What's new

OFFICAL IAF STATEMENT ON RAFALE DEAL APRIL 8TH

That's a relief, but GoI must speed up the process & induct them into service quickly :cheers:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/india-dassault-agree-to-set-aside-divergences-move-ahead-in-other-areas/articleshow/19446338.cms.

India and French firm Dassault Aviation today decided to keep aside their sharp differences over contractual obligations and move ahead on the other aspects of the deal to procure 126 multirole combat aircraft for the IAF.

During the contract negotiation committee meeting today, the two sides agreed to keep their discussions pending on the issue of having separate contracts and the role of HAL in the deal and move ahead on other things such as pricing and support services, sources told PTI here today.

Serious differences have cropped up in the contract negotiations between the Defence Ministry and the French firm, threatening to delay the country's single largest dose military acquisition.

The French firm has already agreed with the Defence Ministry's demand for having one contract with the four major firms involved in the deal, including MBDA, for the weapons package for the aircraft instead of four separate contracts, they said.

The firm is understood to have agreed to the Defence Ministry's demand on the issue after the involvement of French government.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/india-dassault-agree-to-set-aside-divergences-move-ahead-in-other-areas/articleshow/19446338.cms.

India and French firm Dassault Aviation today decided to keep aside their sharp differences over contractual obligations and move ahead on the other aspects of the deal to procure 126 multirole combat aircraft for the IAF.

During the contract negotiation committee meeting today, the two sides agreed to keep their discussions pending on the issue of having separate contracts and the role of HAL in the deal and move ahead on other things such as pricing and support services, sources told PTI here today.

Serious differences have cropped up in the contract negotiations between the Defence Ministry and the French firm, threatening to delay the country's single largest dose military acquisition.

The French firm has already agreed with the Defence Ministry's demand for having one contract with the four major firms involved in the deal, including MBDA, for the weapons package for the aircraft instead of four separate contracts, they said.

The firm is understood to have agreed to the Defence Ministry's demand on the issue after the involvement of French government.
Damn good find!

@Storm Force still not showing your face, eh??

Last edited by a moderator:
How does keeping aside the issues of "SHARP" differences helps??

either Today or Tomorrow they have to be addressed.

I was thinking about that, I am assuming what is happening is they have put that issue to one side so as to not upset the entire timeline of talks and delay the signing of the deal as clearly there is A LOT of pressure on both sides for that golden signature. And then, again I'm assuming, there is work going on behind the scenes to work out a solution to the "big issues" like HAL/liability question.

Sorry for raining on everyone's parade, but:

1) I don't see any official press release about this, one way or the other. Other that the livefist page linked above, I don't see any other website or mainstream media carrying this. The IAF's website and its press release section has no such info. If IAF decides to release an official statement, it would not do so through Shiv Aroor's 'Livefist'. It has better avenues to release info, either their own website, or press conferences (which will be covered by the mainstream media, not just by a blogger.)

2) Indian armed forces are notoriously publicity shy. They do not have an equivalent of Pakistan's ISPR. They don't officially comment on any major issue, let alone comment on media reports and speculations. I seriously doubt that they would confirm or deny the recent speculations and reports regarding backup plans of MKIs. If they do, they will do it through their own website, NOT livefist.

Although I believe the truth of the assertions of this thread, I doubt that any of it came from the IAF. Most likely, it is Shiv Aroor's counters to the rumors and speculations; but not the IAF's.
@Abingdonboy: Where exactly did you see this 'official statement', other than in Shiv Aroor's blog?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about that, I am assuming what is happening is they have put that issue to one side so as to not upset the entire timeline of talks and delay the signing of the deal as clearly there is A LOT of pressure on both sides for that golden signature. And then, again I'm assuming, there is work going on behind the scenes to work out a solution to the "big issues" like HAL/liability question.

In fact the article is more worrying.

Not only the Big issues like HAL's responsibility has been addressed.

Even the comparatively smaller issues like Pricing & support services haven't been finalized.

This after nearly 14 months from the date Rafale was announced as the winner of MMRCA.

Back
Top Bottom