What's new

Nukes silenced India, made defence impregnable

India attempted to perform surgical strikes inside Pakistan (In short: attempted to mimic US) in 2008. However, PAF was ready and Indians abandoned.

Seriously? why will IAF perform surgical strikes on Pakistani soil without ensuring air superiority first, even so what purpose would it serve India to do so.

Some people believe nukes ensured a strategic equilibrium in the sub continent.

But then is Pakistan's conventional military that in capable that it cannot hold out against an Indian onslaught?

Did India ever have intentions w.r.t Pakistan to repeat something like 1971 post 1971?

Seriously? why will IAF perform surgical strikes on Pakistani soil without ensuring air superiority first, even so what purpose would it serve India to do so.
Indian military planners can answer this. India attempted to do something on December 13, 2008 (send a few armed Jets in to Pakistani airspace). PAF responded in time.

News regarding this incident is not mainstream for unknown reasons.

Ask your military planners. India attempted to do something on December 13, 2008. PAF responded in time.
Yes if we planned to do something why were your troops moved, why not your nuclear arsenal unleashed?

Indian military planners can answer this. India attempted to do something on December 13, 2008 (send a few armed Jets in to Pakistani airspace). PAF responded in time.

Alot more happened in 2008!

Most of my relatives were posted to new locations and it was a very tense time. Good thing nothing happened.

Don't such violations happen often from both sides? and like another member mentioned , it could have been a test run

Alot more happened in 2008!

Most of my relatives were posted to new locations and it was a very tense time. Good thing nothing happened.
I agree. I myself witnessed major military movements in Lahore after Mumbai Incident.

Don't such violations happen often from both sides? and like another member mentioned , it could have been a test run
They do happen. But this wasn't a minor incursion.

Here;

1. At 11:30 am PST [Pakistan Standard Time], 3 Indian Mirage 2000-H fighter jets crossed the line of control, intruding in airspace over Pakistani side of the disputed valley of Kashmir, up until approximately three to four miles before they were intercepted by 2 F16s and 2 Mirage III fighter jets of Pakistan air force.

2. The second intrusion was recorded at around 12:20 pm PST, when 2 Indian SU-30 MKIs crossed the international border near an eastern city of Pakistan; Lahore. During this instance, they were able to penetrate around 2 miles inside the Pakistani airspace before getting intercepted by 3 F-16s and 3 F7 fighter jets of Pakistan air force.

What was the motive in this case? Surgical strikes is one of the assumptions.

Such misadventure will surely lead to a MAD scenario, which neither can ill afford, hence it becomes impregnable since you are in no position to call the bluff.

Only a worthy debater deserves a logical response....cheap shots are just waste of space.

By latest account, part timers are forever spreading....apparently all the way to Punjab. !!

Fund flow to Naxals under NIA scanner
Why don't you just follow your own advice??It applies to you even more strongly............
Rahi baat misadventure and calling bluff ki toh I was just giving you a scenario...............The agni could be replaced by any multi role aircraft loaded with conventional Munitions..........it could still enter the Pakistani Air in a time of war could it not??and the nukes would have done nothing............
That hardly makes Pakistan impregnable........That is a serious bit of exaggeration on the part of Sharif
And you are right ,since neither country would want MAD it would be a short conventional conflict, if ever, and wold be won by the person who can mobilise and strike his forces faster

I agree. I myself witnessed major military movements in Lahore after Mumbai Incident.

They do happen. But this wasn't a minor incursion.

Here;

Proof for the mentioned incidents, please............

It seems that way, but then again, if a successful surgical strike would have been carried out, it would mean an open declaration of war on Pakistan, let say somehow India escapes the military consequences, even then diplomatic backlash will heavy , India will obviously be painted as the aggressor.

Also i'm sure Lahore has good SAM coverage

“India could have attacked Pakistan many times, but due to Pakistan’s being an atomic power, India could not gather courage to do so,” Nawaz told a huge gathering organised here by Nazria-e-Pakistan Trust and Tehreeke Pakistan Workers Trust in connection with the 14th Youme Takbeer at Aiwan-e-Karkunan Tehreek-e-Pakistan.
'Attacked Pakistan many times'? Whatever for? :woot: This guy Nawaz seems overly paranoid!

Anyone with even half a brain cell would understand that if Pakistan had the courage to attack India in Kargil in spite of Indian nukes, would Pakistan's nukes have stopped India from a limited conventional war with Pakistan? :azn: No way!

But India hasn't gone off her rocker just yet, to indulge in needless war games with Pakistan!! Jeeez!

It was not a surgical strike. If it were the IAF planes would have fought their way through to strike at the target. It was simply a probing mission; check out PAF's response time, and try to paint PAF's radar and SAM locations. The Israelis are famous for this, they call this a 'test run' and regularly employ this against their Arab neighbours to paint the locations of their SAM's and ground radars. Trust me i know what happened, i have had the pleasure to meet the pilot whom flew the interception sortie. The IAF never in a million years could have imagined the response it got from PAF, within seconds PAF's interceptors were airborne to greet the incoming bogies. Incoming bogies were locked/tailed, at no point IAF fighters performed aggressive manoeuvres which is evidence enough they were not on a strike mission.

I am awake(not dreaming), and yet people call it failed state...

People are free to say whatever they want, the benefits of living in a democracy. However me being a Pakistani citizen and currently residing in Pakistan, i simply fail to see how Pakistan is called a failed state. The reality on ground is quite different than what people say. Most of the people calling Pakistan a failed state including you have never even been to Pakistan, they are only internet analysts.

If you go back to those days and recall the tone and tenor of Indian leaders, you will realize what Nawaz Sharif said was right. If you want to see how much Indians hate us, look no further than when they have sense of superiority over us. Its then that their statements and their actions betray the the total and pure hate towards Pakistan.

Those who sing the song of 'amn ki ashaa' and peace and friendly relations must not be blinded 'all is well' feeling promoted. India is an arch rival and it will remain that way. The way forward is to keep this 'status quo' by keeping the strategic balance in the region. Imagine with a war in Afghanistan and US fully backing India despite our slavery to US interests in the region, what would have been Pakistan today if we did not have nuclear weapons? India would have definitely attacked Pakistan on one cheap excuse or another.

Pakistani nukes have certainly rendered the Indian Conventional advantage futile.

Back
Top Bottom