ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Now flying: Ecuadorian President falls in love with the classy Dhruv

35004480.jpg

030409helicopter_2009042053744g.jpg

20110228170246(1).jpg

These are some of the exclusive shots made available for Tarmak007 during the just-concluded Aero India-2013. According to HAL officials, the above Dhruv with custom-made interiors, is one of the most-favourite flying assets of Ecuadorian President. Seven Dhruvs are now flying with the Ecuador forces.

Good job HAL :yahoo:

Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Now flying: Ecuadorian President falls in love with the classy Dhruv

Actually HAL should try to sale this bird to our CMs of 28 states. That would be good business and PR.

Stupid post from blog isn't this ironic Ecuadorian presidents enjoying ride in Indian "indigenous" dhuruv while Indians forces ordering expensive VVIP choppers from outside.

Stupid post from blog isn't this ironic Ecuadorian presidents enjoying ride in Indian "indigenous" dhuruv while Indians forces ordering expensive VVIP choppers from outside.

i also found it strange!
can anybody compare both the choppers(specs)

i also found it strange!
can anybody compare both the choppers(specs)

IMO there are two possibilities comfort level of lazy Indians is very high or Dhuruv is just media hyped platform its safety measures, level of comfort and luxury is ordinary which forced IAF to look for expensive Italian VVIP choppers. I heard USA rejected these chopper due to high cost.

Isn't this ironic Ecuadorian presidents enjoying ride in Indian "indigenous" dhuruv while Indians forces ordering expensive VVIP choppers from outside.
That's because VVIP Indian politicians have fatter a$$es and therefore need bigger choppers to cart the dead weight around! :cheesy:

Presidents of Latin lands are Indian chopper friendly, while Indians are Italian choppers friendly.
Common denominator????

Sonia clan.
Thank u.

IMO there are two possibilities comfort level of lazy Indians is very high or Dhuruv is just media hyped platform its safety measures, level of comfort and luxury is ordinary which forced IAF to look for expensive Italian VVIP choppers. I heard USA rejected these chopper due to high cost.

No, Dhruv is not in the weight class the IAF was looking for.

Dhruv is a world class helicopter. The Indian Armed Forces have access to the best helos in the world, but the Dhruv managed to successfully compete and has been ordered in huge numbers.

its a good chopper as far as military requirements are but i dont think it is as agile as the Italian and this could be the reason, but any how its good 2 see south Asian countries coming into this market.

its a good chopper as far as military requirements are but i dont think it is as agile as the Italian and this could be the reason, but any how its good 2 see south Asian countries coming into this market.

If you are refering to the choosing of Italian AW101 for our VVIP chopper requirement over our own ALH Dhruv, ALH Dhruv is much lighter catagory and do not match our requirements. What we needed was a bigger chopper.

If you are refering to the choosing of Italian AW101 for our VVIP chopper requirement over our own ALH Dhruv, ALH Dhruv is much lighter catagory and do not match our requirements. What we needed was a bigger chopper.

makes sense...........can Dhruv do high altitude missions?

good job there

except for the cost of course.

makes sense...........can Dhruv do high altitude missions?

ALH Dhruv is a superstar when it comes to high altitude operations.

DHruv MK3s can fly on an altitude of upto 8.4 Km, thereby becoming instrumental in supporting Indian Army Operations in Siachin and J&K.

Dhruv%2BSiachen.JPG

Sonam1.JPG

good job there

except for the cost of course.

What do you mean bro?
If you say the cost for which we sold'em the Dhruvs is high, I would say was low.

Back
Top Bottom