What's new

Now Possible to Drive Cars between India & Sri Lanka

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Flemingo Liners, the international passenger ferry service operating between Colombo Sri Lanka and Tuticorin in India, has launched a "Drive in-Drive out" facility on its vessel Scotia Prince, announced the company.

Accordingly the tourists boarding from India can take their vehicles with them on the ferry and drive around in Sri Lanka on sightseeing.

The vehicles are checked inside the ship as registered baggage and the passenger can claim them on reaching their destination, the company says.

'Carnet de Passage' document, from the Automobile Association of India which costs around 5,000 Indian rupees, is necessary to enjoy this benefit, the company announced.

On reaching Sri Lanka, the passengers should approach the local Automobile Association to obtain a temporary registration certificate to go around the country in the vehicle.

The new facility promises to boost tourism between India and Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka : \'Drive in-Drive out\' facility on Scotia Prince vessel run between India and Sri Lanka

Flemingo Liners, the international passenger ferry service operating between Colombo Sri Lanka and Tuticorin in India, has launched a "Drive in-Drive out" facility on its vessel Scotia Prince, announced the company.

Accordingly the tourists boarding from India can take their vehicles with them on the ferry and drive around in Sri Lanka on sightseeing.

The vehicles are checked inside the ship as registered baggage and the passenger can claim them on reaching their destination, the company says.

'Carnet de Passage' document, from the Automobile Association of India which costs around 5,000 Indian rupees, is necessary to enjoy this benefit, the company announced.

On reaching Sri Lanka, the passengers should approach the local Automobile Association to obtain a temporary registration certificate to go around the country in the vehicle.

The new facility promises to boost tourism between India and Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka : \'Drive in-Drive out\' facility on Scotia Prince vessel run between India and Sri Lanka

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice.

"this message is too short. Please add more ..."

What happens, when you go with your car to SL, and they wont give a permit to drive??

This is great stuff, might drive to Sri Lanka, if I will be in South India ever in the future.

What happens, when you go with your car to SL, and they wont give a permit to drive??

So, Lankans also can bring their Vehicles to India?

Thanks for the info, buddy what happened to yesterday's marriage??? shifted dropped??/ You still on forums on second day.. unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, buddy what happened to yesterday's marriage??? shifted dropped??/ You still on forums on second day.. unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: .

thanks to my wife, she also works for a news tv channel.
from next sunday i will be out from PDF for one week.

Interesting development. IF both governments are strong on building concrete economic ties, they should instead build a bridge connecting kanyakumari a srilanka( which is barely 40 km?)
Maybe I think Srilanka dont have anything significant to offer to India to justify such an investment?

OTOH it goes against the Indian policy of no bridges with nuetral neighbours? Just my thoughts :D

Interesting development. IF both governments are strong on building concrete economic ties, they should instead build a bridge connecting kanyakumari a srilanka( which is barely 40 km?)
Maybe I think Srilanka dont have anything significant to offer to India to justify such an investment?

OTOH it goes against the Indian policy of no bridges with nuetral neighbours? Just my thoughts :D

Madam Jayalalitha, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu is on a rampage against Sri Lanka at present. She has screamed from the top of her ivory tower wanting the Indian government to cut off ties with Sri Lanka and impose sanctions on the island. In such circumstances, any proposal to build a bridge linking the two nations will likely make her rabid cries even shriller and several (deluded) people might set themselves on fire/burn effigies/attack public property etc throughout Tamil Nadu. I don't see it happening with the present TN government in power, which is quite unfortunate really.

As usual it is Tamil Nadu that is the obstacle in furthering Indo-Lankan ties.

buddy my advice to you is - Love marriage better then Arrenge marriage.

Back
Top Bottom