What's new

Number of foreign tourists arrival in Pakistan regain upward trend

BHarwana

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
342396_2583899_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: As many as 10476 foreign visitors were arrived in Pakistan on tourist visa to look around the popular destination of the country during the year 2017, regaining an upward momentum of tourist’s arrival.

According to an official source, around 9161 visitors arrived in the country on tourist visa in the year 2016, 6474 in 2015, 5575 in 2014 and 10560 in the year 2013. The popular destinations for tourists were Gilgit Baltistan (Deosai Rama, Hunza, Atabad Lake), Chitral Valley, Swat valley, Kaghan valley and Murree and Galliat during the period which is determined through the business volume in Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation (PTDC) motels in the region and number of visitors at tourists Information centers in these areas.

PTDC has taken many steps for promotion of tourism which include distribution of 58,010 tourist publications from July 2013 till February 2018, participation in five international tourism events and workshops, restoration of United Nation World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and PATA memberships and holding of UNWTO workshop in Pakistan after 11 years.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/3...ist-s-arrival-in-pakistan-regain-upward-trend

That is a figure so low that it is embarrasing to even quote. I mean a Indian slum in Mumbai probably gets more foreign vistors then a country of 200 million people.

At least it is a progress. Rest curse the PML-N Govt who did nothing to make improvement in the sector. Pakistan has one of the worlds best tourist sites and Govt is just busy in corruption. there are no online Agencies promoting tourism in Pakistan. What can you expect the figure to be?

The potential is there but ………...

The most important thing needed for tourism is destination. Destination is there but Govt is sucker full of illiterate people and idiots. Nawaz only knows how to eat food rest is above his head.

1.75 million visitors visited Pakistan in 2017.

Figure in the OP are of those visitors who enjoyed the services provided by PTDC(Pakistan Tourism Development Corporation) which recently started to offer 20% discount to foreigners at its selected hotels/motels etc.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/309042-175-million-tourists-visited-pakistan-in-2017-ptdc

PTDC has recently launched Pakistan Tourism Friends Club, in which members of the club will get exclusive 20% discount on PTDC facilities.

All these things will set in motion once you have a leader who makes such things a priority. LOL anyone who expects tourism to have any sort of priority under Zardari or Nawaz Sharif needs a reality check.

We need to focus on our immediate surrounding. China, Russia and Iran among others are great potential tourists. We have South East Asian bloc. We have Turkey. South Americans also love trekking. If we promote tourism in these countries there is great potential. Heck, we have a huge expat community abroad. We can't even attract them in greater numbers to Pakistan.

The Western world is too biased. They view Pakistan through the Indian prism. Their views regarding Pakistan won't change because as an Islamic nuclear power we are always at fault. It will always be difficult for Pakistan to attract mass Western tourists. The occasional Western tourist shouldn't be confused with mainstream Western tourists.

Last edited:
You can spend your entire life watching this scenery but Govt is idiot.

7575701.jpg
I want to visit Pakistan. But whenever I go to the travel agency, I found it too expensive for me.

A 7 days to Turkey journey worth only 6000RMB, 7 days to Russia 3500RMB, 14 days in west eourpe 7500RMB, and to USA just worth 10000RMB. Guess who much should I pay to Pakistan? 11000RMB.

Could anyone tell me why so expensive? Is your hotels expensive or living cost in Karachi expensive? Or something else?

Last edited:
I want to visit Pakistan. But whenever I go to the travel agency, I found it too expensive for me.

A 7 days to Turkey journey worth only 6000RMB, 7 days to Russia 3500RMB, 14 days in west eourpe 7500RMB, and to USA just worth 10000RMB. Guess who much should I pay to Pakistan? 11000RMB.

Could any tell me why so expensive? Is your hotels expensive or living expensive in Karachi expensive? Or something else?

You are travelling from China to Pakistan?

I think you are quoting these prices with out Plane tickets?

If your quoted figure of staying in Pakistan for 11000RMB for 1 week then someone is trying to scam you because in that much you can live like a king in Pakistan.

You are travelling from China to Pakistan?

I think you are quoting these prices with out Plane tickets?

If your quoted figure of staying in Pakistan for 11000RMB for 1 week then someone is trying to scam you because in that much you can live like a king in Pakistan.
No, I am quoting prices with plane tickets. The round trip air ticke from Beijing or Jinan to Moscow always worth only 2000RMB after discount.

Well so far I guess the hotel expense is very high for foreigners in Pakistan. Like China, you can only booking 3 star hotels and above with your passport.

Last edited:
No, I am quoting prices with plane tickets. The round trip air ticke from Beijing or Jinan to Moscow always worth only 2000RMB after discount.

Well so far I guess the hotel expense is very high for foreigners in Pakistan. Like China, you can only booking 3 star hotels and above with your passport.

The hotels rates for 4 star are almost the same as in Beijing like a room in Beijing Pudi Hotel costs 700 RMB which is almost the same in Pakistan. But there are ways to bring down these costs in Pakistan. Many hotels offer privilege cards in Pakistan which decreases room price to 50% the card cost almost equal to one day stay and you get a day free on the card.

If you want to travel and need help I can provide you links how to bring down the cost of your stay.

WTF 10476 in whole year.....figure seems fishy or might be some mistake.....
as per PTDC only foreign tourists who visited Pakistan numbers 1.75 million in 2017.

The hotels rates for 4 star are almost the same as in Beijing like a room in Beijing Pudi Hotel costs 700 RMB which is almost the same in Pakistan. But there are ways to bring down these costs in Pakistan. Many hotels offer privilege cards in Pakistan which decreases room price to 50% the card cost almost equal to one day stay and you get a day free on the card.

If you want to travel and need help I can provide you links how to bring down the cost of your stay.
I see that's the trouble, like China the hotel cost is a bit high for foreigners. 7days tirp cost 4900 RMB in hotels is not cheap. Seems if I count the plane ticket and food price in, 11000RMB is quite reasonable.

Any tip for booking website in Pakistan? I love the view of Kashmir, snow moutain and clean rivers are lovely.

Any tip for booking website in Pakistan? I love the view of Kashmir, snow moutain and clean rivers are lovely.

You can visit Kashmir much cheaper than Karachi I will update you in some time. Do you have any particular area in mind you want to visit so I can guide you better or do you need a suggestion?

Back
Top Bottom