What's new

Official: Sino-Russian relations at all-time high point

Brotherhood

Reaction score
Official: Sino-Russian relations at all-time high point - People's Daily Online September 25, 2010

Relations between China and Russia are better now than they have ever been and it is a model for relations among major powers in the world at present, said Li Hui, the Chinese ambassador to Russia, recently.

Li said after a long-lasting, healthy and stable development, Sino-Russian relations have warmed to an unprecedented degree, forming a multi-level, high-quality pattern of cooperation and ushering in a new stage of mature and stable development.

Li said strategic coordination and pragmatic cooperation between China and Russia is remarkable. The two sides provided firm support to each other in relation to core interests and maintain close communications and strategic cooperation on major international and regional issues, creating a more solid basis for Sino-Russian relations. Li said.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev will hold a state visit to China from Sept. 26 to Sept. 28. Li said Medvedev's visit is a major event in Sino-Russian relations this year, which will promote the continual development of bilateral relations between the two countries.

The ambassador said that measures should be taken in order to further promote the in-depth development of the Sino-Russian strategic partnership: First, the two countries should increase mutual political trust and continue to expand all levels of communications and exchanges to consolidate the political foundation of Sino-Russian relations.

Second, the two countries should vigorously promote pragmatic cooperation. Third, the two countries should strengthen international and regional collaboration on major issues. And the last but not least is to deepen cultural exchanges.

The ambassador said currently Sino-Russian economic and trade relations have entered a critical transitional period. Problems in practical cooperation, including an irrational trade structure and a non-standard trade mode, need to be solved by the two governments and enterprises through ongoing efforts.

By Li Mu, People's Daily Online

well if russia has to choose one between china and india who they choose very very difficult for them to choose one dont know what they will go for but if china push them little more for bussiness more than india im sure they go for china

well if russia has to choose one between china and india who they choose very very difficult for them to choose one dont know what they will go for but if china push them little more for bussiness more than india im sure they go for china

In classic Russian mentality they will please the Indians and keep the chinese. India to Russia is as important as China. Dont forget the lobbying India has done to uncle sam for Russia!

@Superphalcon..
This is not the cold war era. They WILL not have to choose between india and russia. International diplomacy is much more matured now. For example just look at India. The biggest competitor (threat for some people) for us in the future is China,yet they are our biggest Trading partner...
Fortunately for us (read world) the people at the decision making level are the ones who decide using their brain and after seeing the bigger picture.

@Superphalcon..
This is not the cold war era. They WILL not have to choose between india and russia. International diplomacy is much more matured now. For example just look at India. The biggest competitor (threat for some people) for us in the future is China,yet they are our biggest Trading partner...
Fortunately for us (read world) the people at the decision making level are the ones who decide using their brain and after seeing the bigger picture.

I agreed with you, Russia does not have to choose either India or China. They can maintain relations with both. Also I believe Russians are more interested in business than politics.

@Superphalcon..

Good point, they don't need to choose. This is the era of global cooperation, they can do business with both.

Russia is awesome by the way, they are a fantastic ally to have. :cheers:

it's funny how much Russians and Chinese are alike. both like white wine, like pork, and value education. both are continental powers, both suffered humiliations from the Japanese and Mongols, and both came back from the brink of being a colonial backwater into being major world powers.

Russians are resilient people. What they go through in the first half of the 20th century is just as tragic as what china went through

#1 death rate in WWII says it all. The Western Allies would have had a even harder time with the War without the Soviets grinding down the Nazis on the Eastern Front.

it's funny how much Russians and Chinese are alike. both like white wine, like pork, and value education. both are continental powers, both suffered humiliations from the Japanese and Mongols, and both came back from the brink of being a colonial backwater into being major world powers.

Ahhh I don't know about how similar Russians and Chinese are. I am a little more reluctant to say that Russia and China has similar trajectory in history.

#1 death rate in WWII says it all. The Western Allies would have had a even harder time with the War without the Soviets grinding down the Nazis on the Eastern Front.

It's a lot more than that I'm afraid. Let me put it this way. It is conceivable that the Soviets could have beaten the Nazis without the western allies but it is inconceivable that the western allies could have beaten the Nazis without the Soviets.

If I had to name two factors that won the war for the Allies, they would be Soviet blood and American Industry (and I'm not even 100% that US industry would have been needed).

The eastern front was culmination of the history of warfare. Nothing like it was seen before and nothing will be like it again.

^^^ Germany would suffer a worse fate if it was just soviets and them fighting it out. The retribution from the soviets would be greater, and instead of east-west the whole of germany will be under soviet occupation.

^^^ Germany would suffer a worse fate if it was just soviets and them fighting it out. The retribution from the soviets would be greater, and instead of east-west the whole of germany will be under soviet occupation.

It would have been an even longer war and the two sides would have been pushed into more depravities and atrocities for sure.

There is a piece of footage from "the world at war" showing Russian soldiers fighting each for potato in a pit. It was one of the saddest things I've seen. Wish I could find the footage.

The Nazi-Soviet front was four times larger then the rest of war -- COMBINED.

俄罗斯男子用球棒打死中国公民
[LINK]

what do u guys think about it?

I think there a lot of skinhead in Russia...

Russians are a puzzle. A German pow after the war said something about the Russian people that stuck with me.

"The Russian will pull the wings off a fly one day and cry over a dead bird on another."

Back
Top Bottom