What's new

Official Mission Profile Of India’s Rustom-2 UCAV

Reaction score
Country
India
There’s a lot of talk on the interwebs on precisely what kind of platform India’s Rustom-2 MALE UAS will be. As it prepares for its first flight late this month or early August, I thought I’d pull out this official schematic slide I obtained back in 2012, depicting for the first time the Rustom-2’s operational profile. This was, in effect, the first official document describing the Rustom-2 as a strike platform.

Livefist / 2012
Livefist can confirm that the Rustom-2 platform that will fly shortly isn’t optimised for weapons carriage -- hardpoints for weapons will be sported likely on the second prototype of the Rustom-2, which will also contain weight optimisation and aerodynamic improvements. That airframe could be rolled out as early as next year, sources say.

Livefist will reporting in detail shortly on the concept AURA USAV project too. Meanwhile, the imminent flight test of India’s first stated unmanned strike platform is a momentous occasion, and an opportune time to discuss the way forward, both in terms of technology and doctrine.

Livefist

https://mobile.facebook.com/notes/l..._actionbar#s_b58407444dd7ebebc9b566f81ac82904

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @anant_s @

Official Mission Profile Of India’s Rustom-2 UCAV

LIVEFIST·TUESDAY, 19 JULY 2016
There’s a lot of talk on the interwebs on precisely what kind of platform India’s Rustom-2 MALE UAS will be. As it prepares for its first flight late this month or early August, I thought I’d pull out this official schematic slide I obtained back in 2012, depicting for the first time the Rustom-2’s operational profile. This was, in effect, the first official document describing the Rustom-2 as a strike platform.

13735115_1111452335560055_343030192814468763_o.jpg

Livefist can confirm that the Rustom-2 platform that will fly shortly isn’t optimised for weapons carriage -- hardpoints for weapons will be sported likely on the second prototype of the Rustom-2, which will also contain weight optimisation and aerodynamic improvements. That airframe could be rolled out as early as next year, sources say.

Why?it's better to order aura instead of rustom2. Rustom can be used for peace time cost effective rec platform at the most.

AURA is still a 3D concept.

Let's starting walking before we are able to sprint, shall we?

Rustom is far closer and its uses are immense.

1- Drone bombing naxals.
2- Dealing with the peacefuls of Kashmir state.
3- Monitoring power-lines across the nation.
4- Border patrols for BSF.
5- Monitoring weather related disasters and helping in rescue (due to higher endurance).
6- Water and river management.

Only thing is Modi and Parikkar will have to shove it down the Army's throats.

Just to crash it like Nishant with 100% success rate and declare the programme as dead?

100% ?? Only 4 units were produced and 4 were crashed. when you consider the higher crash rate of UAV's around the world, this isn't a figure to ridicule, and it was our first major attempt in building an UAV.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom