What's new

Old Bangla Photos

'Bangalar Itihash' is a history book composed by him. He wrote in that book something like this, 'Uttor Theke Elo Mongol, Dokkhin Theke Elo Dravir, Aar Choto Nagpur Theke Elo Negro Jatio Jonogosthi. Ei Tin Jater Shongmisrone Sristi Holo Adi Bangali. Tara ki Juddhobigroher Madhyome, Na Ki Eki Mondire Eki Bigroher Pujo Dewar Madhyome Porshpor Poroshporer Majhe Bilin Hoye Gelo Ei Tothyo Itihash Deyna'.

Well, It did not explain the Sanskrit factor. None of them actually spoke Sanskrit. Then again it only talked about immigrant, did not talk about any original inhabitant. On top of everything, he was not aware of Wari Bawtessar ruins which was discovered only recently. Wari Bawtessar ruin infact contradict most of the earliest Gajakhuri.

I believe there were very little Dravid came to this land anytime in the history. When Dravid moved southward, why on earth they will arrive to this land only to face Aryans??? There were significant Aryan settlement here not Davidian as there is no Dravid word in our Bengali vocubulary but Aryan Sanskrit consist 75% of it.

My 2 cents...

You should be able to look at yourself and be able to tell if there is any "Aryan" in you. Similarity in language doesn't mean anything.

'Uttor Theke Elo Mongol, Dokkhin Theke Elo Dravir, Aar Choto Nagpur Theke Elo "Adivasi Jatio Jonogosthi. Ei Tin Jater Shongmisrone Sristi Holo Adi Bangali.

This description seems about right for majority of Bangladeshis.

You should be able to look at yourself and be able to tell if there is any "Aryan" in you. Similarity in language doesn't mean anything.

I just looked at myself. Could not find Dravid either.

Regarding the Red part. Are you inventing something here? Why language does not mean anything? You think the migrant just hired some Aryans to teach them Sanskrit and they just forgot about their original language over night??? Anthropologist will look first the languistic root of people to learn about their origin. Other factors come later.

'Uttor Theke Elo Mongol, Dokkhin Theke Elo Dravir, Aar Choto Nagpur Theke Elo "Adivasi Jatio Jonogosthi. Ei Tin Jater Shongmisrone Sristi Holo Adi Bangali.

This description seems about right for majority of Bangladeshis.

I already talked about this in my earlier post. This phrases did not include the people who lived there originally. It did not take into consideration of the language factor. Did not take into consideration of the fair skinned people here either. Did not take into consideration of the earlier civilization which are discovered recently. All are migrant. Weired.

Simplified map : Language families in South Asia* :

* Slightly inaccurate.

Living and former populations with possible Negritoid / Veddoid affiliations (two maps) :

negritomapseasiaaus.gif

34negritomap1.jpg

During the advance of the Aryans into the northwestern India (c 1500-800 BC), most of Vanga was under forest and was inhabited by indigenous people of proto-Australoid origin, later to be known as the Veddoid. Nevertheless, Vanga and its neighbouring areas remained outside the domain of the Aryans because of its riverine terrain and forest cover.

Related map : Negrito and Veddoid minorities in Myanmar, Thailand and Malay peninsula / Malaysia.

Distribution map for mtDNA lineages and haplogroups present in India and the Andaman islands. The non-caste populations are considered individually, whereas the figures for castes are separated north/south along the borders of Goa, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh. The upper pie charts depict the percentage of M versus non-M haplotypes, whereas the lower ones indicate the percentage of M2 and M4 expressed as a proportion of all M haplotypes. The figures for ethnic populations from West Bengal and Tamil Nadu have been conflated for the purposes of clarity, although they do conceal the fact that neither the Irula or Kota samples contained any M2. Despite this, the average of M2 in the total non-caste population exceeded 20%, compared to approx. 10% for caste populations. New data sets of additional Indian ethnic groups confirm these distributions. This asymmetry is not reflected in the data for M4, which displays a more even distribution :

Map showing the different Pakistani and north-west Indian populations and their maternal genetic components, 805 x 665 pixels :

The southern dispersal hypothesis and the South Asian archaeological record: Examination of dispersal routes through GIS analysis : G Docs / PDF

(This document about South Asia prehistory has 21 pages and 4 maps)

A nineteenth century manuscript from Sylhet region (although Sylhet was never part of Bengal proper before 1947) :

Back
Top Bottom