What's new

(OLD News 2019) COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa given 3 years extension

Change in command didnt affected PAF war fighting capability when NOOR khan was appointed as AC, cant see why it will affect now?
Sorry to burst your bubble but it did. All due respect to Nur Khan but Asghar Khan would've been better. Will edit this post and attach a whole article later.

Wrong decision. Shouldn't have happened.

Even in World War II, generals weren't given extension. What makes him so special?

You are quoting what IK said in the past. According to his historical/geographical knowledge, Germany and Japan were enemies and they have borders as well.

Reality is that in WW1, Chief of the German General Staff von Hindenburg & in WW2, German Field Marshal von Rundstedt, US Supreme Commander of Southwest Pacific Theater Douglas MacArthur, US Admiral Thomas Hart were recalled from retirement.

Wrong decision. Shouldn't have happened.

You are quoting what IK said in the past. According to his historical/geographical knowledge, Germany and Japan were enemies and they have borders as well.

Reality is that in WW1, Chief of the German general Staff von Hindenburg & in WW2, German Field Marshal von Rundstedt, US supreme commander of Southwest Pacific Theatre Douglas MacArthur, US admiral Thomas Hart were recalled from retirement.

As always. But I think 3 years is way over. All the other officers who put in the effort are going to be demoralized and wasted, and if your leaders are demoralized then your soldiers are as well.

This is why Raheel Sharif has utmost respect, he built the institution.

Interview statement of Imran Khan was as nonsense as he him self is. As far his hypocrisy is concerned, there are no two opinions.

Extensions can be given depending on the situation, but those should be kept as small as possible, like in current case i believe anything beyond 1 year is unnecessary.

Anyone who wants to know why and how this decision was made for IK, must watch Billo. :P

from what I've heard, he HAD been opposing it when PM Imran Khan had been offering an extension since June. but with the events in iok and the resultant war like situation, General Bajwa changed his mind since loc is pretty much a war zone and HIS strategy and soldierly intuition has put the indians on back foot.
Then Bajwa could have taken 1 year extension. Why for 3 year

Are you saying that Raheel Shareef was not a good general? Haroon Islam was offered CJCS but he refused.
Haroon made some mistakes and all are not aware of those, great guy and leader but some mistakes during SWAT operation.

Now this county has completely gone to the dogs , no hope left anymore

Ik the stooge has undone the great work done by General Raheel the saviour of Pakistan

All the other officers who put in the effort are going to be demoralized and wasted, and if your leaders are demoralized then your soldiers are as well.
I stand for strengthening of institutions and I personally do not agree with this decision. IK is committing the same mistake. At max, 1 year extension would have been more than sufficient. But said that, let's examine this statement because I find it ludicrous and illogical since even if a new new COAS is appointed, only one officer becomes COAS and in fact many times, seniors officers retire when the PM appointments a junior among the names forwarded. Rest of the officers will be promoted as the schedule and rules. Furthermore, army is a disciplined organisation and officers are not lusting after a post. But again, I don't it is a good decision. He need to strengthen institution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom