What's new

Obama 'to expand drone strikes' in Pakistan

FreekiN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Obama 'to expand drone strikes' in Pakistan

Contributing:

The administration of the Nobel peace laureate, President Barack Obama, has authorized an expansion of drone attacks on Pakistan's troubled tribal regions, a new report says.

The New York Times report also says US and Pakistani officials are discussing the possibility of CIA operated drone strikes in Pakistan's Baluchistan province for the first time.

The purported aim of the American air strikes is to target militants. But Pakistani media outlets say the raids have mostly killed civilians.

The unpopular strikes were initiated under the George W Bush administration in 2006.

Use of drones has increased since the Nobel peace laureate, Obama, became president.

Obama has repeatedly vowed to expand the controversial strikes that have raised anti-US sentiments across Pakistan.

The development also comes as Obama has announced his intention to deploy 33,000 more troops to Afghanistan and his top commander in Afghanistan says that Washington is not planning an early exit from Afghanistan.

Although nearly 110,000 foreign troops are present in Afghanistan after more than eight years of US-led invasion, they have not been able to establish stability in the war-ravaged country.

Obama's decision to send more troops to Afghanistan was condemned by Democratic congressman Dennis Kucinich.

"The war is a threat to our national security. We'll spend over $100 billion next year to bomb a nation of poor people while we reenergize the Taliban, destabilize Pakistan, deplete our army and put more of our soldiers' lives on the line," the Ohio congressman said in a statement.

JR/MTM/DT

Good decision by obama.it has been very effective so far.more drone attacks,more taliban casualties

The purported aim of the American air strikes is to target militants. But Pakistani media outlets say the raids have mostly killed civilians.

The often repeated statement that the USA drone strikes "have mostly killed civilians" has no factual basis, and is logically false. The fact is that the drone strikes are the best way to attack terrorists while minimizing the killing of innocent civilians.

Last edited:
The often repeated statement that the USA drone strikes "have mostly killed civilians" has no factual basis, and is logically false. The fact is that the drone strikes are the best way to attack Jihadis while minimizing the killing of innocent civilians.

You are right,see there could be civilian casualities but minimum,and these are all propoganda's of anti-americans who also supports taliban too.and we have seen that bait-ul-allah mehsud was also killed by this bird,so it could be another nightmare for taliban.:chilli:

They are not jihadis,they are terrorists,our soldiers fighting against them are jihadis

Yes, I understand your distinction. Terrorists, then. I changed my post. I used to use the word "irhabii" instead of jihadi, but the Forum mods dis-allowed that word as well . (That's why I added a second "i" at the end. The Forum text filter won't let the word through if spelled correctly ......:cheesy:)

The often repeated statement that the USA drone strikes "have mostly killed civilians" has no factual basis, and is logically false. The fact is that the drone strikes are the best way to attack terrorists while minimizing the killing of innocent civilians.

Civilians are killed, nevertheless.

:sick:

BTW, Talibans and alqaueda are the groups supported by US government and CIA. Thats a Fact. Its all about the US monopoly. They are the think tanks who tell these groups what to do. You think these suicide bombs done by people are actual civilians. NO. they are People of US just couz they can show that : ohh you guyz cant control your country , lEt us do it. Same like iraq and Afghanistan. Mr 10 % has Sold Pak to US. They all Are facts. You guyz will know where im coming from when someone of your beloved one die.. my mamu has dies in the recent rawalpindi mosque. Thats what makes me come to this point.

Take care
Allah hafiz.

You are right,see there could be civilian casualities but minimum,and these are all propoganda's of anti-americans who also supports taliban too.and we have seen that bait-ul-allah mehsud was also killed by this bird,so it could be another nightmare for taliban.:chilli:

Thats why US propaganda that Baituallah Masood (Dummy) died in Drone strike so that people trust builtup on these drone strike but reality is more different.... hahhaha another brainwasher lol

THATS WHAT US WANT!

by the way for your kind information (Kudha-na-khwasta) when any missile hit your home and your home people die thn i will ask you HOW MUCH THESE DRONE STRIKES EFFECTIVE!!!

defintly other say "TERRORIST DIED IN DRONE ATTACK" :)

Talk Logically... before posting anything think twice!

Last edited:
Thats why US propaganda that Baituallah Masood (Dummy) died in Drone strike so that people trust builtup on these drone strike but reality is more different.... hahhaha another brainwasher lol

THATS WHAT US WANT!

by the way for your kind information (Kudha-na-khwasta) when any missile hit your home and your home people died thn i will ask you HOW MUCH THESE DRONE STRIKES EFFECTIVE!!!

defintly other say "TERRORIST DIED IN DRONE ATTACK" :)

Talk Logically... before posting anything think twice!

Im With you Stealth. 100%. My Uncle died in the recent Mosque attack in rawalpindi. It was said that they were terorists. But it was also said that there were security people there too but they didnt make no effort in Catching them. I mean WTF

You are quite correct, recently these drone strikes have been very accurate and that can be attributed to the shared intelligence between US and Pak Armies. In the beggining, the US Army was not coordinating drone strikes with the Pakistani Army and that is why many civilians lost their lives. I support these strikes whole heartedly, if these animals are not showing any mercy to us than why should we...

Why dont they just give the drones to us? And we'll rape the Taliban ourselves...

Even if we are ready to give them dollar still they wont give their sophisticated technology to us..
We have given the money back in 90s for F16.. but what we got for our money .....?

Civilians are killed, nevertheless.

:sick:

civilian collateral damage in war is a fact of life. That is one of the reasons war is so horrible. do you complain about civilian deaths from the Taliban and Pakistani military as well? The Taliban kill more civilians then the U.S. does. look it up.........

Back
Top Bottom