What's new

Now Mr Zaradari appoint himself Chairman of Nuclear Command and Control

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: A report of the standing committee on defence on the National Command Authority bill, 2007, was laid before the National Assembly on Wednesday.
The bill has proposed that the president should be the chairman of the authority.
Apparently, the bill has been laid before parliament to satisfy the international community on the steps being introduced on safety of Pakistan’s nuclear facility and non-proliferation.
A source in the committee claimed that the government was under pressure to defuse the growing international concern over the safety of Pakistan’s nuclear facility.
Observers attributed rushing of the report to parliament to the growing mistrust being created by the international media about safety of Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal.

PML-N’s Ayaz Amir, a member of the committee, had opposed naming the president as chairman of the authority.

After introduction of the report in the National Assembly, Mr Amir told the house that the committee was assured by its chairperson that a final approval would be given at another meeting, but it was not done. He called for inserting his dissenting note in the report.

Later, Mr Amir told Dawn that he had proposed that the prime minister should be made chairman of the authority.

According to the report, the president will be the chairman and the prime minister will be the deputy chairman of the authority. Other members will be the ministers for foreign affairs, defence, finance and interior, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, three services chiefs and the director general of the Strategic Plans Division.

The statement of objectives lays down the significance of the report as under:

‘Pakistan, as a responsible state and considering the obligations under the international law, particularly under UNSC resolution 1540, it is in order to re-demonstrate through the present law the resolve of the government to continue to exercise full and complete control and security and safety measures over all matters concerning nuclear and space technologies, nuclear establishments, nuclear systems, nuclear materials, relevant personnel and related information, etc.’
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira, in separate statements, reiterated that Pakistan’s nuclear assets were under fool-proof command and control security system.
Mr Kaira dismissed international media reports as highly speculative, saying the country’s nuclear programme was a symbol of national achievement, security, pride and sovereignty.
‘There is no question of any deals or tacit understanding by Pakistan with any external actor on our nuclear weapons’ status during any crisis situation.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Report on command authority bill tabled in NA
Whats wrong with Mr Zaradari ?....Is he hungry for extreme power. God bless Gen Kiyani

i found it. Your link contained a single ' at the end.

I am confused about this news :what:
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari has telephoned PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif, Geo News reported Wednesday.

The President thanked Mr. Sharif on his statement over minus-one formula, terming the latter’s statement as a reflection of positive political thinking.

Both the leaders concurred on strengthening democratic system without giving opportunity to undemocratic forces.

A PML-N source told Geo News in Lahore that President encouraged Mr.Sharif for adopting positive political thinking which will strengthen the democracy. To this Mr. Sharif said that he believes in politics of principles and the government should complete its five year term.

Nawaz Sharif insisted that it is necessary to repeal the 17th amendment of the Constitution to ensure supremacy of parliament, the sources added.

The PML-N leader also criticized Pervaiz Musharraf’s statement regarding President Zardari, saying Musharraf should have refrained from giving such a statement.

Zardari thanks Nawaz on telephone

What is this minus-one formula?:rolleyes1:

They are talking about which democratic system?.:sad:

Last edited:
Sir I guarantee you that Zardari is nothing more than a puppet…
Nawaz Sharif is better than Zardari and I personally like NS but they both can’t save Pakistan….
It is not a big deal for GHQ to hit Zardari but there are several reasons for that…Army is busy and they don’t want to interfere in the democratic system…foreign aid will be questioned if they do interfere..but there are many other reasons…

Sir everyone dies…Benazir died but what happened to her wealth?? Did she take it with her??

Zardari does not have any kind of shame….

We need a young leadership with new faces…educated ones…
Health Minister should be a doctor or a person who is familiar with those things..
When people like Rehman Malik are on important seats than what can you expect from them?

There upbringing is from Haram money and their kids…..

Those evil monsters should be hanged..

My Mamo(Uncle) is also one of the top most beaurocrat and the things he has…I feel no shame to say that he cannot have those with the pay he gets from government…

My family is full of army, navy, air force people….with some politicians….and businessmen…

Some of them have the things which they should not have….

If I was the President I would have trialed all those corrupt people including the ones in my family….

:pakistan:

Last edited:
Pick out the best leader
1. Nawaz Sharif
2. Zardari Sahab

My opinion, for the well being of pakistan, can we add more in to the list

If the establishment did not trust Benazir with the Nuke Secrets or even invited her to the nuke sites, do you really think that they will trust her corrupt and third-rate husband?

Its just a title for the 'President of Pakistan' who happens to be Zaradari at this time. He will only be told what is required. No More No Less!

Kill of both them including all thr party workers A-Z kick this MQM from Karachi .... Call new generation new people in politics. otherwise these old puppets NS, Zardari all are here for MONEY thats it.

If the establishment did not trust Benazir with the Nuke Secrets or even invited her to the nuke sites, do you really think that they will trust her corrupt and third-rate husband?

Nope :stop:

Mushy was the best we ever had! they just couldn't see a good man do good things for the country now we got bigger issues! GOD help us ...

I can't understand.

Zardari wants control over nukes and takes it.

IMO, Army should not (and does not) trust Zardari.

Now, what will happen? What if army decides not to give the control to Zardari? Will it be another coup?

I'm not not suggesting anything. Just asking.

What does the constitution of Pk say ?

What is wrong if the Pres is heads the Nukes ? As I see it, in Pk the Pres not the PM enjoys greater power .

Is the objection against Zardari or the office of the President ?

what? how can it be?:hitwall:

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Report on command authority bill tabled in NA

Ask him to leave Pakistan alone.

:pakistan:

No. He should not be allowed to flee this time and same way should be treated his covert partner N. Sharif.
Infect, they should be pressurised to bring, all looted money back to the state.

Mushy was the best we ever had! they just couldn't see a good man do good things for the country now we got bigger issues! GOD help us ...

You are right... some local and foreign forces will never let Pakistan prosper.
There are many reasons attached to it.
An honest man will be either killed or defeated by using media misinformation.

No one could've ever thought that Zardari would become president one day. Not even Zardari himself.

But now, I sincerely hope for this argument (for Zardari being Chairman of Nuclear Command and Control) to remain hilarious.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom