What's new

Obama welcomes Dalai Lama, to China’s anger

Dumping the dollars makes no sense at all, for China.

If you have a 100$ note, and you want to tear it ... as a mark of disrespect to USA ....
Well, sure. Help youself doing it.

China actually could do the opposite ..... they could threaten to depreciate the Yuan to 10 CNY = 1USD.

Hell ..... it can also be made to 100 CNY = 1 USD.

I am sure, Obama would start crying, if 100 CNY = 1 USD.

And Chinese exporters would be jumping and dancing ... they would be able to export 1 ton of steel at a price cheaper than 1 ton of Australian iron-ore.

Ghosh .... Australia's entire iron-ore mining industry would collapse.

Thank you for your reply Sir,

I know for sure that dumping the dollar would not make any sense. But I was replying to the following post.

You know the problem is that obama has a chip on his shoulder. Because he is a democrat a black and has a muslim middle name he thinks he has to go overboard on every issue to prove that he is more right wing than bush and co. By these actions he is polarising the world and the chinese are more likely to give him a good spanking. All they have to do is start dumping the us dollars. yes it will hurt chinese but not as much as it will hurt americans. And the american population is not used to hardship or people being kia.

Hope you get it now.

It is unlikely the chinese are brainwashed. they have much higher literacy levels than india pakistan and other neighbours. Perhaps its the fact that because they have such high literacy levals their people know when someone is talking crap

I believe the relatively high literacy level has made it even easier for the CPC to brainwash the people. I have been learning chinese for many years and I have read many chinese newspapers. It is obvious that the news in China are presented in a very different way than we are used to in the free world. In the west we have learned that everything is not just "black or white". We know that we should be critical against the sources and try to draw our own conclusions. E,g. we can read about the CPC standpoint concerning Tibet as well as the Dalai Lama standpoint. Mainland Chinese only know the CPC standpoint. And most Chinese are unable to see that chinese media report news as the authorities want them to be reported.
I have tried to discuss the Tibetan issue in chinese forums. But when I have written about Dalai Lama I have been deleted and finally banned. Obviously chinese authorities are afraid the forumites might draw unwished conclusions.

Sadly it seems dissidents like Hu Jia or Liu Xiaobo ( Nobel Prise winner, which chinese media did not like to report) are exceptions. Most chinese are uncapable of independent thinking.

I believe the relatively high literacy level has made it even easier for the CPC to brainwash the people. I have been learning chinese for many years and I have read many chinese newspapers. It is obvious that the news in China are presented in a very different way than we are used to in the free world. In the west we have learned that everything is not just "black or white". We know that we should be critical against the sources and try to draw our own conclusions. E,g. we can read about the CPC standpoint concerning Tibet as well as the Dalai Lama standpoint. Mainland Chinese only know the CPC standpoint. And most Chinese are unable to see that chinese media report news as the authorities want them to be reported.
I have tried to discuss the Tibetan issue in chinese forums. But when I have written about Dalai Lama I have been deleted and finally banned. Obviously chinese authorities are afraid the forumites might draw unwished conclusions.

Sadly it seems dissidents like Hu Jia or Liu Xiaobo ( Nobel Prise winner, which chinese media did not like to report) are exceptions. Most chinese are uncapable of independent thinking.
洗脑洗你个大头鬼脑,虽然你认识汉字,但是你还是不了解中国,我个人认为中国网络比你们外国网站有意思的多,好玩的东西也比你们老外多,我们的优酷土豆酷溜56比youtube好玩多了。中国论坛上很开放,我们可以在天涯,畅谈国家大事,和像你们这样的民主人士论战。我看你才被西方民主洗脑了。

It's not a big deal. We have become accustomed to watching the anuual farce perfomed by America president and Dalai Lama。:lol:
So the same day what China did is here" Iran, China ink $4 bn in infrastructure deals

Thats the thing it isnt a big deal untill China makes it one, Obama meeting a nice old man from Tibet should be ho hum thats nice, now onto important things yet every time it happens China issuses a complaint or warning.

The only time i can remember China not getting its panties in a knot about a visit of the Dali Lama is when he came here.
I guess NZ isnt important enough for China to have noticed that one.

Oh the bollywoodaydreamers, streetdefecaters and black skin bleaching, CCTV F reported the meeting. Moreover China and US are pragmatic, business between the two largest economies is as usual as seen by the business US and China governors forum. This meeting is done only to satisfy the US and western public opinion. Moreover the Dalai Laima and all its terrorist parasites in India could meet even Satan, this will not prevent China from being the No 1 world superpower and achieves breakthrough in technological innovations everyday. Lets the dogs, frustrated and psychiatric bark, China will be the No 1 economy, the US the No 1 Debtor and Defaulter and India the No1 Weapons importer with still no basic toilet and hygiene for its millions slumdogs.

Stay classy :rolleyes:

This is really no news. Both protagonists are doing exactly what they are programmed and conditioned to do. This is a drama that gets enacted once in every few years. Some one in the US invites the Dalai --- The Dalai visits the US --- the US welcomes the Dalai --- China protests and even raps the US ambassador on the knuckles occasionally --- life goes on as usual. There is always pressure on the US President to deny audience to the Dalai or at least not to look so thrilled to receive him, but in the end, it goes through. This time around, Mr Obama has been critisised heavily at home for withholding sale of new F-16s requested by Taiwan. There was really no way he could back out of this one. This will continue till the Dalai, having attained 'Moksha', departs for his heavenly abode. The equation will then change. For the new Dalai, to achieve the status of the present incumbent will not be easy. For the US to give recognition to the new Dalai, when he arrives will imply a profound policy decision. That visit, if at all it happens, will be different. This was just about maintaining the status quo, no big deal.

1. U.S is still No.1 on this planet, so it can do s.th that other countries can't
2. U.S feels challenge from China
3. U.S wants to interfere with China's progress
4. China has no good way to respond but to protest at the time, it's not powerful enough
5. That's why China is gonna build over 5 carriers in the future
6. When China is as powerful as Russia, send troops or agents to kill separatists all cross the world
7. now it's turn for other countries to protest

It's a pain to know you're not strong to protect your interests, but that makes you keep going... forward, forward.
It's interesting that to be No.3 or No.4... are in good situation than No.2, because No.1 will do s.th bad to No.2 by all means. Sounds a bell?
i sensed some Indian people felt glad about this, but if it is India that U.S now see as a big challenge, don't put hope on democracy. They just don't want another super power emerges, it's not a matter of democracy.

、

You know nothing about China.
All your view of points are from BBC CNN, etc. You think what they told you about China is all real? funny !
Such western media was trusted by many Chinese young people in the past and now we treat them as sh*t after 3.14 2008.
You keep thinking Chinese are brainwashed. It doesn’t matter.
We know what is the most important thing to China now and we are working hard to make our country better.
What do the western think about China? Who cares!

I think they are capable of independent thinking, but are constrained by the regime through various ways that are the hallmarks of totalitarian and Communist regimes.

In the past, there have been great Chinese thinkers and philosophers.

Hence, it is there, but prevented from surfacing and fructifying.

I wonder what the diplomatic relations between my University and the government of China are like. We had the Dalai Lama over. Lol...

China should invite kashmiris to form government in exile in china now.

China should invite kashmiris to form government in exile in china now.

You do realize that the exiled govt. of Azad Kashmir would want all 3 parts (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir ,IoK and CoK liberated!!:)
BTW whats all the fuss about? Dalai Llama is no longer part of that govt!

us could crash china at aney time it wants i dont think the children on this fourm get bretton woods, *** overload "hot money" and over growth if the us wanted to it could prime pump the econemy to grow at 10 % for 20 years and impload on the world but thats not responsibly. china yuan is atificaly low the people cannot buy what they make. the us will just QE3 china ino the ground thank you..

Your Knowledge of Econ is close to zero. The US has real short term interest rate at zero (the 4W is negative). Real growth is less than 2.5%, real inflation above 6% and real unemployment over 17%. QE3 hurts the poorest countries like India and Vietnam. China has subsidies and price controls.

Back
Top Bottom