What's new

OGDCL finds oil in Attock

Didn't they already map every inch of the Attock region? It was always rich in oil and gas.

Democracy is Coming to Pakistan and it rides a 100000 Ton Aircraft Carrier

Regret to put a damper on the things. The news article correctly mentions that it is quite a small discovery.
Additionally, the structure is at 6,000 metres (20,000 ft.) therefore development will be quite expensive.

21 bpd? I don't know if this is news worthy discovery. It seem like the one discovered in Jhelum with 5000bpd was only good find in last few years.

21 Barrel per day . are you kidding me ... not feasible to put a machinery on it

i think
they spread this news just to increase their share price before year end

i honestly believe punjab has a huge potential for hydrocarbons.... the areas of potential are RYK district, Bahawalpur and Bahawalnagar (cholistan) and Attock.... simply look at the findings all around it both in pakistan and in india...
Tthe area that no one was expecting to show some positive results was jehlum and it has now become the biggest production site for oil...
We need to find another sui field or at the least another mari gas field but with a higher BTU value

21 bpd? I don't know if this is news worthy discovery. It seem like the one discovered in Jhelum with 5000bpd was only good find in last few years.

This is not an oil find. This is a gas field. 21 bbl per day is the condensate/ natural gas liquids. It is not crude oil.

Hydrocarbons up to C4 (Butane) are gaseous. Condensates normally consist of C5, C6, C7 & C8 hydrocarbons. Some gas fields such as Dhodak are particularly wet. To the best of my info there is a 2,500 bbl/day skid mounted Condensate Splitter in operation at Dhodak.

Back
Top Bottom