What's new

Number of undernourished people in India down 6.5%: FAO

I am dubious about these numbers as it says that Sri Lanka has the highest rate of undernourished people!

Its not always related to money.
At times society doesnt consume different nutrients in adequate quantities - happens in some cuisines. The way to solve that is to encourage the people to have differing meals.

Guyz - Normally i don't believe on "Share to donate" links but this from WFP site and as per them each quiz will give food to one child, i think there is no harm in answering few question Test Your Hunger IQ

Interesting numbers:

So, as of now:

India has 213 million undernourished.
China has 158 million undernourished.

Hope the food security law gets our 213 million out of undernourishment. At the very least, we let china have the no. 1 position from their current no. 2.

For that we need to get 55 million people out of undernourishment, at the very least. Good food production surely helps us in this; even while china continues to import food.

Its pathetic that you are comparing with China on this statistic. You should try to ensure that no one in your country in under nourished. If your leaders think like you, than all the poor 158 million Indians would be out of luck as India is only strive to ensure that the absolute number is lower than that of China. Instead of trying to ensure that everyone is taken care of.

Its pathetic that you are comparing with China on this statistic. You should try to ensure that no one in your country in under nourished. If your leaders think like you, than all the poor 158 million Indians would be out of luck as India is only strive to ensure that the absolute number is lower than that of China. Instead of trying to ensure that everyone is taken care of.

I personally find it hilarious that for him it's a competition as to who has more undernourished children - a 3rd world people, what do you expect?

I personally find it hilarious that for him it's a competition as to who has more undernourished children - a 3rd world people, what do you expect?

Well, I won't blame him. That is just the attitude of many Indians here. These guys are obsess with competing against China. Its ok if 1 billion of their nationals are starving to death as long as China has 1 billion and 1 person starving to death.

I expect the food security bill to change things dramatically in the near future . No Indian will sleep without having proper diet :coffee:
Hence the 6.5% number will fall to around 0.01% maybe !

Back
Top Bottom