What's new

officail news: Y-20 will fly next year

aimarraul

Reaction score
????????????????????_??_???

高建设副总经理在讲话中指出,石副局长一行前来西飞就基层党建工作进行调研,是因为西飞目前正承担着国家重大专项任务,同时西飞的党建工作在陕西,乃至全国都有一定的影响,石副局长在调研过程中也多次给予了肯定,对西飞也提出了具体的希望和要求。西飞全体干部职工一定要按照石副局长的要求,把党建工作和企业中心任务有机地结合起来,在做好党建设工作的同时,完成好科研生产经营任务,确保在明年十八大召开前夕,成功将大飞机送上蓝天。

1fhav5.jpg

Y-20
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Currently 603 Institute, XAC and SAC are developing an advanced 4-engine large transport (Y-20?) which is smaller than American C-17 and based upon some IL-76MD technology. As the result assistance was sought from Antonov Design Bureau in 2008. Its max payload was expected to be around 50t and max TO weight >200t. Fitted with high-lift devices along the wing leading and trailing edges, the aircraft is capable of taking off from relatively short and unpaved runways, making many temporary airfields behind the battlefield accessible. Currently it is unclear whether the aircraft will have an IFR probe installed or not. The prototypes and the initial batch may be powered by Russian D-30KP-2/WS-18 turbofans, later by the modified WS-10 (WS-118?). A full-scale metal mock-up (head section) of Y-20 was constructed by 2008 and the first flight is projected in 2012. On August 20, 2009 SAC started to build the rear fuselage of the first prototype. It was reported (April 2010) that the full-scale mock-up was completed in early 2010. It was also rumored that the aircraft might serve as the testbed for the Chinese airborne laser weapon prototype similar to American YAL-1 which is thought to be under development. In addition the next generation of medium transport aircraft was believed to be under development at XAC/603 Institute as well, powered by two modified WS-10 turbofans. Its max payload is around 25t.

Translation:

Deputy General Manager of the high building in his speech that his party came to Stone, deputy director of the West fly on the work of grassroots party building and research, because the West to fly the country is currently undertaking major projects tasks while flying the party building in the West Shaanxi, and the country Have a certain influence, Stone, deputy director of the research process have repeatedly affirmed, XAC also made on the specific expectations and requirements. XAC all the staff must follow the requirements, deputy director of Stone, the central task of party building and business organically combine the good of the party building work, accomplish the task of research and production operations to ensure that the next Congress on the eve of eighteen , large aircraft successfully sent the blue sky.

Translation:

Deputy General Manager of the high building in his speech that his party came to Stone, deputy director of the West fly on the work of grassroots party building and research, because the West to fly the country is currently undertaking major projects tasks while flying the party building in the West Shaanxi, and the country Have a certain influence, Stone, deputy director of the research process have repeatedly affirmed, XAC also made on the specific expectations and requirements. XAC all the staff must follow the requirements, deputy director of Stone, the central task of party building and business organically combine the good of the party building work, accomplish the task of research and production operations to ensure that the next Congress on the eve of eighteen , large aircraft successfully sent the blue sky.

ask any chinese members to translate not with google translator``its rubbish

what i m interested in this project is the engine its going to use, there were some reports about china buying cargo turbonfan engines from Ukriane few years earlier?

Nice, there is a big market for this goody, India, Saudi Arabia, Turkey are all buying USA version of this currently.

Translation:

Do you read it after Translation.

The original Chinese post in #1 and your translation both are same for me.

what i m interested in this project is the engine its going to use, there were some reports about china buying cargo turbonfan engines from Ukriane few years earlier?

It should be powered by four WS-18 engines.

I think this is also known as the Y-9? correct me if i'm wrong. But its not a replacement for Il-76 but rather the Y-8.
To this regard, the PLA's air life capability is lacking. Perhaps, this will bridge the gap.

I think this is also known as the Y-9? correct me if i'm wrong. But its not a replacement for Il-76 but rather the Y-8.
To this regard, the PLA's air life capability is lacking. Perhaps, this will bridge the gap.

Y-9 is the tactical tranport plane, whereas, Y-20 is going to play the role what USAAF's Globmaster as the stratigic transport plane which be able to carry more than 50 tons of military equipments to long distance``Y-9's capacity is around 20 tons

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

It should be powered by four WS-18 engines.

any source about that??

According to MissileThreat and Huitong, the Y-20 will become the platform for the Chinese airborne laser. It will be comparable to the YAL-1, more or less.

By the way, does anyone have information regarding the next generation medium transport?

Back
Top Bottom