What's new

Obama Advisor: Pak Terror Groups Worst Threat to US

Quite frankly, you just keep proving me correct. You're a happy go lucky fella aren't you, completely okay with the bombings in Pakistan.

BLA is a terrorist outfit as declared by UK as well. It's just the US who won't accept it on that list, I wonder why! A way out for something they might have done in collaboration with it?

About BLA being saints and only targeting the military, here's a link, or many:

RAW: India's External Intelligence Agency - Council on Foreign Relations
CNN.com - Chinese engineers shot in Pakistan - Feb 15, 2006
ANOTHER TERRORIST ATTACK ON CHINESE ENGINEERS IN PAKISTAN
Pakistan suicide bomber kills schoolgirl - CNN.com
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Balochistan bombing 'kills five'
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Market bomb blast in Balochistan
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Bomb blast hits Pakistan shrine

And about it being indigenous:

Afghanistan: India?s new colony by Furzana Shaheen - Afghanistan - Zimbio
?RAW training 600 terrorists In Afghanistan? Senator Mushahid - Pakistan - Zimbio
'RAW camps in Balochistan' -DAWN - Top Stories; 31 August, 2004
Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Your link doesn't work... It is irrelevant what you guys think about us, what you should be concerned with is what we think about you.

I think that you're off topic here and trolling to boot.

Welcome back.

Thanks buddy .You should condem what happened with Afghan POWs and hopped President Elect obama shall change present stratagy of Afghanistan.

And here’s more on BLA terrorist bastards.

BLA kills six youths playing cricket in Quetta

By Malik Siraj Akbar

QUETTA: Unidentified gunmen on Friday opened indiscriminate fire on youths playing cricket near the Balochistan Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) headquarters, leaving at least six boys dead and three injured, police said. The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) claimed responsibility for the killings.More.

Talal warns Bramdagh to give up resistance

QUETTA: Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) President Nawabzada Talal Akbar Bugti on Monday asked his nephew and Baloch guerrilla leader Nawabzada Bramdagh Bugti to give up what he called ‘terrorist activities’. Talal, a son of former Balochistan governor and chief minister Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti, said in a news conference that Bramdagh was not serving the Baloch cause but promoting terrorism in the guise of a struggle for the rights of the Baloch people. “Targeting government installations, railway tracks, gas pipelines and killing innocent people from other provinces is no nationalism,” he said. “If Bramdagh does not surrender his operations, we will join hands with the government to crush him,” Talal said, adding that no one would be allowed to use the name of the Bugti family to kill innocent citizens. Talal and Bramdagh developed serious differences after the death of Nawab Akbar Bugti, as the former articulated his support for provincial autonomy and parliamentary politics while the latter took to the mountains to wage an armed resistance against the government.More.

And here’s more on BLA terrorist bastards.

BLA kills six youths playing cricket in Quetta

By Malik Siraj Akbar

QUETTA: Unidentified gunmen on Friday opened indiscriminate fire on youths playing cricket near the Balochistan Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) headquarters, leaving at least six boys dead and three injured, police said. The Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) claimed responsibility for the killings.More.

Talal warns Bramdagh to give up resistance

QUETTA: Jamhoori Watan Party (JWP) President Nawabzada Talal Akbar Bugti on Monday asked his nephew and Baloch guerrilla leader Nawabzada Bramdagh Bugti to give up what he called ‘terrorist activities’. Talal, a son of former Balochistan governor and chief minister Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti, said in a news conference that Bramdagh was not serving the Baloch cause but promoting terrorism in the guise of a struggle for the rights of the Baloch people. “Targeting government installations, railway tracks, gas pipelines and killing innocent people from other provinces is no nationalism,” he said. “If Bramdagh does not surrender his operations, we will join hands with the government to crush him,” Talal said, adding that no one would be allowed to use the name of the Bugti family to kill innocent citizens. Talal and Bramdagh developed serious differences after the death of Nawab Akbar Bugti, as the former articulated his support for provincial autonomy and parliamentary politics while the latter took to the mountains to wage an armed resistance against the government.More.
To some terrorism is only when innocent Americans die... They are terror sympathizers for non-American terrorism. They live in the fool's paradise under the impression that supporting terror in Pakistan might keep the terrorists forever engaged in Pakistan.

Terror Sympathizers 2.0. Maybe that should be an official term for such people.

No. Our government believes the BLA is an indigenous insurrection. Our information suggests that they haven't willfully targeted innocents and have largely limited their actions to attacks upon your military and infrastructure.

A quick note here S-2:

The BLA has openly claimed bombings on civilians as far away as Karachi.

At the beginning of the current GoP's term, we were ridiculing the newly elected Baluchistan Chief Minister's attempts at 'reconciliation' by stating that the BLA was 'innocent and patriotic' and could not have carried out bombings on civilians, when the BLA was in fact openly claiming them.

There is no doubt that the BLA has targeted civilians, and to support the US position on this count is completely disingenuous.

Now who's the impatient one? Sorry but the functional requirements of rehabilitation which exist for FATA extend to Afghanistan in spades. So whatever timeframe you envision for FATA's rehabilitation can be used to extrapolate a reasonable but larger time for Afghanistan. That would be the case very fairly even without an insurgency.

By shifting the dynamics of the region I am also arguign for encouraging changes in how the various actors view the situation. In Pakistan's case, that would involve convincing her that the US will indeed be there for fifty years, and even more so, that those fifty years are not going to be characterized by the rise of an entity that provides sanctuary to groups such as the BLA and Indian machinations.

Border issues, transparency in Indian operations, shutting down UAV strikes (fifty years of that is not something that lends to stability) - there are many issues that can be addressed, and need to be addressed, for the long haul to be productive.

My offered link works fine. There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

I looked at your links. They're not conclusive and there remain considerable grievances accrued by Baluchis. I'm sure that you're convinced otherwise. This from Rabzon's article though-

"Separately, talking to reporters after visiting the injured boys, Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani said he would quit if his government remained unable to resolve the situation in the province. He claimed the BLA was not responsible and he would bring the real culprits to justice."

I note also that the Qalat bombing was unclaimed and that the Quetta bombing appeared timed to a convoy of FC personnel. I also note you reaching back to 2004 to make your case. The Baluchis have been trying to make theirs since 1948. The Chinese engineers are clearly political targets for anybody concerned whether baluchi or taliban.

You might have a case, Asim, but you'd have to reach far into the insurgency's history to equal the numbers that the taliban are piling up in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Satisfying baluchi grievances might be the answer as the chief minister above appears to suggest.

Wouldn't that undercut any support for these supposed RAW operations?

How many Indian consulates are there in Afghanistan and Iran and where are they? I know of four and an embassy. One is in Kandahar. The rest are in Kabul, Herat, Mazur-I-Sharif, and Jalalabad. Can the Kandahar consulate support operations in central and western Baluchistan? Probably not. Herat? Maybe but not easily there either.

Other consulates please?

Do afghan camps by Baluchi "terrorists" operate under the nose of the British in Helmand? I've heard of none reported by the British. You'd think, declarations of terrorism, etc. that the British would be on the lookout for just such a thing. It is, after all, their area of operation.

How about you? Maybe you know their locations? What role, btw, do the Iranians play here, Asim? Let's hope that the BLA doesn't start getting explosively forged penetrators (EFPs) for roadside bombs from al-Quds.

Lot of questions about Baluchi status accorded by the GoP that deserve more and better answers, I suppose. I doubt that you'll attempt doing so.

Finally, I note that the United States isn't the only nation that's withheld judgement with respect to the BLA. There are actually many notable others so there seems some uncertainty on the issue of BLA terror. By consensus, there's none where AQAM is concerned.

"To some terrorism is only when innocent Americans die..."

Cheap posturing for the local audience. It might get you an extra "thank you" here but that attitude doesn't wash where it matters.

"It is irrelevant what you guys think about us, what you should be concerned with is what we think about you."

Guess that means you won't be reading the link, eh? Well, here you can virtually re-gift easily enough. Let's just hope that you don't delete it. Meanwhile, I'll keep the above two intensely arrogant thoughts in mind but you'll understand if I don't hold all pakistanis obligated to those views.

The Baluchis have been trying to make theirs since 1948.

That is incorrect. The Khan of Kalat, as the name indicates, was the ruler of the Khanate of Kalat, and not Baluchistan, nor did the territory he governed come anywhere close to encompassing the majority of Baluchistan.

The Baluchis chose through a province wide Jirga (not including the 'princely states' such as Kalat) to join Pakistan. The Khan of Kalat was the only one who waffled and schemed to somehow not only stay independent, but also have territories in the rest of Baluchistan annexed to his so that he might rise up as a ruler of all of Baluchistan.

Hardly a 'case made by Baluchis'.

And finally, one needs to differentiate between the Baluchis and the Sardars, and understand the Sardari system in Baluchistan and how it influences the people under the protection of the Sardar. It was the Sardar's who led the rebellions.

Finally, I note that the United States isn't the only nation that's withheld judgement with respect to the BLA. There are actually many notable others so there seems some uncertainty on the issue of BLA terror. By consensus, there's none where AQAM is concerned.

You have nitpicked details in some of the reports to argue what? That the US (and these notable others) is justified in not branding the BLA a terrorist organization because in some cases when they bombed and murdered, a government entity was in proximity?

You are distorting and cherry picking facts to exonerate the BLA from its involvement in terrorism to justify an unjustifiable position on the part of the US. Asim's argument is looking more accurate at this point - it is only terrorism when US blood is spilled or her interests attacked.

It is interesting that while not branding the BLA a terrorist organization, the US legislature has hosted briefings from people like Selig Harrison, who openly argued for the breakup of Pakistans and the independence of Baluchistan in those briefing, as well as the ranting of people like Ralph Peters and other assorted 'Think Tank's'. Perhaps the refusal to brand the BLA a terrorist organization does have sinister undertones...

Last edited:
"Perhaps the refusal to brand the BLA a terrorist organization does have sinister undertones..."

Sure it does. Everything has sinister undertones to a Pakistani. Try this-the British Foreign Office doesn't drive the bus at foggy bottom and we're not sold on your arguments. We don't support the BLA in any form or fashion. Whether you wish to call them terrorists is your business. Here's what we call terrorism-

NCTC Report On Terrorism-2007- Nat'l Counter Terrorism Center

Over the first six months, I noted two incidents- a Quetta courtroom bombing with no claim of responsibility and an attack upon Iranian Revolutionary Guardsmen by Jundallah. That's one un-claimed attack in Baluchistan and one in neighboring Baluchi Iran over the first six months of 2007.

Further, there seems to be no deep understanding of the overwhelming penetration of Afghanistan by India in the west that so preoccupies Pakistanis. We aren't seeing it sufficient for some high-minded self-righteous do-gooder to cry "foul"! Because there surely are plenty of those in Afghanistan who'd do so in a heartbeat if there was a story here.

I've read about seventeen Indian consulates here at def.pk but nobody seems to know where they are exactly. I'll settle for ten as I'm only aware of four and a bombed-out embassy. Depending who you read here, 10,000 to 100,000 Indian soldiers were already in Afghanistan. Not a single mod that I've witnessed has shut that nonsense down. I'm led to believe that Baluchi rebels attack Pakistan from across the border in Afghanistan but I've yet to see one article from any BLA camp in Afghanistan.

I sense a deep desire to equivocate as though it would justify the use of sovereign Pakistani soil as taliban sanctuary but the attacks just aren't there and the long history of Pakistan's less than fair handling of the Baluchi grievances well-known. This argues against the credibility of any equivocation. We call it a nationalist insurrection that includes the BLA. You may call the BLA as you wish.

NCTC's definition of terrorism and it's database are available should you wish through the link. It does make for good reading and the database is an excellent resource.

Sure it does. Everything has sinister undertones to a Pakistani. Try this-the British Foreign Office doesn't drive the bus at foggy bottom and we're not sold on your arguments.

Of course you aren't sold on our arguments, that is why the hypocrisy of your position in excusing the murder of innocents by the BLA through cherry picking facts from reports related to terrorist attacks by the BLA is being pointed out here.

I am not sure what sources you are looking at to determine that only one attack on non-combatants claimed by the BLA has occurred, when links to more attacks have been given and more are available.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

BLA claims responsibility for several deadly attacks in Balochistan

In the second link, at least 4 out of the 7 attacks were on non-combatants.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom