What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

There should be some backup emergency plan for pilot, how does a aircraft fall out of sky?
PAF does not operate Mig-21s.

Rip
Very Sad Incident.

Pilot attempted an inverted loop? Reminds me of another Mushshak crash a couple of years ago over the village of the pilot that killed both him and the trainee when the he performed an aerobatic maneuver at low level.
My childhood friend and neighbor brothers was died doing so in 2009 along with his instructor .

Inna lilahi wa inna ilahi rajiun......Is it just me or really our crashes have increased post feb 2019?

I feel he was attempting a roll but just when he goes past inverted the wings flick back as if locked back to level and he goes down. Was it a failure of controls or a misjudged loop?

I feel he was attempting a roll but just when he goes past inverted the wings flick back as if locked back to level and he goes down. Was it a failure of controls or a misjudged loop?

Hi,

He was flying outside of the flying limits of the aircraft.

Assalamu Alaikum all of you.

I am Abdullah Khan. I am a medical doctor by profession.

I want to share some important information with you. Sorry for the length of the post. But please read it till end as two very important pieces of information are in this post.

As we all know, PAF MFI-17 Super Mushshak Airplane crashed on 22 March, 2022 near Peshawar in which two pilots embraced Shahadat.

One pilot was Squadron Leader Asfandyar from Pakistan Air Force. Coincidentally, his plane crashed in his own home town, that is, Warsak, Peshawar. The plane was completely controlled by Asfandyar at the time of crash.

The other pilot was Commander Zia from Pakistan Navy. Note that he was one rank senior than Asfandyar. He was not some new cadet learning to fly as some people believe by mistake. Rather he was a very experienced pilot and instructor. He served 16 years in Pakistan Navy and was also the Captain of Pakistan Navy airplane P-3C Orion. His home town was Bagh Dushkhel, Talash, Lower Dir.

Commander Zia was my first cousin. I was greatly moved by the demise of Zia bhai. He was the most loving person I have ever seen in my whole family.

A few days after the crash, I was obsessed to find out the cause of this accident because I generally have a great interest in aviation, especially in documentary videos discussing the causes of aviation accidents. I felt like I will not be able to sleep at night unless someone tells me some possible cause of this accident.

I found a video of the crash of this airplane. Please watch this video. It is a new video, not shared here previously. Here is the link.

bit.ly/mushak

After finding the video, I quickly uploaded it to my own Youtube channel so as not to lose it in future.

I emailed this video link to some 25+ pilots, organizations and institutes and asked them about the possible cause of the crash.

I did not receive any reply from Pakistan Air Force or Army or Navy or any other Pakistani institute or organization. A few foreign organizations apologized that they cannot comment on it. Most of the foreign pilots I contacted also did not reply.

However, one organization did reply. It is an international organization of general aviation pilots named AOPA. I got really satisfied to get an answer and reply to my curiosities.

Here is the comment of a senior pilot and instructor from AOPA organization that I received:

"What I saw was an intentional pitch-up to a roll to inverted, which is standard procedure in most aerobatic airplanes. After the airplane rolled inverted, however, there was an immediate entry to a nearly vertical descent. In the descent two distinct things happened - 1. power was reduced and 2. the plane was rolled left and right a bit.

There was no sign of the pilot trying to pull out of the dive. This, coupled with the fact that the airplane immediately entered a dive after rolling inverted, leaves me to believe the elevator control broke. Firm forward elevator is required to hold an inverted airplane upright. My educated guess is that as soon as the pilot pushed forward, the elevator control failed, causing the airplane to instantly nose down. That fact, and that there was no detected attempt to pull-out of the ensuing dive further cements this possibility."

WHY I SHARED ALL THIS WITH YOU?

Because I want that the above video link and the above comment of the pilot regarding the video to reach the investigators who are currently in the process of investigating this crash. These two pieces of information will greatly help them in establishing the cause of this accident. They will be able to figure out the factors responsible and it will help to prevent such accidents from happening again in the future.

If you can somehow do it, do share the above video link and comment with the investigators of this crash. Or help it reach them in some way.

Thanks a lot. JAZAKALLAH.

Abdullah Khan
abdullah.aimc@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/akiqbalian

Assalamu Alaikum all of you.

I am Abdullah Khan. I am a medical doctor by profession.

I want to share some important information with you. Sorry for the length of the post. But please read it till end as two very important pieces of information are in this post.

As we all know, PAF MFI-17 Super Mushshak Airplane crashed on 22 March, 2022 near Peshawar in which two pilots embraced Shahadat.

One pilot was Squadron Leader Asfandyar from Pakistan Air Force. Coincidentally, his plane crashed in his own home town, that is, Warsak, Peshawar. The plane was completely controlled by Asfandyar at the time of crash.

The other pilot was Commander Zia from Pakistan Navy. Note that he was one rank senior than Asfandyar. He was not some new cadet learning to fly as some people believe by mistake. Rather he was a very experienced pilot and instructor. He served 16 years in Pakistan Navy and was also the Captain of Pakistan Navy airplane P-3C Orion. His home town was Bagh Dushkhel, Talash, Lower Dir.

Commander Zia was my first cousin. I was greatly moved by the demise of Zia bhai. He was the most loving person I have ever seen in my whole family.

A few days after the crash, I was obsessed to find out the cause of this accident because I generally have a great interest in aviation, especially in documentary videos discussing the causes of aviation accidents. I felt like I will not be able to sleep at night unless someone tells me some possible cause of this accident.

I found a video of the crash of this airplane. Please watch this video. It is a new video, not shared here previously. Here is the link.

bit.ly/mushak

After finding the video, I quickly uploaded it to my own Youtube channel so as not to lose it in future.

I emailed this video link to some 25+ pilots, organizations and institutes and asked them about the possible cause of the crash.

I did not receive any reply from Pakistan Air Force or Army or Navy or any other Pakistani institute or organization. A few foreign organizations apologized that they cannot comment on it. Most of the foreign pilots I contacted also did not reply.

However, one organization did reply. It is an international organization of general aviation pilots named AOPA. I got really satisfied to get an answer and reply to my curiosities.

Here is the comment of a senior pilot and instructor from AOPA organization that I received:

WHY I SHARED ALL THIS WITH YOU?

Because I want that the above video link and the above comment of the pilot regarding the video to reach the investigators who are currently in the process of investigating this crash. These two pieces of information will greatly help them in establishing the cause of this accident. They will be able to figure out the factors responsible and it will help to prevent such accidents from happening again in the future.

If you can somehow do it, do share the above video link and comment with the investigators of this crash. Or help it reach them in some way.

Thanks a lot. JAZAKALLAH.

Abdullah Khan
abdullah.aimc@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/akiqbalian
I am sorry for your loss and hope both you and his family are granted patience. I know P-3 pilots myself and they are generally very good fliers due to the long hours and difficult low level flight profiles they have to undertake.

Thank you for the effort to investigate but sharing it across the forum will not get it more attention and detracts from the other discussion s.

Yes, that explanation does look logical as it does look like the aircraft had control failure.
Generally, these are looked at during maintenance cycles and at times during preflight as well( I used to do this during my training on the Piper Warrior). However, the low level aerobatics are also ill advised especially over a populated area so not sure who was in command that initiated that maneuver.

I am sure the investigators are taking that into account but be advised that IF it turns out to be a combination of maintenance neglect and pilot error in doing those aerobatics at low level where recovery or escape was not an option these will likely never be released to the public such as me or you. It may be that Commander Zia’s course mates or squadron mates might be made aware of the conclusion.

I am sorry for your loss and hope both you and his family are granted patience. I know P-3 pilots myself and they are generally very good fliers due to the long hours and difficult low level flight profiles they have to undertake.

Thank you for the effort to investigate but sharing it across the forum will not get it more attention and detracts from the other discussion s.

Yes, that explanation does look logical as it does look like the aircraft had control failure.
Generally, these are looked at during maintenance cycles and at times during preflight as well( I used to do this during my training on the Piper Warrior). However, the low level aerobatics are also ill advised especially over a populated area so not sure who was in command that initiated that maneuver.

I am sure the investigators are taking that into account but be advised that IF it turns out to be a combination of maintenance neglect and pilot error in doing those aerobatics at low level where recovery or escape was not an option these will likely never be released to the public such as me or you. It may be that Commander Zia’s course mates or squadron mates might be made aware of the conclusion.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am sorry to spam different threads. I didn't mean to do so. I was not fully aware of the rules here. I will avoid it in the future.

Yes I know that results of such investigations are usually not made public. And I already know that PAF will never release such reports to public or even relatives as it is seen as defaming for them. Probably that was one reason I got even more curious to find the cause of it from other people as I knew PAF is not going to tell me anyway.

It is possible that it is a combination of pilot error (non-compliance with the aerobatics rules) and maintenance lapses. Maybe it was just a game of luck and no maintenance lapse is involved at all. But a mechanical failure was indeed involved in it. And a control failure did happen. And that was the only part I was trying to know during my whole search endeavour.

I am not expecting any further details about it from the authorities anyway. I was just going out-of-the way to share the video with the investigating bodies for helping them. As this specific crash video is not viral on social media yet.

Thanks again for your time. JAZAKALLAH KHAIR.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom