What's new

NYT report about the Dir operatives funeral

A-Team

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
I wonder what is the Pakistan security apparatus doing while hundreds are gathering to pay respect to these people who are bent on going to Heaven ( Janat ) through Afghanistan.

LOWER DIR, Pakistan — A mass funeral on Friday for as many as 20 local militants said to have been killed by American airstrikes in neighboring Afghanistan drew hundreds of mourners in the northwestern Pakistani district of Lower Dir, according to local residents and participants.

One main speaker at the ceremony, a Pakistani commander for Hezb-i-Islami named Naseed Rehman Darwesh, said that dozens of militants from Lower Dir, a remote district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province, had been killed in Afghan battles over the past year. But he pledged that the fight would go on.

“We will continue to fight the American forces and its ally Afghan forces,” Mr. Darwesh said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/w...trikes-draws-hundreds.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

I wonder what is the Pakistan security apparatus doing while hundreds are gathering to pay respect to these people who are bent on going to Heaven ( Janat ) through Afghanistan.

LOWER DIR, Pakistan — A mass funeral on Friday for as many as 20 local militants said to have been killed by American airstrikes in neighboring Afghanistan drew hundreds of mourners in the northwestern Pakistani district of Lower Dir, according to local residents and participants.

One main speaker at the ceremony, a Pakistani commander for Hezb-i-Islami named Naseed Rehman Darwesh, said that dozens of militants from Lower Dir, a remote district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province, had been killed in Afghan battles over the past year. But he pledged that the fight would go on.

“We will continue to fight the American forces and its ally Afghan forces,” Mr. Darwesh said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/w...trikes-draws-hundreds.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

This shows the dire state that Pakistanis is in -- irrespective of the propaganda pieces hailing the latest savior general messiah.

By extension -- just imagine what things are like in Afghanistan.

Misery loves company.

Isnt this Gubuddin Hekmatyar group ? The one you are negotiating with as well ?

So why do the people of Tribal Areas and Afghanistan blame everything on USA? Its obvious that a lot of them truly hold the belief of Violent Jihad. Maybe you shouldn't have allowed militants to seek refuge in your Tribal areas, no one would care. Pakistan only sent its forces in Tribal Areas after 9/11, before that Tribal Areas were de facto Pakistani territory without any laws, honestly majority of Pakistanis living in cities never even cared what went on in Tribal areas until Musharaf decided to send in the Army.

Back
Top Bottom