What's new

Officials: Gunmen hijack buses in Pakistan, kill 19

I have had an experience with the tightness of security for the Zimbabwean team. Returning from a relative's house on Sunday (day of 2nd T20) at around 11:00 PM, my car broke down on canal road after crossing the Jail Road underpass. Naturally my car stopped at the side of the road, i had my wife and my 4 year old with me. The policemen stationed there were so paranoid that they pushed my car around half a KM, pushed it on the service road and even from the service road (there is a huge green belt between the service road and the main road) they pushed it inside the gate of a small housing society. They were very apologetic stating that they will get fired if their officers saw a car parked on the side of the road and pushed the car all the way while i was sitting inside steering. Later while we were standing there we saw the convoy pass by which was enormous.

There is zero chance that anyone would be able to get through to the Zimbabwean Cricket team much less harm them in any way. If the Police Officer died he did it protecting our guests, he is a Shaheed and a true Hero.

nor from Pakistan
Where did get this idea from ???
Even all of the 27 accused in the school attack were Pakistanis....

coz most villagers would at least listen to the CII or at least one of the 200 who stated that Taliban and their likes are not doing anything Islamic!
Most wouldn't even know what CII stands for !
And i have yet too see major push by Mullahs to try to dissociate themselves from the Taliban or label them as Khawaraj...like after receiving petro dollars they were out in force trying to get Pakistan to join the Saudi coalition on every friday !

There is zero chance that anyone would be able to get through to the Zimbabwean Cricket team much less harm them in any way. If the Police Officer died he did it protecting our guests, he is a Shaheed and a true Hero.
The Zimbabwean team were never in danger but you can't have international cricket when suicide blasts are going off in the same city.....
We are used to it but they are not !

Where did get this idea from ???
Even all of the 27 accused in the school attack were Pakistanis....
I thought people said they were Uzbek!

Plus when I said not from Pak was in context:

coz most villagers would at least listen to the CII or at least one of the 200 who stated that Taliban and their likes are not doing anything Islamic!

Most wouldn't even know what CII stands for !
No they wouldnt but the news never goes to them as CII said it ...its more like some dari wala sahab said it

And i have yet too see major push by Mullahs to try to dissociate themselves from the Taliban or label them as Khawaraj...like after receiving petro dollars they were out in force trying to get Pakistan to join the Saudi coalition on every friday !
Well, some just have a stupid mentality ....they bow to Saudi ( and their excuse being the 2 Holy cities ) rather than to ALLAH...

Koi bhi Ho. Naam to India ka hi aana hai. This is really something dangerous happening in Pakistan. This is not good for India too.

'Koelon ki dalali mein haath kaalay'. TTP is pure indegnious insurgency, if India uses it or there're reflections of even 0.5% it will be considered as 50%. See India can never attack school children but APS incident is being put in India's account. Both countries are involved in proxy wars but proxies hit back.

Last edited:
Cops injured in Gaddafi Stadium ‘transformer explosion’
6 HOURS AGO BY STAFF REPORT

cops-injured-in-qaddafi-stadium-explosion-1432916449-8295-600x450.jpg

A low intensity blast outside Gaddafi Stadium, where a one-day international between Pakistan and Zimbabwe was underway, left at least three policemen injured.

Sources quoted senior police officials as denying any explosive device was involved in the blast.

“It was a pole-mounted power distribution transformer that exploded in the parking lot,” one official told Pakistan Today.

Cops injured in Gaddafi Stadium ‘transformer explosion’ | Pakistan Today

Pakistan v Zimbabwe, 2nd ODI, LahoreMay 29, 2015
Transformer blast near Gaddafi stadium, say police
ESPNCRICINFO STAFF

213771.jpg

The limited-overs series against Zimbabwe is being conducted under heavy security © AFP

A loud noise halfway through the Pakistan innings, audible to those in the ground and even inside the enclosed press box, has been explained by the police as an electricity transformer explosion. The blast, police have said, took place near the outermost ring of the three-tier security at Ferozpur road, near FIFA house, about 800 metres from the Gaddafi Stadium itself.

The series, the first set of internationals in Pakistan in more than six years, is being conducted under heavy security. More than 4000 policemen have been deployed as part of the security arrangements with two companies of Rangers - Pakistan's paramilitary forces - on standby throughout the series. The Nishtar sports complex, which also houses the Gaddafi stadium, is under surveillance through a system of closed-circuit security cameras and public entry for the games is on foot through extensive security layers.

Transformer blast near Gaddafi stadium, say police | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Koi transformer nahi blast hua .. this is bloddy terror attack.

Transformers there are non capacitive, rather mutual inductive type ones. They do not blast rather vibrate and throw out spark. Blast in them is rare, unless until oil is heated and blows off. (But i doubt they had oil in it)

teh BLA Terrorists along with TTP terrorists killed innocent Pashtun Pakistanis in Balochistan.

Where is this idiot Achakzai?

These terrorists and their masters are desperate

Koi transformer nahi blast hua .. this is bloddy terror attack.

Transformers there are non capacitive, rather mutual inductive type ones. They do not blast rather vibrate and throw out spark. Blast in them is rare, unless until oil is heated and blows off. (But i doubt they had oil in it)
Actually you are wrong my friend, transformer blast is a common occurrence in Pakistan especially during summer season when load is at it's peak. The sound is very loud and can easily be mistaken for a bomb blast. Judging from your country of residence flag you are not in Pakistan and you might never have been to Pakistan so it is understandable you don't know.

I am not saying it was not but even if it was, it was a hell of an achievement of Govt. to keep it under wraps barring the Indian media's idiosyncrasies which includes Jang and Dawn group.

Sub-inspector killed, six others injured in suicide blast outside Gaddafi Stadium

lahore-gaddafistadium-blasts-explosions-cricket_5-30-2015_186383_l.jpg

Posted: May 30, 2015 - 353 PKT

LAHORE: A sub-inspector lost his life and six others were injured as a major suicide blast was thwarted on Ferozepur Road outside Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore during the second ODI match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe.

Courageous policemen stopped the bomber before he could enter the outer wall of the stadium where he blew himself up, killing a sub-inspector.

The Pakistan Broadcasters Association in conjunction with the Ministry of Information had earlier decided to not report the incident in order to responsibly avoid any untoward incident such as a stampede during the match at the stadium.

It had earlier been reported that two policemen were injured in two blasts, which ‘apparently’ happened as power transformers installed near the Gaddafi Stadium exploded, on Friday night.

The 50-over match, however, remained uninterrupted amid the explosions.

Sub-inspector killed, six others injured in suicide blast outside Gaddafi Stadium | PAKISTAN - geo.tv

Inna lillahi wa inna illahi rajeeoon

Thread merge please @WebMaster @waz @Jungibaaz @Jango @T-Faz @TaimiKhan @blain2 @Oscar @Horus @Adios Amigo @Chak Bamu @Emmie @Manticore plz merge this thread with : PDF false reporting on you FB Page?

How the hell are two reports related? The attack on Gaddafi stadium was by TTP, the one on the buses by BLA.

How the hell are two reports related? The attack on Gaddafi stadium was by TTP, the one on the buses by BLA.
Ask the newspaper...I noticed 2-3 international newspaper decided to merge them together to highlight Pakista's security issue...My guess is they are having some acidic reaction to our current status which means they will be jobless as they wont have much to report!

For discussion purposes, it was better not to merge the two threads. Attack in Mastung was on Pashtuns by ultra-nationalist baloch terrorists. The one outside Gaddafi stadium was by the TTP. Two completely different organizations, with different and more or less opposite motives.

'Koelon ki dalali mein haath kaalay'. TTP is pure indegnious insurgency, if India uses it or there're reflections of even 0.5% it will be considered as 50%. See India can never attack school children but APS incident is being put in India's account. Both countries are involved in proxy wars but proxies hit back.
India may not planning but Indian agencies are feeding and financing them to those who had planned and attacked APS. Then insurgents of different groups having different reason for insurgency found Pakistan as common enemy. so if not on ideology level but still they are cooperating with each other, All of them have bases in Afghanistan and financially supported by India. India is more involved in proxy war against Pakistan as compare to Pakistan in India.

Back
Top Bottom