What's new

Nusrat Bhutto (ZAB's wife and BB's mother) passes away

No we're not. She was a brave lady as she saw her husband died, she saw her son died, then she saw her daughter died. Only a brave person can bear and go through all these miseries.

The Govt. has announced holiday for tomorrow, just to appease the Jiyalas.
The holiday is only in Sindh as per my understanding..or is it for whole country?

The holiday is only in Sindh as per my understanding..or is it for whole country?

First Sindh Governor Ishratul Ibad announced holiday for Sindh, later Balochistan Government did the same. Since Punjab and KPK didn't follow, the prime minster made it for the whole country.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon. May Allah give them an easy and pleasant journey and shower blessings on his/her grave.

"QUOTE"

"It is generally believed that the US wanted Zoulfiqar Ali Bhutto to be removed from the political scene of Pakistan mainly on two accounts. First, for the nuclear policy that he framed and tried to relentlessly pursue and secondly, from apprehensions that ZAB was influencing the countries. He posed a serious challenge to the US interests in the region. “Tally-ho. Kill Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, “ yelled the self-proclaimed policemen of the world. During August 1976, Amercian Secretary of States, Dr. Henry Kissinger had warned Bhutto, “We will make a horrible example of you,” adding menacingly, “When the railroad is coming, you get out of the way.” The American had successfully cultivated a number of well-placed bureaucrats, PPP stalwarts and ministers who wittingly or inadvertently served as the US agents of influence. American diplomats and CIA operators not only got most of the ‘inside’ information from these ‘gentlemen’ but also utilized their good offices to ‘convey’ whatever they wanted to feed or plant. Some officers from USMAAG had also made meaningful ingresses in the General Headquarters and not only gathered the thinking in the Services Headquarters but would also drop a ‘suggestion’ here and there. Some of the US Diplomats had established direct contacts with a number of PNA leaders whom they continued to aid, support and give day-to-day line of action. A number of US diplomats were not only actively involved but also directed the operations against Bhutto. Jan M. Gibney, Political Officer, US Consulate General, Lahore, duly assisted by a couple of Pakistanis, was extremely active and would frequently visit a number of Politicians Maulana Maudoodi of Jamat-e-Islami and Maulan Obaidullah Anwar, Jamiat-e-Ulmai-Islam of Sheranwala Gate, Lahore. Apart from holding meetings, a wireless network had been established between the USIS-US Consulate General – Maulana Maudoodi’s residence. It was Gibney who had telephoned and conveyed to Howard B. Schaffer, Chief of Political Affairs, US Embassy, Islamabad, that notorious sentence, “The party is over. Merchandise has gone.” The US had also released PL-480 funds. Over night some Jamat-e-Islami workers were seen with pockets full of money and spending lavishly. A number of businessmen, particularly those, who had suffered due to ZAB’s economic and industrial policies, had also been prompted to contribute towards the PNA funds. As there were no party accounts being maintained as such, the contributions were received personally by some of the leaders. Justice (Retd.) Kaikaus and Rafiq Ahmed Bajwa are among those who are alleged to have made millions."

PROFILES OF INTELLIGENCE by Brigadier Syed A. I. Tirmazi, SI (M).

People before questioning ZAB at least know the Truth

Indeed she was a brave lady, not only in terms of Pakistan’s first lady and then seeing her husband and children’s brutal murder, but also she led from front.

From prime minister’s house to baton charge at Gaddafi stadium, from solitary imprisonment in different jails to house arrest and then her fight against cancer.

She was always on front, may God bless her soul and made her passage easy to HIS blessings.

RIP Bhutto. Indeed she was a brave lady.

On a serious note. Was it really necessary to announce a public holiday for tomorrow (Monday 24th October) by Prime Minister Gilani?

Yes it should be, she was daughter-in-law of a prime minister, she was wife of a prime minister, she was mother of a prime minister and also she stood against the illegal, illegitimate and brutal regime of Gen Zia-i-Haq

Jo log allah ki rah main mar jaen unhain murda na kaho. Zinda hai bhutto zinda hai.

RIP.

BTW can you tell me wo kese ALLAH ki raah me mari ha?

well she is died no GOD give her soul rest in peace...

Nusrat Bhutto.. mother in Law of President Asif Ali Zardari dead .. he is celebrating tomorrow..which is why a precious working day is being wasted to extend his weekend.

As a human being I feel sad. LAst 15 years or so her life (after the death of Murtaza Bhutto) were particularly painful.

But I can't stop myself thinking one thought: the political gains for Zardari from this "timely death" of his mother in law will be enormous

I am Glad that at least she didnot die 2 days before the Elections....

and its a holiday :yahoo:

and I hope you have not given your Swiss account details to Zardari and kept the code to yourself...

Politics apart, she was a very brave woman, who had to see the death of 4 very close relatives, unbearable for anybody.

But , why the heck a holiday for the whole country, why the heck 10 days of mourning, why the heck special flights to sukkur airport form most major airports, why the heck flag at half mast, it was not a national loss, a sad incident, but not a national tragedy.

These PPP folks really do take it over the line sometimes.

Assalam alaikum

Very well said it brother, actually we r living in badshahat of zardari this kind of behavour bring an opposite reaction from the others and they kind of insult the dead or seem the r not respecting them

TARIQ

Hi, what a joke of a government/administration. Shutting down the country for someone who never even lived there for the past 2 decades? Also just what you need, to lose an entire day of business, and tax revenue in a failing economy...

This whole thing is turning out to be as if a national leader, which had steered the country to prosperity had just died. let's be fair , who gave a jack thought about her since the last 15 years? Nobody, living in Dubai for many years and this is what we get.

Media people saying she will be remembered for centuries, now that is a joke. I don't think so.

Flag at half mast, 10 days government mourning, this is like a monarchy.

Back
Top Bottom