What's new

Official explains why IITs are not on list of world's top 200 universities

LOL, I can't believe ITTs academics can come up with such ludicrous excuse. Ranking are based on empirical data, like research output, citation...etc. Whether you subscribe or not, won't make a difference to the amount of research you're producing or citation per paper.

QS ranking is far from prestigious, it is considered crap by graduate researchers. Try Times Higher Education ranking or Academic Ranking of World Universities.

Sonny, both CHINA & INDIA exams are Rote based unlike USA and west which you worship.
So tell me did you pass your HSK EXAM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRloJjKQa70
Let me educate you again according to western findings, science and theories watch that video
chotu!

Watch that video as it concerns India and China!

But few chinese universities figure in the top 100 list

Look sir it's not about chinese universities figure in top 100 or not they do. cos they encourage researchers more and give them grants.
While here in India only Clinical doctors earn, research can go to hell that's the attitude here.
When i studied the top earner in the hospital was a Head of of Hepato-biliary Surgery(down to earth).But his main income came from research articles published and grants from government.Not how many operations he did.

Why doesn't our government provide more funds for researchers?
Why do we always have to run to fleece people? comission based OPS. :)

Sonny, both CHINA & INDIA exams are Rote based unlike USA and west which you worship.
So tell me did you pass your HSK EXAM?

S Gurumurthy : Indians Hate Hindus - YouTube
Let me educate you again according to western findings, science and theories watch that video
chotu!

Watch that video as it concerns India and China!

Speak for your own country, Chinese tops India in rankings from PISA testing to research output and % of citation, not just university. You can't get there just by rope learning which is what your IITs are all about. This is confirmed by their dismal showing in university ranking as well as contribution to academic journal.

A video from india? Surely you can't be so dumb so to not know what is called a neutral source. or perhaps you are.

STFU.... look at the Emperor's awesomeness.... can anyone challenge it? I had 164 credits to graduate, all 100% technical, whereas normally you'd graduate at 120, with 20% of them being "sissy" courses...... :lol:

Only 164 credits!!! man.. i am disappointed i need to complete 215 credits to graduate(at least 209) including 13 credits of Humanities ...

It seems that India never feels embarrassed for the most absurd excuses for its own failing. First it was PISA, now it's university rankings.

Götterdämmerung;4807621 said:
It seems that India never feels embarrassed for the most absurd excuses for its own failing. First it was PISA, now it's university rankings.

What embarrassment?

We are not like chinese who steal, copy and build pirated copies and call it chinese tech. This is called embarrassment.

More than 90 % fakes are found in China. this is real shame.

Chinese trollers and their troll posts :lol:

I liked a large survey done a few years ago where the universities were ranked according to the research output and its qualitative index. Wish I could find that out again online, I'll try. Though it makes it a bit tricky to place professional institutions that are not directly related to research. For example, some institutes do not want third parties to review their research catalogues because they have been funded by companies.

What embarrassment?

We are not like chinese who steal, copy and build pirated copies and call it chinese tech. This is called embarrassment.

More than 90 % fakes are found in China. this is real shame.

Chinese trollers and their troll posts :lol:

First of all, I don't know why you even bring in the Chinese as this thread is about Indian institutions make poor excuses for their poor performances.

Secondly, I don't know why the Chinese have to be embarrassed at all, since all developed countries went through this.

I recommend you to read this book: Kicking away the ladder (p. 57 and 58 is about my country trying to catch up to Great Britain)

Kicking Away the Ladder: Development Strategy in Historical Perspective - Ha-Joon Chang - Google Books

Lots of IITians are going to IIM directly after their course and waste their engineering talents into finance & sales after IIM.

Back
Top Bottom