What's new

Official explains why IITs are not on list of world's top 200 universities

LOL... this ranking system is so flawed...... it's all about "procedures" / curriculum design / course load design...... nothing to do with quality of publications / number of publications....... I went to one of Europe's toughest institutes, guess what happened? When such organizations came for "ranking", they told our university that they couldn't place our departments on the list, because the "courses were too tough", and the curriculum needed more humanities courses in the mix.... LMFAO.... they wanted to place approximately 20% humanities courses in an Engineering curriculum, what a bunch of morons....... it's all topi drama.

Other litmus test was, we used to get these exchange students from MIT, McGill, UP.... etc etc every semester, and guess what? We used to whoop their arses!!! :lol:

McGill is crap, i don't understand why they're ranked so high. Alberta, British Columbia from Canada fares much better.

LOL... this ranking system is so flawed...... it's all about "procedures" / curriculum design / course load design...... nothing to do with quality of publications / number of publications....... I went to one of Europe's toughest institutes, guess what happened? When such organizations came for "ranking", they told our university that they couldn't place our departments on the list, because the "courses were too tough", and the curriculum needed more humanities courses in the mix.... LMFAO.... they wanted to place approximately 20% humanities courses in an Engineering curriculum, what a bunch of morons....... it's all topi drama.

Other litmus test was, we used to get these exchange students from MIT, McGill, UP.... etc etc every semester, and guess what? We used to whoop their arses!!! :lol:
may be they want to rank unis who has a well rounded curriculum .. unis which churn out human with personality not bots.. :chilli:

STFU.... look at the Emperor's awesomeness.... can anyone challenge it? I had 164 credits to graduate, all 100% technical, whereas normally you'd graduate at 120, with 20% of them being "sissy" courses...... :lol:

may be they want to rank unis who has a well rounded curriculum .. unis which churn out human with personality not bots.. :chilli:

Individual subject ranking matters, why'd you be interested in Business or Humanities ranking if you want to do graduate studies in engineering.

My university is ranked between 100-125 for it's overall Engineering department, but when it comes to my domain, that is Micro/Nano Electronics, it ranks within World's top 30 in terms of publications, research output and commercialization.

STFU.... look at the Emperor's awesomeness.... can anyone challenge it? I had 164 credits to graduate, all 100% technical, whereas normally you'd graduate at 120, with 20% of them being "sissy" courses...... :lol:
am pretty sure studying those courses has decreased your awesomeness... mein führer

Sissy courses?

How'd you rate Nanotechnology & Quantum Mechanics, Nanophotonics and Plasmonics, Semiconductor Physics and Nano/Micro-electromechanical Systems for sissy courses for first semester?

Nahin nahin..... humanities courses....... as per those "rating" agencies........ :lol:

Sissy courses?

How'd you rate Nanotechnology & Quantum Mechanics, Nanophotonics and Plasmonics, Semiconductor Physics and Nano/Micro-electromechanical Systems for sissy courses for first semester?

Nahin nahin..... humanities courses....... as per those "rating" agencies........ :lol:

There was a hot girl i was chatting couple of weeks back. I asked her about her major, she said it's 'History'. My autonomous reflex in typing was 'Eww'.

Instantly she unfriend'ed me from her facebook account. :D

McGill is crap, i don't understand why they're ranked so high. Alberta, British Columbia from Canada fares much better.

Im in UBC. Easily best University in Canada.

Doesn't change the fact the school you went to is subpar on the Global rankings.

Chall bey salay....... I topped it up with # 1 business school....... employed and fired many of your type, just for fun! :lol:

Doesn't change the fact the school you went to is subpar on the Global rankings.

"Ewww" is a part of my standard vocabulary.... have suffered because of it, many a time! :D

There was a hot girl i was chatting couple of weeks back. I asked her about her major, she said it's 'History'. My autonomous reflex in typing was 'Eww'.

Instantly she unfriend'ed me from her facebook account. :D

@Hyperion Which University? And I agree with you regarding humanities courses. They should be totally removed from Engineering and Computer Science Curriculum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me? METU+INSEAD.......

@Hyperion Which University? And I agree with you regarding humanities courses. They should be totally removed from Engineering and Computer Science Curriculum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody should underestimate IIT and IITians just because of low global ranking ..

Today you have heard of fairfax company going to buy Blackberry. CEO and director of fairfax company is PREM WATSA ..an IITian.

another few IIT ian

Sundar Pichai ..CEO of Android
Raghuram Rajan .. Governer of RBI

Problem with iit is student go for there only for money.. Handsome Package all they want and get eventually...very few are interested with Research.

Nobody should underestimate IIT and IITians just because of low global ranking ..

Today you have heard of fairfax company going to buy Blackberry. CEO and director of fairfax company is PREM WATSA ..an IITian.

another few IIT ian

Sundar Pichai ..CEO of Android
Raghuram Rajan .. Governer of RBI

Problem with iit is student go for there only for money.. Handsome Package all they want and get eventually...very few are interested with Research.

IIT is predominantly a middle class dream... the same way IAS has become a small town dream...(poor + lower middle class) ..
obviously its for money / power .

Probably, i'd rate Toronto, Alberta, Waterloo and UBC as top university of Canada for fundamental engineering subjects, not for advanced fields. Mcgill, Ottawa, Montreal, Calgary are very sub par.

Me? METU+INSEAD.......

INSEAD is great, i'll look forward to gain a MBA degree after few years of R&D experience after PhD.

Back
Top Bottom