culture heavily, why can't you creat a good script and keep it well? whose fault is it? Don't shift the blame on to China. that's your own imcompetent!!
BTW, you viet script is very ugly, I suggest you learn from your "brother" Indian, Replace it with English!!

I guess someone is running mad! You may replace your brain to increase the IQ.

Leave that chance for you, I don't need face Viet ugly script everyday! That's why you learn English for a break? or completely using English now?
And by the way, In parade, why you soilder seems not eat food, Why? they seems like something that can move, not human!

Friend, the story was wrote by a poet more than 1000 years ago maybe, I also don't know, whether there were such many Lion in the market!!
And, I think it is not real, You know Lion live in grassland, it is hard to find lion in China lion, the poem is rhythmic poem, When you read it in chinese, seems that it is the same word, that's one of the wonderful place of Chinese!!

The poem was written by Zhào Yuánrèn (1892 – 1982).

Leave that chance for you, I don't need face Viet ugly script everyday! That's why you learn English for a break? or completely using English now?
And by the way, In parade, why you soilder seems not eat food, Why? they seems like something that can move, not human!

Can you listen to me? SHUT UP!

The poem was written by Zhào Yuánrèn (1892 – 1982).
HEHE, I don't know the poem!!
In fact, I still like the poem by the old style! the poem be writen by the morden style is weird for me!!
I don't like morden poem, it is not real chinese, I think!

Can you listen to me? SHUT UP!
This is for you in turn with your own word!

Back
Top Bottom