What's new

Officer Pooja Thakur, Who Led Guard of Honour For Obama, Sues Indian Air Force

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pooja-thakur-iaf_650x400_61468479153.jpg

Wing Commander Pooja Thakur has taken the Indian Air Force to the Armed Forces Tribunal

New Delhi: Wing Commander Pooja Thakur, who led the Guard of Honour during US President Barack Obama's visit last year, has taken the Indian Air Force (IAF) to the Armed Forces Tribunal after being denied full service.

The officer says in a petition that the IAF's decision to deny her permanent commission is "biased, discriminatory, arbitrary and unreasonable".

The Air Force has reportedly been asked to respond in four weeks.

Wing Commander Thakur was the first woman officer to lead an Inter-Service Guard of Honour last year when President Obama visited India in January last year.

Mr Obama had said later at an event that the sight of "incredible" Indian women in the Armed forces was one of his "favourite things" in India.

The officer, surprised at the praise, told NDTV "It feels good that we have been able to achieve our aim of giving him a befitting Guard of Honour. I am glad that he has appreciated it".

The daughter of an army colonel, the Rajasthan officer joined the Air Force in 2000.

The Air Force took in its first batch of women fighter pilots last month, but as short service commission officers.

Permanent commission is given to women on a case-to-case basis.

Sources say Wing Commander Thakur is an Administrative Officer and "each branch of the IAF has different criteria to get women as full officers."

http://m.ndtv.com/india-news/air-fo...forces-tribunal-1431324?pfrom=home-topstories

Try to answer was merit not followed when she was leading the guard of honour (or was it just a propaganda stuff)

The daughter of an army colonel, the Rajasthan officer joined the Air Force in 2000.

Pretty lame by the IAF to treat this lady in this manner. I guess, her face was only needed during the Obama visit.

Try to answer was merit not followed when she was leading the guard of honour (or was it just a propaganda stuff)
There is Ruling in Armed Tribunal That there are no out-of-turn promotions for recipients of gallantry awards in the Army and they are promoted as per their seniority with their fellow soldiers in the unit.

As per 2008 Case
JCO Sanjay Kumar Who was Got Highest Battle Honour of India Param Vir Chakra (PVC) In Kargil War

Pretty lame by the IAF to treat this lady in this manner. I guess, her face was only needed during the Obama visit.
This Armed Forces Rules Promotions are Only Done or Merit there are no out-of-turn promotions for recipients of gallantry awards in the Army and they are promoted as per their seniority with their fellow soldiers in the unit.

She No First Case

Wing Commander Pooja Thakur
women-power.jpg

54c4cbd093e4a.image.jpg

A comment from NDTV from Indian
  • Sanghi mentality is not allowing her to fly and fulfil her dreams.. beti bacho, beti padhao sirf bolne se nahi chalega.

Even if sanghi's don't make the situation better, I hope that they don't spoil the growth trajectory. Our society has just begun to allow girls to come out and excel after centuries of oppression

There is Ruling in Armed Tribunal That there are no out-of-turn promotions for recipients of gallantry awards in the Army and they are promoted as per their seniority with their fellow soldiers in the unit.

As per 2008 Case og
JCO Sanjay Kumar Who was Got Highest Battle Honour of India Param Vir Chakra (PVC) In Kargil War

Just to share the criteria for some one to represent his/her country ,i pulled this for you as an example

Members of the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard are selectively chosen to represent Airmen serving in the U.S. Air Force. Through their precise drill movements, immaculate uniform appearance and attention to detail, these Airmen display the integrity, service and excellence expected of airmen around the world. To be selected for the USAF Honor Guard means you are chosen to be the face of the Air Force to American and global audiences as you represent the Air Force in ceremonies, special events and performances across the nation and around the world.

If you are considered a prior service applicant, ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. Your chain of command will have to recommend you via Developmental Special Duty. After being recommended, you will need to fill out an application electronically.

http://www.honorguard.af.mil/recruiting/

So there are more then few ambiguities in your arguments and lady is perfectly right ,as she gets the recommendations after fulfilling the min criteria
transparent.gif

Her post was administrative , she would have only be given PC on merit . the selection board in its wisdom found her unsuitable. She can take them to court its her right .
The IAF is also the pioneer in granting women combat roles . they allowed women fighter pilot just last month .

Her post was administrative , she would have only be given PC on merit . the selection board in its wisdom found her unsuitable. She can take them to court its her right .
The IAF is also the pioneer in granting women combat roles . they allowed women fighter pilot just last month .
Would you don't think i will prove a dent on IAF repo why not that type of disputes should be solve amicably behind the doors.

Just to share the criteria for some one to represent his/her country ,i pulled this for you as an example

Members of the U.S. Air Force Honor Guard are selectively chosen to represent Airmen serving in the U.S. Air Force. Through their precise drill movements, immaculate uniform appearance and attention to detail, these Airmen display the integrity, service and excellence expected of airmen around the world. To be selected for the USAF Honor Guard means you are chosen to be the face of the Air Force to American and global audiences as you represent the Air Force in ceremonies, special events and performances across the nation and around the world.

If you are considered a prior service applicant, ensure you meet the minimum qualifications. Your chain of command will have to recommend you via Developmental Special Duty. After being recommended, you will need to fill out an application electronically.

http://www.honorguard.af.mil/recruiting/

So there are more then few ambiguities in your arguments and lady is perfectly right ,as she gets the recommendations after fulfilling the min criteria
transparent.gif
This Not US But Indian Armed Forces

Like Said Before It Armed Tribunal Judgement there are no out-of-turn promotions for recipients of gallantry awards in the Army and they are promoted as per their seniority with their fellow soldiers in the unit.

JCO Sanjay Kumar War Recipient of Highest Military Award PVC But Got His Promotion Only after 10 years

Like Said if She had Merit She Will get In court

Wing Commander Pooja Thakur
women-power.jpg

54c4cbd093e4a.image.jpg

A comment from NDTV from Indian
  • Sanghi mentality is not allowing her to fly and fulfil her dreams.. beti bacho, beti padhao sirf bolne se nahi chalega.

Even if sanghi's don't make the situation better, I hope that they don't spoil the growth trajectory. Our society has just begun to allow girls to come out and excel after centuries of oppression
That India Was Congress party Spokesman
This What
NDA Govt Trying
Govt. looking at varied roles for women in armed forces, says Defence Minister

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ces-says-defence-minister-116070400678_1.html

Govt has No role in This call Its Decision of Armed Force Tribunal

She What Extra Judicial Role It will be Given on Merit Not Intimidation

If I go by military way then its their call to grant or deny promotion/PC to anyone the deemed appropriate but if I go through moral way then she did deserve atleast PC. Nonetheless I wud rather respect the decision of IAF as they can culminate services of any short service commissioned guy/lady anytime after they had served mandatory service.

Would you don't think i will prove a dent on IAF repo why not that type of disputes should be solve amicably behind the doors.
Why Armed Forces Has Already Rule there are no out-of-turn promotions for recipients of gallantry awards in the Army and they are promoted as per their seniority with their fellow soldiers in the unit.

JCO Sanjay Kumar Was War Hero And PVC Recipient He was Given No Special Treatment Why Armed Forces Give This Lady Undue Promotion Without Merit

If I go by military way then its their call to grant or deny promotion/PC to anyone the deemed appropriate but if I go through moral way then she did deserve atleast PC. Nonetheless I wud rather respect the decision of IAF as they can culminate services of any short service commissioned guy/lady anytime after they had served mandatory service.
That your Way You are Emotional and a Civilian

Army is Not Emotional or Moral on Such Matters But Practical.Do you Know What Term use In Military For Soldiers After you got retire "Waste Assets" that a Military Term

Why Armed Forces Has Already Rule there are no out-of-turn promotions for recipients of gallantry awards in the Army and they are promoted as per their seniority with their fellow soldiers in the unit.

JCO Sanjay Kumar Was War Hero And PVC Recipient He was Given No Special Treatment Why Armed Forces Give This Lady Undue Promotion Without Merit
I just said this type of disputes should be settle in house not on media.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom